PDA

View Full Version : Battle with mower company--Opinions??

Pages : 1 [2]

MS_SURVEYOR
07-07-2010, 12:48 AM
Hold everything, you said you bought it in 2008 as a demo? I have been a dealer for BB since they fixed my mower in 2006, and have never seen that design. How old is that mower? I assume that when they said the engine wasn't under waranty that meant that the 2 year warranty that cat offers was already out since the mower was put into use, BB had to pull strings to get your engine covered (engine warranty with cat starts when a demo is put into service). That thing looks like a dinasaur. I am not trying to dis you, but the factory offered you a brand new gas unit that has been bullet proof for you for 4 years and you love for $1000 difference over a mower that is a complete POS for you and has 500 hours (which could have well been alot more than that as I don't trust hour meters I have seen to many that the wire came loose on or that went out and had to be replaced). My mind can't comprehend you not taking the deal.... unless you just thought by continued ranting on a public internet site that BB would just give you a new diesel for free. Dude you paid $8500 for that old designed mower, and the factory offered you a $8000 mower brand new for $1000 and your POS? I will honestly say that if the mower was as bad as you say it is, I would have traded and paid $5000 for a new one. What did you expect them to do as a factory? They are one of the few that will actually talk to you on the phone, and you talked to the owner of the company....lol. Your expectations were set high due to the other stories like mine where there are no out of pocket. I honestly believe if your mower was a newer one and you had these issues you would have got a swap for nothing, but yours is a completely old design all the way around. As far as issues with a mower, I would fully expect things to break on it over a 5 to 7 year period, to say nothing should break is unreasonable. You guys that are dissing BB just by reading this post is crazy, they waaaay went above and beyond on the offer, that is crazy... Go buy a Deere and get charged $26 for a deck roller wheel....lol. I just can't believe the factory was calling that a demo and offering any kind of warranty on it in 2008, your Lightning was bought 2 years before and was Alot newer of a design than that diesel. The fact that you have nearly 400 hours on a set of blades bothers me a little, I can't get more than 40 hours out of a set.... I will bet they leave a pretty poor cut on your yards with that much use and no replacing....

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/ablestock/ab000816/ab0008161159/194075-boy-eating-popcorn-and-watching-movie.jpg

MS_SURVEYOR
07-07-2010, 12:54 AM
Here are pics of the damage. The spindle pic is of one from when the first one broke, and I took both apart to examine. it shows where they broke.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff12/2strokeman/photo-2.jpg

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff12/2strokeman/photo-1.jpg

And PLEASE explain to me how good materials that are supposed to be heavy gauge are so thin. When this broke at the weld, the mig welder had to be turned all the way down to weld this, because it was instantly popping holes through the pipe. I learned this today talking to the machinist that fixed it.

[And by pipe I mean the square tubing frame]

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/lisafx/lisafx0811/lisafx081100058/3876398-little-boy-shocked-to-discover-santa-claus-on-christmas-morning--isolated-on-white.jpg

kb9nvh
07-07-2010, 01:34 AM
Well, YardFarmersLLC, I actually believe everything you say. I believe you bought a demo (with full warranty) and it had actually been abused horribly before you bought it. I look at your photo of the bend deck and I shudder to look at that ( I dont think I would have bought that mower myself).

I think you should have taken one of the deals they offered since you did run your machine for 450 hours (and I know they were all troubled hours). I know you bought a piece of crap under full warranty and you did get screwed buying a lemon. If you were willing to go with gas I would have put up the 1000 bucks probably. I think you said you were within 500 bucks of making a deal. At that point your into tax and gas to pick up the mower. Welds can be bad and painted to look good and I doubt the frame rails are 1/4" like the deck.

Everyone gets delt a bad bad hand every so often. Just my 2 cents after skimming this huge thread for the first time. You can guess I of all people would be sympathetic to your problem and I am. If I had been offered a similar deal from SCAG I would have walked away happy though...

topsites
07-07-2010, 02:13 AM
The BBB has no power to force a company to change their way of doing business.

No, they can't force a business to change its ways, but they certainly can make someone's life miserable.
So what if they don't point a gun at the CEO of a company, but who wants an
accredited business listed by the BBB with numerous badly resolved complaints?

I didn't see any takers.

Once a consumer contacts the BBB the consumer AND the company can opt to have the BBB arbitrate the case,
now one or the other or both may not like how the BBB resolves things but the BBB's decision is good enough to hold up in court.

Matter of fact once the BBB decides on a case it can no longer be taken to court as the judge will simply take the BBB's decision and throw the case out.
The BBB is so well recognized that their decision holds the same water as a judge's.

So having the BBB involved certainly is an option, one that probably
should have been considered before going public.

the Better Business Bureau is not an arbitrator

The BBB most certainly can and does offer arbitration among its services.
I am not sure if that's only for accredited businesses, I would assume it is.

RDA
07-07-2010, 02:30 AM
No, they can't force a business to change its ways, but they certainly can make someone's life miserable.

I didn't see any takers.

Once a consumer contacts the BBB the consumer AND the company can opt to have the BBB arbitrate the case,
now one or the other or both may not like how the BBB resolves things but the BBB's decision is good enough to hold up in court.

Matter of fact once the BBB decides on a case it can no longer be taken to court as the judge will simply take the BBB's decision and throw the case out.
The BBB is so well recognized that their decision holds the same water as a judge's.

First off, Bad Boy isn't an accredited member of the Better Business Bureau so most all of what you say is probably moot. The Better Business Bureau has absolutely no control over Bad Boy, their business practices or how they would handle this particular situation.

But, you are correct in that the Better Business Bureau offers dispute, mediation and arbitration services but both sides have to voluntarily agree to it. Based on how Bad Boy had handled this situation, I have a hard time believing they would agree to resolution services via the Better Business Bureau.

Regards,

Rich

LibertyFarmLandscaping
07-07-2010, 04:28 AM
Well, YardFarmersLLC, I actually believe everything you say. I believe you bought a demo (with full warranty) and it had actually been abused horribly before you bought it. I look at your photo of the bend deck and I shudder to look at that ( I dont think I would have bought that mower myself).

I think you should have taken one of the deals they offered since you did run your machine for 450 hours (and I know they were all troubled hours). I know you bought a piece of crap under full warranty and you did get screwed buying a lemon. If you were willing to go with gas I would have put up the 1000 bucks probably. I think you said you were within 500 bucks of making a deal. At that point your into tax and gas to pick up the mower. Welds can be bad and painted to look good and I doubt the frame rails are 1/4" like the deck.

Everyone gets delt a bad bad hand every so often. Just my 2 cents after skimming this huge thread for the first time. You can guess I of all people would be sympathetic to your problem and I am. If I had been offered a similar deal from SCAG I would have walked away happy though...

Yes as I posted earlier in this thread with my Scag issues, it makes no difference whether the mower was abused by him or before him or was a lemon to begin with. He will not get anything close to the offer from BB from one of the big companies should he have an issue with their product. He should be very pleased with the offer they gave him.:)

Required Field
07-07-2010, 07:31 AM
Hi everyone, my first post, hope I don't ramble too much. Been following this thread for days :)
So far I believe that YardFarmers version of events were as he saw them. The damage to the BB couldn't have been by hitting a solid object. The BB doesn't have enough mass to do that much damage.
However if it was backed on to a trailer (perhaps a gooseneck) butting right up to the front, and a 10,000 pound skid steer (Cat 267B) driven on afterwards with the bucket a little too high, it would account for the caster/deck problems. Even at low speeds, a solid hit can do a lot of damage.

nepatsfan
07-07-2010, 08:34 AM
First off, Bad Boy isn't an accredited member of the Better Business Bureau so most all of what you say is probably moot. The Better Business Bureau has absolutely no control over Bad Boy, their business practices or how they would handle this particular situation.

hmmmmm....thats probably enough said right there. Why wouldn't they be.

nepatsfan
07-07-2010, 08:36 AM
And I still can't figure out how MS_SURVEYOR got the idea the mower is 8 years old. I think he has a chronic case of Cranial Rectumitis. His head stays up his butt.

Dont try to rationalize with a woman. when they know they are wrong they will just yell scream belittle and post pictures of santa clause:rolleyes:

topsites
07-07-2010, 08:44 AM

That is interesting.

You may still be able to file a complaint on them as I have seen just recently
a non-accredited business listed with a letter grade of F... Then again that may
have removed their accreditation, that I couldn't say.

But certainly it is an option, beats going to court as far as I'm concerned, I am
not particularly on Farmer's side in this discussion but I also wouldn't stop anyone
from going this route as it is their choice, like it or not.

Might calm raw nerves a bit, who knows.

puppypaws
07-07-2010, 10:23 AM

I didn't see any takers.

"No, they can't force a business to change its ways, but they certainly can make someone's life miserable."

Unless a business is well documented through many negative customer complaints which can be (PROVEN) enabling the BBB to give a low grade, they cannot make any businesses life miserable. The BBB is not comparable to any law enforcing agency, it's not in their job description.

The information you see under the word QUOTE means it is came directly from the BBB website, (no question to ponder if seeing hard facts in black and white.)

QUOTE:

Although BBB does not have legal and policing powers, we provide information about marketplace fraud through alerts on scams to the public.

QUOTE:

Business Name / Address
Bad Boy Mowers, Inc.
102 Industrial Drive
Batesville, AR 72501
View Report | File Complaint

Type of Business / Manufactures & Producers

BBB Accreditation / NO

QUOTE:

BBB Accreditation
This business is not a BBB Accredited Business.

BBB Rating for Bad Boy Mowers, Inc.
Based on BBB files, Bad Boy Mowers, Inc. has a BBB Rating of A on a scale from A+ to F.

For all concerned, you can see from this information Bad Boy Mower Company is not accreditated by the BBB (and they could care less). The BBB has given them a rating of "A" and probably the only reason they were not given an "A+" is because the BBB had their feelings hurt knowing Bad Boy did not want to play their accreditation game.

To all that believe the BBB is a major force in the business world of America, think what you like. The only business the BBB would ever affect is one that should not be in business to begin with. I have dealt with them personally on a few legitimate issues and it did not take me long to figure out they are basically useless for anything other than a database of negative complaints.

RDA
07-07-2010, 11:34 AM

I don't honestly know, I don't see that "The Lawn King" is an accredited BBB member either, why is that?

Regards,

Rich

YardFarmersLLC
07-07-2010, 02:24 PM
Hi everyone, my first post, hope I don't ramble too much. Been following this thread for days :)
So far I believe that YardFarmers version of events were as he saw them. The damage to the BB couldn't have been by hitting a solid object. The BB doesn't have enough mass to do that much damage.
However if it was backed on to a trailer (perhaps a gooseneck) butting right up to the front, and a 10,000 pound skid steer (Cat 267B) driven on afterwards with the bucket a little too high, it would account for the caster/deck problems. Even at low speeds, a solid hit can do a lot of damage.

Haha, they have never even been on the trailer together I'm pretty sure. Although bad boy between concrete wall and skid steer sounds fun :) I would never sink that low, but I would enjoy that!
Posted via Mobile Device

retrodog
07-07-2010, 02:53 PM
I had a demo Cat diesel that had the governor go out during a demo. When I took it to cat for warranty work, they had to put the day that the demo was put into use as the day the warranty started on the engine, that was their policy, and the only way they would fix the engine under warranty. If I wanted to have it fixed out of pocket and then the warranty would start the day the mower was sold, they were going to charge me $1200 for the fix, so I opted to start the warranty of course..lol. If the mower had previous work done to it as in the water pump (you said you think it might have been worked on), Cat would have put that engine warranty to start at the date of the first use of the mower, if nothing had went wrong with it, they would have never known it was used previously, and they would start the warranty the day that was sold as a "demo", but my educated guess would be that that mower had previously been worked on due to it being built in 06 and not sold by the original dealer, but by the factory 2 years after production (BB builds to order, so the production date would be in line with the date the dealer took delivery).
My concern is that my first order of mowers was in 06, and I recieved a 28hp Cat diesel 60" deck with black plastic gas tanks, and not the metal ones, so I assumed it was maybe an 04 or less, sorry for the confusion on the age.
Just a side note, I think the BBB would be blown away by the offer the factory gave, it actually is almost a full replacement for a new mower of the same value minus maybe a 15% restocking fee for a piece of equipment that looks 8 years old with 500 hours on it that has been a nightmare from the start, from the offer they gave you. It would be hard for me to do that on a piece of equipment with 10 hours on it as a dealer, but I have done stuff like that before just to make people happy.
$8500 you paid originally plus $1000 for an $8000 brand new mower is an incredible deal, I would have taken that deal even with no options at cost, heck I would have jumped on it for no warranty at all to be honest...Not just being biased on BB or anything, but I know of no other lawn mower company out there that would offer a deal like that just to help a guy out and keep their name in the market as going above and beyond. Any piece of equipment you buy is as is where is the minute it is purchased plus any written warranties which are usually so well wrote by lawyers that really there is nothing that they would be forced to cover as a company.

John_99_2007
07-07-2010, 03:04 PM
Sounds like he doesn't want a fair deal. Now it's personal.
So YardFarmers.....What exactly do you want?

topsites
07-07-2010, 03:18 PM
Unless a business is well documented through many negative customer complaints which can be (PROVEN) enabling the BBB to give a low grade, they cannot make any businesses life miserable. The BBB is not comparable to any law enforcing agency, it's not in their job description.

Omg all I did was suggest a better way than this to handle a complaint,
you're obviously not an accredited member either so what does that say?

Alas, perhaps if more folks believed in the way things should be done, perhaps then more businesses would
get some kind of a rating but I can also see how with complaints like these, things would go nowhere.

I don't honestly know, I don't see that "The Lawn King" is an accredited BBB member either, why is that?

Exactly.

puppypaws
07-07-2010, 05:28 PM
Omg all I did was suggest a better way than this to handle a complaint,
you're obviously not an accredited member either so what does that say?

All I did was explain that the BBB will do you or no one else any good in a situation of this type, and your way of explaining how the BBB may be of help was useless.

KNIGHT81
07-07-2010, 08:16 PM
"All I did was explain that the BBB will do you or no one else any good in a situation of this type, and your way of explaining how the BBB may be of help was useless."

puppypaws, I agree, for folks not intelligent enough to know how to utilize the BBB, yes -it is useless. Fortunately it sounds like there are many on here who know how to use the BBB to their advantage. Similarly, that's my best stab at explaining how your explanation is useless too - kapich?

YardFarmersLLC, screw the bulls**t, email me; michael.g.stretton@us.army.mil, I'll help you out. Lotta static on here. I do think a few (very few) on here either have a vested interested (e.g. BB stock, dealer, dealers cousin etc) or have been on the receiving end of a BBB inquiry - motivating their vitriol against the BBB and you.

I have no idea who is right or wrong - don't give a rats pituti either. Bottom line, right or wrong, you have the right to seek BBB help. Far be it for me to pass judgement. But I also agree, it would seem, not knowing all the (it is a long thread) nuances, BB has made a reasonable, fair offer to gain closure.

puppypaws
07-07-2010, 08:50 PM
"All I did was explain that the BBB will do you or no one else any good in a situation of this type, and your way of explaining how the BBB may be of help was useless."

puppypaws, I agree, for folks not intelligent enough to know how to utilize the BBB, yes -it is useless. Fortunately it sounds like there are many on here who know how to use the BBB to their advantage. Similarly, that's my best stab at explaining how your explanation is useless too - kapich?

YardFarmersLLC, screw the bulls**t, email me; michael.g.stretton@us.army.mil, I'll help you out. Lotta static on here. I do think a few (very few) on here either have a vested interested (e.g. BB stock, dealer, dealers cousin etc) or have been on the receiving end of a BBB inquiry - motivating their vitriol against the BBB and you.

I have no idea who is right or wrong - don't give a rats pituti either. Bottom line, right or wrong, you have the right to seek BBB help. Far be it for me to pass judgement. But I also agree, it would seem, not knowing all the (it is a long thread) nuances, BB has made a reasonable, fair offer to gain closure.

Please be sure and come back to tell us how much help the BBB was in this situation, maybe we can all become more educated on benefits offered by the BBB...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

KNIGHT81
07-08-2010, 03:26 PM
Please be sure and come back to tell us how much help the BBB was in this situation, maybe we can all become more educated on benefits offered by the BBB...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

puppy, aka "GOD", I'll do ya one step better. I vote you for the "lawnsite.com guy of the year" award. You are the most eloquent, gentlemanly, intelligent and warm hearted lawn-care guy ever. Not sure why you are trying so hard to convince us all the BBB is useless. Why not relax & let us find out for ourselves if its a forgone conclusion? I think I know why. But I appreciate you trying soooooooooooo hard. Come to think of it...eh, never mind....

You got my name & email. Email me and I will educate you...if that's possible there "lawnsite God" who tells everybody their posts are "worthless" and has graduated "smiles404" in smiles college. Were I come from "smiles" are that other gender thing.....that would explain a lot...are you...nawwwww

YardFarmersLLC
07-08-2010, 04:12 PM
puppy, aka "GOD", I'll do ya one step better. I vote you for the "lawnsite.com guy of the year" award. You are the most eloquent, gentlemanly, intelligent and warm hearted lawn-care guy ever. Not sure why you are trying so hard to convince us all the BBB is useless. Why not relax & let us find out for ourselves if its a forgone conclusion? I think I know why. But I appreciate you trying soooooooooooo hard. Come to think of it...eh, never mind....

You got my name & email. Email me and I will educate you...if that's possible there "lawnsite God" who tells everybody their posts are "worthless" and has graduated "smiles404" in smiles college. Were I come from "smiles" are that other gender thing.....that would explain a lot...are you...nawwwww

Several people have acted like morons through this whole ordeal. I have been less in-touch with what has gone on the past couple days dealing with work and some specialist appointments at my neurologist, ect.

Anyways, thanks Knight for your help. I will try to get an Email out to you in the next bit. I honestly doubt that the BBB will do anything just because Bad Boy made me an offer, and I declined. Thats just my .02. But we can see what they think about it.

puppypaws
07-08-2010, 04:43 PM

Whatever you say is all good, with your military background and 11 post, it would be accurate beyond a shadow of a doubt, I feel assured.....Thumbs Up

KNIGHT81
07-08-2010, 05:21 PM
"and 11 post"

There you go with the smiles again. Unfortunately I was right. dammit.

.....see what I mean God? No, you and your "Farm Mower" background and 5,336 posts obviously makes whatever you say all good beyond a shadow of a doubt, I feel most assured.

You and your 5,336 posts on an umm (clear throat) lawn site - site makes your background and by extension - you - superior. Logic would follow that those of us with very few posts on lawn-site.com are inferior, our posts worthless by default and we should only post if we are prepared to have our noses rubbed in it by the all-knowing God of lawn-site.com - puppypaws. Yes, 5,336 posts without a doubt makes you a BBB and everything else - expert. And makes me ...as you say (about many on here) ....worthless.

I am not worthy.

No wonder you got so many posts. You got an auto reply setup to just say "your post is worthless" to everyone else's post. Maybe I should try that.

nepatsfan
07-08-2010, 06:47 PM
Whatever you say is all good, with your military background and 11 post, it would be accurate beyond a shadow of a doubt, I feel assured.....Thumbs Up

I dont believe knowledge should be judged on the number of posts.

mbrew
07-08-2010, 06:49 PM
This thread should be closed. It has deteriorated to the point where there is no value.

MS_SURVEYOR
07-08-2010, 07:03 PM
"and 11 post"

There you go with the smiles again. Unfortunately I was right. dammit.

.....see what I mean God? No, you and your "Farm Mower" background and 5,336 posts obviously makes whatever you say all good beyond a shadow of a doubt, I feel most assured.

You and your 5,336 posts on an umm (clear throat) lawn site - site makes your background and by extension - you - superior. Logic would follow that those of us with very few posts on lawn-site.com are inferior, our posts worthless by default and we should only post if we are prepared to have our noses rubbed in it by the all-knowing God of lawn-site.com - puppypaws. Yes, 5,336 posts without a doubt makes you a BBB and everything else - expert. And makes me ...as you say (about many on here) ....worthless.

I am not worthy.

No wonder you got so many posts. You got an auto reply setup to just say "your post is worthless" to everyone else's post. Maybe I should try that.

Ahhh! Now not you puppy!!! :laugh: I bet your wife would get a kick out of this!! :laugh:

I dont believe knowledge should be judged on the number of posts.

Oh No! :laugh: This is even getting better! :laugh:

nepatsfan you are correct. But in puppy's case of having the God given hard working knowledge does elevate him to a status beyond most on this site. Because he's been there, and done it for a very long time. Believe me, puppy walks the walk with the grace of God every waking day.

Well lets sit back and let the games begin! :drinkup:

KNIGHT81
07-08-2010, 07:38 PM
....here is my initial post on this thread;

"I'm a Nobie here. Recently retired, bought new Hustler Fastrak SD 25/60 to mow retirement property. I know nothing about mowers or mowing. Happily, I found this site so I can learn from you guys!

I read all of this thread. Fascinating. I know....not much of a life.....

A few posts back a wheebil made an excellent post (paraphrasing); "you ever consider contacting the Better Business Bureau and requesting a full replacement mower?"

What I do have experience with are consumer complaints to the BBB. While I agree with wheebil, if he has not already, YardFarmersLLC should write a letter to the BBB, unfortunately, I think the BBB would decide in favor of BB.

Obviously I don't know about mowers, their fair wear and tear, what constitutes "abuse" or not following "heavy use" maintenance procedures/schedules etc. I base my opinion based solely on the length & content of this thread. The BBB would look at both sides and have similar questions.

BB has given a good faith, reasonable attempt to mitigate the complaint. Not according to me, but according to many posters here. Further, the implications of the blade issue (please correct me if I'm wrong) seem to imply that perhaps maintenance was an issue. On the other hand, a couple posters disagree on that point. The point is - its a question mark. Question marks weigh in BB's favor.

I doubt a brand new replacement is in the cards via the BBB. You could go to court but at that point you stand to go even further in the red.

Never the less, he should file a complaint. Corporations don't like BBB complaints and usually soften-up giving the consumer more leverage negotiating a resolution.

I'm learning a lot from from you fellas - thanks.......Good luck YardFarmersLLC !"

.....some of the KEY statements I made being; "I think the BBB would decide in favor of BB." & "I doubt a brand new replacement is in the cards via the BBB." and, "BB has given a good faith, reasonable attempt to mitigate the complaint."

......I then complimented you guys.

After which my post was contorted, taken out of context, disingenuously misrepresented, implied it was worthless and all but told because I only have a few posts - my post was worthless. Thanks for the welcome. I fail to understand the vitriol directed at my post. I was hoping to learn a little bit. I'm sorry for offering to return the favor with something I know a little bit about.

Yawl's welcoming committee is a real fun bunch!

peace out.

========================================

"I bet your wife would get a kick out of this!! "

ms_surveyor, wait a minute.........you say she has a wife? ...I guess this site is ok after all!

YardFarmersLLC
07-08-2010, 08:23 PM
Knight, many of the guys on forums talk a big talk but couldn't oversee a plan to get out of a wet paper sack sadly. But, luckily there are many fine guys here that have a clue about things and genuinely want to help a person.

And yes, the welcoming committee leaves a lot to be desired.
Posted via Mobile Device

kb9nvh
07-08-2010, 09:09 PM
And this is the good "lawn forum". When I was posting about my issue last year the guys on the "other" big lawn forum called and accused me of everything.
Until someone suffers a loss themselves on such a huge investment and when you feel you did everything right and expected a little more from a commercial piece of equipment, I just think they dont have what it takes to put themselves in your shoes for a second and think it through.

topsites
07-08-2010, 09:27 PM
And yes, the welcoming committee leaves a lot to be desired.
Posted via Mobile Device

Step yourself over to the other side and see what it feels like to have all these
folks coming around here expecting something for nothing, and I ain't talking
about no free Bad boys lol.

Folks come up in this LS ALL the time, fully ignore any rules, lie to our faces to
get what they're after, back the next day with the next question because they
fail to appreciate what they've learned, long story short now but the list goes on, and on.

That's where I get my salt from and that's why I'm quick to pass judgment,
so then I make mistakes but it's all kind of in the Yin Yang, see?

Anyhow, it's all good.

MS_SURVEYOR
07-08-2010, 09:37 PM
ms_surveyor, wait a minute.........you say she has a wife? ...I guess this site is ok after all!

:rolleyes:

NO! I didn't say that at all. This kind of makes me wonder about you? :confused:

May be you're into that alternative sexual thing, but I would believe you would be of the few if any on this site.

You sir are getting freaky scary!!

KNIGHT81
07-08-2010, 10:51 PM

NO! I didn't say that at all. This kind of makes me wonder about you? :confused:

May be you're into that alternative sexual thing, but I would believe you would be of the few if any on this site.

You sir are getting freaky scary!!

"scary" haha.....hardly, wife says since I retired I resemble the stay-puff marshmallow man. Look man, I made a nice post and puppy butchered it and a few other posters posts. Whats scary is you guys letting him get away with it.

anywho....I get it. FNG's aren't allowed.

so, thanks. Its been real. Its been fun, but it ain't been real fun.

ps.....work on that sense of humor thing, it (she has a wife) was a joke - but some how I think you knew that. You guys take this lawn stuff very serious.

puppypaws
07-08-2010, 11:20 PM
Look man, I made a nice post and puppy butchered it and a few other posters posts. Whats scary is you guys letting him get away with it.

"Look man, I made a nice post," I believe you caught too much of a howitzer muzzle blast while in the military, the statements you come up with sounds like they came from someone who was shell shocked.

YardFarmersLLC
07-09-2010, 08:33 AM
Step yourself over to the other side and see what it feels like to have all these
folks coming around here expecting something for nothing, and I ain't talking
about no free Bad boys lol.

Folks come up in this LS ALL the time, fully ignore any rules, lie to our faces to
get what they're after, back the next day with the next question because they
fail to appreciate what they've learned, long story short now but the list goes on, and on.

That's where I get my salt from and that's why I'm quick to pass judgment,
so then I make mistakes but it's all kind of in the Yin Yang, see?

Anyhow, it's all good.

All I asked for was some opinions on what Bad Boy should do. I started this thread with faith in BadBoy to do something very good for a repeat customer. They had cared for me very well in the past. As long as they are FULLY on the recieving end, they will treat you good. When you ask for someting in return, they balk up. Its that simple.

Some of these lawn guys act like it takes a genius to do this stuff, but it takes very little IQ to mow a yard. It takes common sense and reasoning to deal with customers and make things right when they go wrong.

It seems you have the "I'm a jerk, I will stay a jerk" attitude when you admit you are fast to pass judgement. I have been around forums for a while. I have been a member of a leading Ford Truck Forum for years, and never been disrespected. I thought forums were for help, not having your feet knocked out from under you.

And when the crap did my mower thread turn sexual MS Surveyor?

puppypaws
07-09-2010, 08:58 AM
All I asked for was some opinions on what Bad Boy should do. I started this thread with faith in BadBoy to do something very good for a repeat customer. They had cared for me very well in the past. As long as they are FULLY on the recieving end, they will treat you good. When you ask for someting in return, they balk up. Its that simple.

Some of these lawn guys act like it takes a genius to do this stuff, but it takes very little IQ to mow a yard. It takes common sense and reasoning to deal with customers and make things right when they go wrong.

It seems you have the "I'm a jerk, I will stay a jerk" attitude when you admit you are fast to pass judgement. I have been around forums for a while. I have been a member of a leading Ford Truck Forum for years, and never been disrespected. I thought forums were for help, not having your feet knocked out from under you.

Your question has been answered several times, most seem to think BB is offering you a more than adequate resolution, one that would satisfy the largest percentage of people in your same position. The mower you made pictures of is definitely an abused mower, how is was abused is not an arguable point. You say it was not abused by you, so we will leave it at that.

The opinion of the majority is you should have taken the deal BB offered, case closed. Now, to say you do not like the opinion rendered, appeal the process.

kb9nvh
07-09-2010, 10:07 AM
I agree that it got way to derogatory in here.
So, I guess I can go back and reread but what I think I remember is that:

** you thought $500 out of pocket and a brand new full warranty mower was the minimum you would take to replace your defective mower?

**The lemon mower you bought you clocked up about 450 hours out of it (in how long?)

**The factory basically offererd you your deal but $1000 out of pocket instead of $500 right?

MS_SURVEYOR
07-09-2010, 10:15 AM

KNIGHT81
07-09-2010, 02:49 PM
"Look man, I made a nice post," I believe you caught too much of a howitzer muzzle blast while in the military, the statements you come up with sounds like they came from someone who was shell shocked.

......awesome, you know what 13 alphabet means. I take it all back.

ied near fallujah = two craniotomies. ....still a few seizures but I was damn lucky, thanks for the concern.

KNIGHT81
07-09-2010, 02:58 PM

MS_SURVEYOR NICE TRY GULLIVER, you turned it into a "sexual thing"; "you're into that alternative sexual thing"......not me.

;-)....burb....roll eyes

MS_SURVEYOR
07-09-2010, 05:31 PM
......awesome, you know what 13 alphabet means. I take it all back.

ied near fallujah = two craniotomies. ....still a few seizures but I was damn lucky, thanks for the concern.

I proud you made it out of there and back home. Thank You for your service! :usflag:

YardFarmersLLC
07-09-2010, 06:34 PM
I agree that it got way to derogatory in here.
So, I guess I can go back and reread but what I think I remember is that:

** you thought $500 out of pocket and a brand new full warranty mower was the minimum you would take to replace your defective mower?

**The lemon mower you bought you clocked up about 450 hours out of it (in how long?)

**The factory basically offererd you your deal but $1000 out of pocket instead of $500 right?

We put approx. 300 hours on it. I think there is a noticeable difference in this case between 300 and 450. 450 is exactly 50% more hours than we have put on it during our miserable ownership of it.

When I got there I honestly had in mind $0 difference between mine and the other mower. Think about it, I would have had $10,000+down time+two trips to Arkansas in a mower (with no warranty) that I could have bought here for $8000 or less with full warranty. I didn't earn my money easy enough to turn loose of it that freely. If I wanted to be taken to the cleaners I could get it done locally and not travel that far to have it done by some "Professional" sales rep wearing shorts and a T-shirt talking down to me and using profanity setting in the weight lifting room at Bad Boy.

If you all had experienced the side of customer service I did at Bad Boy this trip, you would be all over them too. It was the principle of the thing that made me decide not to give them another $1000 of my hard earned money.

1-Rep an hour late arriving to meet me at the factory because he is moving a refrigerator.

2-Big wigs walk by, glance at mower, then load up and leave. Never spoke to us, and us standing right there.

3-"professionals" using profanity and talking down to a customer while running around in shorts and T-Shirts

4-Never being offered a seat, ect. We stood in the weight lifting room with other people passing through trying to negotiate for over an hour. If I was dealing with a disgruntled customer standing at my house, I would invite them in and set somewhere comfortable without ten people trafficking through

5-I could go on, but you get the point.

My point? I expected a professional atmosphere when I went down there, and it was like a bunch of kids playing, having to call someone else every five minutes to see what they could do. At that point I was fed up, and I stubbed up also.

So yes, its over. My experience stunk. They made an offer, I was too caught up on principles to give them any more of my money. They made an offer, I walked away. I have to scratch up and sweat out my money. This thing has to pay for itself. I would have went even deeper by accepting their offer. I don't expect anything more from them, and hope they don't expect a good reputation from me.

On a side note, I am happily looking at a pair of Toro Z580 Diesel 60" mowers. Hopefully get a fair deal on them, both are low hour and like new.

nepatsfan
07-09-2010, 07:06 PM
We put approx. 300 hours on it. I think there is a noticeable difference in this case between 300 and 450. 450 is exactly 50% more hours than we have put on it during our miserable ownership of it.

When I got there I honestly had in mind $0 difference between mine and the other mower. Think about it, I would have had $10,000+down time+two trips to Arkansas in a mower (with no warranty) that I could have bought here for $8000 or less with full warranty. I didn't earn my money easy enough to turn loose of it that freely. If I wanted to be taken to the cleaners I could get it done locally and not travel that far to have it done by some "Professional" sales rep wearing shorts and a T-shirt talking down to me and using profanity setting in the weight lifting room at Bad Boy.

If you all had experienced the side of customer service I did at Bad Boy this trip, you would be all over them too. It was the principle of the thing that made me decide not to give them another $1000 of my hard earned money.

1-Rep an hour late arriving to meet me at the factory because he is moving a refrigerator.

2-Big wigs walk by, glance at mower, then load up and leave. Never spoke to us, and us standing right there.

3-"professionals" using profanity and talking down to a customer while running around in shorts and T-Shirts

4-Never being offered a seat, ect. We stood in the weight lifting room with other people passing through trying to negotiate for over an hour. If I was dealing with a disgruntled customer standing at my house, I would invite them in and set somewhere comfortable without ten people trafficking through

My point? I expected a professional atmosphere when I went down there, and it was like a bunch of kids playing, having to call someone else every five minutes to see what they could do. At that point I was fed up, and I stubbed up also.

So yes, its over. My experience stunk. They made an offer, I was too caught up on principles to give them any more of my money. They made an offer, I walked away. I have to scratch up and sweat out my money. This thing has to pay for itself. I would have went even deeper by accepting their offer. I don't expect anything more from them, and hope they don't expect a good reputation from me.

On a side note, I am happily looking at a pair of Toro Z580 Diesel 60" mowers. Hopefully get a fair deal on them, both are low hour and like new.

The more I hear about this, the more I dont like it. On the other hand, if the offer is still on the table I would swallow my pride and pay the grand and make the trade. If nothing else you can sell the new mower for more way more than a thousand more than you can sell your boat anchor for.

br549oicu8
07-09-2010, 11:30 PM
I would bet the deal is no longer on the table. BB most likely is ticked at this thread a bit, and won't adjust or even match the previous offer. I agree with the above post, though. If they would still offer it, take it and run.
Go get your Toro mowers, and move on to happier subjects. This one is done. Been there in the same boat with Wright. Nothing seems to get better, so turn a cheek (back side of course) and get a good machine and make some money!!!!!!
I feel for ya.

YardFarmersLLC
07-10-2010, 03:11 AM
Thanks guys. I appreciate the feedback, but the deal is off the table on both ends. After the return home and some mud-slinging on here I called the rep and asked him to clarify his statements. He hung up on me. Another rep returned my call within a few minutes, this time on conference call. Lawnsnake (the badboy rep from this thread) tried to make the deal sound different than it originally was, and tried to sugar coat the original deal. He also promised to come on here and straighten things up and clarify his comments that were vague, and misrepresented. It never happened.

Oh well. I'm done. We are beating a dead horse. Over and out!

nepatsfan
07-10-2010, 09:39 AM
Thanks guys. I appreciate the feedback, but the deal is off the table on both ends. After the return home and some mud-slinging on here I called the rep and asked him to clarify his statements. He hung up on me. Another rep returned my call within a few minutes, this time on conference call. Lawnsnake (the badboy rep from this thread) tried to make the deal sound different than it originally was, and tried to sugar coat the original deal. He also promised to come on here and straighten things up and clarify his comments that were vague, and misrepresented. It never happened.

I guess the name lawnsnake is a pretty appropriate name and represents the company well. What a shame. This is why I would say stick to the well known established brands and pay a bit more and let other guys be the guinea pigs. Good Luck!

big_belly4ever
07-10-2010, 10:13 AM
I would have hung up on you too. You little punk. Their is no need to nor should the rep come on here. Everyone that has made up their minds by reading this threads Already. those with Badboys wont change their minds on having one knowing somethings fishy with your story.(Not saying anything about motor problem.) YardFarmer I'll come pick up the Badboy mowers and take your misery away since their so BAD and no other z mower company will take them for trade since their no good company to deal with. I got to 22" push mowers or john deer riders ( this what a kid like you should start of with you dont give a kid a Cadillac for his first car lol)to trade and $1,000 to boot. Take the deal farmer like you should of from bad boy. Ill drive from 49938. Ill bet $1,000 we will here from this punk again on hes new what ever he gets. I hope you 've kept the mowers inside while your new mowers are on the trail since i now by your post your not running them. Have your dad park them inside for me. thanks.

rtharris
07-10-2010, 10:46 AM

Posted via Mobile Device

MOturkey
07-10-2010, 10:51 AM
I think one major point a lot of people are missing regarding this whole situation is that, to a large extent, the dealer often makes all the difference. A good dealer acts as a buffer between the customer and the company, and will try to find a way to take care of his customers. It is also in the best interest of the mower company to keep the dealer happy, because he is selling their products.

I suspect that many large companies tend to look at the end consumer as only one sale. That, of course, isn't necessarily true, but if they see it that way, it is definitely a factor. On the other hand, if a dealer is selling several hundred units of their product a year, they might be more inclined to go the extra mile to keep the dealer, and subsequently, his customer, happy, especially with the majority of dealers handling multiple brands.

My own dealer put it this way just the other day. He said he thinks every mower company out there probably makes a good product, but, in his case, he has stuck with Gravely because they have always taken care of him, which, in turn, means he can take care of his customers.

rtharris
07-10-2010, 10:51 AM
I guess the next time we hear from yardfarmer he will be trashing toro after he tears up their low hour demos
Posted via Mobile Device

nepatsfan
07-10-2010, 11:04 AM
I think one major point a lot of people are missing regarding this whole situation is that, to a large extent, the dealer often makes all the difference. A good dealer acts as a buffer between the customer and the company, and will try to find a way to take care of his customers. It is also in the best interest of the mower company to keep the dealer happy, because he is selling their products.

I suspect that many large companies tend to look at the end consumer as only one sale. That, of course, isn't necessarily true, but if they see it that way, it is definitely a factor. On the other hand, if a dealer is selling several hundred units of their product a year, they might be more inclined to go the extra mile to keep the dealer, and subsequently, his customer, happy, especially with the majority of dealers handling multiple brands.

My own dealer put it this way just the other day. He said he thinks every mower company out there probably makes a good product, but, in his case, he has stuck with Gravely because they have always taken care of him, which, in turn, means he can take care of his customers.

Very valid point. Never really gave it much thought but that is certainly true.

puppypaws
07-10-2010, 02:52 PM
If I wanted to be taken to the cleaners I could get it done locally and not travel that far to have it done by some "Professional" sales rep wearing shorts and a T-shirt talking down to me and using profanity setting in the weight lifting room at Bad Boy.

I think if Bad Boy has another side to this ridiculous so called business meeting, they should come into this site and verify why or what actually took place at the weight room. That is one more sickening story of anyone attempting to conduct business, probably the most unprofessional thing I've heard in quite some time.

YardFarmersLLC
07-10-2010, 03:35 PM
I would have hung up on you too. You little punk. Their is no need to nor should the rep come on here. Everyone that has made up their minds by reading this threads Already. those with Badboys wont change their minds on having one knowing somethings fishy with your story.(Not saying anything about motor problem.) YardFarmer I'll come pick up the Badboy mowers and take your misery away since their so BAD and no other z mower company will take them for trade since their no good company to deal with. I got to 22" push mowers or john deer riders ( this what a kid like you should start of with you dont give a kid a Cadillac for his first car lol)to trade and $1,000 to boot. Take the deal farmer like you should of from bad boy. Ill drive from 49938. Ill bet $1,000 we will here from this punk again on hes new what ever he gets. I hope you 've kept the mowers inside while your new mowers are on the trail since i now by your post your not running them. Have your dad park them inside for me. thanks.

Anyone can be a smart alec. Good job :clapping:

And no one had given me anything. "Mommy and daddy" haven't bought me anything. My name is on what few loans I have.

As I said before, both mowers used on same terrain by same operators. Are you too blinded by your pessimism and idiocy to see that all the variables are the same for both mowers on my end? And that only the one unit has exhibited any problems? :hammerhead:

I would hate to be one of your customers. I can see by reading through posts here who I would sub something out to, and who I wouldn't in most cases.

As far as MS Surveyor goes, I would say I wouldn't want to be one of his customers, but then I realized he has none. Just his "demanding five acres" of personal property. He probably runs his mower at half throttle to boot, thinking it is easier on it.

Whether or not you agree with me really doesn't matter at this point, because when you are the one who gets screwed over by someone, you will see what I mean.

MS_SURVEYOR
07-10-2010, 03:51 PM

You're the DUMB AZZ that just took a $10000+ loss! :laugh:

Yea you're real smart! :dizzy:

and a liar! :laugh:

:waving:

rtharris
07-10-2010, 04:59 PM

You're the DUMB AZZ that just took a $10000+ loss! :laugh:

Yea you're real smart! :dizzy:

and a liar! :laugh:

:waving:
Posted via Mobile Device

nepatsfan
07-10-2010, 05:31 PM
I'm out of here with this one!

Good Luck To Ya!

MS_SURVEYOR

Geez I thought she was going to stop posting a long time ago. :confused:

big_belly4ever
07-10-2010, 06:40 PM
YardFarmer i just read #291. Now is when snake whatever hes name rep from Badboy should come on and verify your story or not. That is bad customer service. I agree with you their. Now I calling for a Badboy Rep to reply to this Listing#291. Was he being pita while he was their or didn't you believe he was coming since your dealer wouldn't deal with him or what. I only dealt with them on the phone. I'm backin on this one but i would like to know if this could been handled a little better on BOTH sides of all involved I love your product but does no good if reps and dealers ruin that for you. I've been in business to and word of mouth(LAWNSITE TOO) GOES ALONG WAY. I ve handled a ONE(few) things wrong to. With some time to cool off both Badboy and Yardfarmer could handle this with a little more tact,grownupness, truthfulness. ps yardfarmer need address to pick up those mowers lol Sorry about smart alec comments.

YardFarmersLLC
07-10-2010, 07:45 PM
YardFarmer i just read #291. Now is when snake whatever hes name rep from Badboy should come on and verify your story or not. That is bad customer service. I agree with you their. Now I calling for a Badboy Rep to reply to this Listing#291. Was he being pita while he was their or didn't you believe he was coming since your dealer wouldn't deal with him or what. I only dealt with them on the phone. I'm backin on this one but i would like to know if this could been handled a little better on BOTH sides of all involved I love your product but does no good if reps and dealers ruin that for you. I've been in business to and word of mouth(LAWNSITE TOO) GOES ALONG WAY. I ve handled a ONE(few) things wrong to. With some time to cool off both Badboy and Yardfarmer could handle this with a little more tact,grownupness, truthfulness. ps yardfarmer need address to pick up those mowers lol Sorry about smart alec comments.

You are right. He should have something to say. Its been over a week and a half since I talked to them on the phone. He said he was on the LawnSite as we spoke, and that at the end of our conversation he would clarify his statements. You can see his word is good. (NOT)

They said Mr.Pulley (owner) was mad that I had said anything negative on here when I left. I told them that as soon as I walked out I would be on my I phone, and posting about it. I made that clear. They walked out of the room saying that they were done with me and they had missed dealer calls to deal with me. They said they had sat a one hour limit for negotiations after which they were sending me packing. Their idea of negotiation was take it or leave it. I left it, that's all there is to it, and they don't seem to have the cahones to reply back now. THEY SAID Mr.Pulley was mad, and pretty much said "screw him" when I refused the 'deal' and posted negative feedback. :dizzy:

Tharrell
07-10-2010, 09:17 PM
Geez, will you guys please use the spell checker and some punctuation? This may very well have been something I was interested in but, it was so hard to read some of your posts I just gave up.

ADLAWNCUTTERS
07-11-2010, 03:46 AM
Regardless the company should have bent over backwards for you.They should have given you a new mower without any cost to you.Took your old mower and used it quality control tester. Maybe let your company try out new mowers for as a beta tester.They said screw you i say screw them .They are to dumb to realize the power of the internet and word of mouth.After reading these posts i would NEVER consider buying there stuff.Thanks for telling your story..

Required Field
07-11-2010, 05:10 AM
YardFarmers, when the rear hood latch broke, was there also damage to the rear hood? The pic you posted looks like it has some alignment issues.

YardFarmersLLC
07-11-2010, 09:06 AM
YardFarmers, when the rear hood latch broke, was there also damage to the rear hood? The pic you posted looks like it has some alignment issues.

Yes, It was bent. I was in the middle of a turn next to a picnic table. The rubber had just broke, and as I spun it around, WHAP! Skippy the trimmer boy saw it all happen lol. Bent it pretty good, but we straightened it as best we could.

Grubrunner
07-11-2010, 09:12 AM
Good God.... this garbage is still going???

....Oh well. I'm done. We are beating a dead horse. Over and out!

Yet you continue to come back with your lies and horse dung....

Don't let the door hit your lying a$$ on the way out.

Good riddance!

This thread has turned into nothing more than either a BadBoy bashing or [righfully so] YardFarmersLLC bashing. Either way, I'm sure both parties are thrilled... not!

Somehow, I'm guessing this very thread goes against the ethics & principles of what a forum of this nature should be about.... so what's the point of letting this garbage continue?

Somebody please LOCK this [what has rapidly become a] useless thread...

puppypaws
07-11-2010, 10:02 AM

Good riddance!

This thread has turned into nothing more than either a BadBoy bashing or [righfully so] YardFarmersLLC bashing. Either way, I'm sure both parties are thrilled... not!

Somehow, I'm guessing this very thread goes against the ethics & principles of what a forum of this nature should be about.... so what's the point of letting this garbage continue?

Can you say:

KNIGHT81
07-11-2010, 01:00 PM
I proud you made it out of there and back home. Thank You for your service! :usflag:

In all seriousness it is guys like you and others on this forum - small business owners, hard workers, guys who put this country on your backs and make it great that deserve the praise. Without guys like you fellas, full of piss and vinegar but all great Americans - there wouldn't be anything worth serving for.

Hell, any idiot can carry a gun and shoot people while living off you the taxpayer but I've always contended guys like you on here are the real hero's.

My dad was a small business owner. I know of the risks, stress and long hours you guys deal with. But Americans are damn tough which made me proud to serve. With the economy and job outlook the way it is - its no wonder everyone is at each others throats. Competition is high.

We can come on here and disagree about whatever - just remember we aren't the taliban We are all great Americans. If you are on this board, odds are you are a producer not a moocher. Which makes you the heartbeat of this great country.

.....ok enough fluff, lets get back to beating this horse.....

KFLAWN
07-11-2010, 03:39 PM
badboy is Nothing more than a dixie chopper cheap clone. No disrespect to dixie... we have 3
I remember saying this when I first seen them at the mgia.
Ben.

kb9nvh
07-11-2010, 03:53 PM
Dixie Chopper and SCAG are king around my parts. Sometimes see a grasshopper and then other brands behind that but I would say 80% of mowers on the trailers you see are scag and Dixie.

I'm not sure how BB is a Dixie clone though...I've seen lots of both and there not alot that is the same at all?? In fact, I cant think of anything that is the same. (maybe they both sit up a bit to high)??

badboy is Nothing more than a dixie chopper cheap clone. No disrespect to dixie... we have 3
I remember saying this when I first seen them at the mgia.
Ben.

puppypaws
07-11-2010, 07:24 PM
Dixie Chopper and SCAG are king around my parts. Sometimes see a grasshopper and then other brands behind that but I would say 80% of mowers on the trailers you see are scag and Dixie.

I'm not sure how BB is a Dixie clone though...I've seen lots of both and there not alot that is the same at all?? In fact, I cant think of anything that is the same. (maybe they both sit up a bit to high)??

BB is no more a Dixie clone than Faith Hill is Dolly Pardon's daughter.....LOL

YardFarmersLLC
07-11-2010, 09:08 PM

Good riddance!

You can do something about it! Get your own rear end out. If you don't like it, shut up and don't reply. I'm not all upset because I have nothing to hide. I will show this piece of crap to anyone. All you have to do is look at the rest of my stuff I have owned for years to tell that my stuff IS NOT abused.

I don't want ANYTHING I am not owed. Thats why I am not mooching off welfare. If I had something to hide, I would not have hauled the thing to Arkansas moron. Pardon me, but I don't deal well with being called a liar, because I'm not. I might respect what you say about getting out and not letting the door hit me, but with 130 posts you don't exactly have a bunch of seniority around here.

br549oicu8
07-11-2010, 09:29 PM
I would just ask a moderator to close the thread, Yardfarmer. It isn't going to get anything resolved, and has just turned into a pi$$ing contest. To be honest, I agree with you completely. It's just my opinion and doesn't mean much. This thread needs to be locked. You started it so you would be the one to request it. I think it is time.....

KFLAWN
07-11-2010, 09:31 PM
have you looked at the two next to eachother? I didnt mean any bad words towards dixie. also the frame is almost a direct copy. And the flip out gas tanks? thats not the same? look under the seat and tell me that they didnt have dixie in mind when making it

cheers

KFLAWN
07-11-2010, 09:35 PM
You can do something about it! Get your own rear end out. If you don't like it, shut up and don't reply. I'm not all upset because I have nothing to hide. I will show this piece of crap to anyone. All you have to do is look at the rest of my stuff I have owned for years to tell that my stuff IS NOT abused.

I don't want ANYTHING I am not owed. Thats why I am not mooching off welfare. If I had something to hide, I would not have hauled the thing to Arkansas moron. Pardon me, but I don't deal well with being called a liar, because I'm not. I might respect what you say about getting out and not letting the door hit me, but with 130 posts you don't exactly have a bunch of seniority around here.

im with you man, I apreciate your post. If a product isnt up to par. I want to know so I dont blow 10k on a mower. dont listen to these other guys.

mbrew
07-11-2010, 09:41 PM
Moderators, with people being called liars and morons, can we not find enough violations of the terms of use to justify locking this thread. This cannot be good for the community or the industry as a whole to allow this to go on.

KFLAWN
07-11-2010, 09:47 PM
BB is no more a Dixie clone than Faith Hill is Dolly Pardon's daughter.....LOL

this means? what equipment have you tried buddy?
or you just have no clue?

YardFarmersLLC
07-11-2010, 11:00 PM
I see no particular reason to lock it, if people weren't TRYING to offend. Thats all it boils down to. Some people just want to offend others. I hope the only person I have offended is Bad Boy. Otherwise, I apologize if I made someone mad, it is easy to say something in haste. But, it is obvious this is going nowhere at this point, other than a few people have realized that Bad Boy truly has the epitome of poor customer care, all the way around. But, I will say in there defense they did offer us a bottle of water while we standing in the parking lot sweating like crazy waiting on the late rep. But, we keep a cooler full of Red Bull and water although a comfy seat would have been nice.

puppypaws
07-11-2010, 11:13 PM
have you looked at the two next to eachother? I didnt mean any bad words towards dixie. also the frame is almost a direct copy. And the flip out gas tanks? thats not the same? look under the seat and tell me that they didnt have dixie in mind when making it

cheers

I know a little more about the BB operation than you, and to say they looked at the Dixie Chopper mower, yes they did, the same as they looked at Scag, Hustler, Ferris, Bobcat, Gravely and all other zero turn mowers.

It is your prerogative to say BB is a clone of Dixie Chopper, the same as it is my prerogative to say it is not. Case closed, if you care to appeal have your attorney do the paper work, and we will move it into a higher court, where I will prove BB did not copy the design of Dixie Chopper, if they had, it would be a case of "Patent Infringement."

YardFarmersLLC
07-11-2010, 11:23 PM
I wuoldn't say they copied them, most mowers are gonna have similarities. However, (NO OFFENSE TO ANY OWNERS) the dixie always looked to me like it was built in someones back yard for some reason. Like in the shop out back...If that the case, then maybe drunk cousin eddie built the bad boy in the back of the shop where the lighting was poor and the mig welder was outta gas.

kb9nvh
07-11-2010, 11:32 PM
From my memory the two have nothing in common but no need for personal interpretations when pictures will do. Someone post dixie shots and I"ll duplicate them on my bad boy and then we can speak to the picture instead of our memories.

cheers

kb9nvh
07-11-2010, 11:34 PM
LOL, I agree YF on the dixie looking like a 60's transformer or something..haha
But they are good attested to by the extensive use around here.

I wuoldn't say they copied them, most mowers are gonna have similarities. However, (NO OFFENSE TO ANY OWNERS) the dixie always looked to me like it was built in someones back yard for some reason. Like in the shop out back...If that the case, then maybe drunk cousin eddie built the bad boy in the back of the shop where the lighting was poor and the mig welder was outta gas.

YardFarmersLLC
07-11-2010, 11:36 PM
LOL, I agree YF on the dixie looking like a 60's transformer or something..haha
But they are good attested to by the extensive use around here.

Yes, people treat them like crap around here, and they keep ticking. They must have something going for them. Seems around here people either love them or hate them.

MowingMowingMowing
07-12-2010, 12:15 AM
I know a little more about the BB operation than you, and to say they looked at the Dixie Chopper mower, yes they did, the same as they looked at Scag, Hustler, Ferris, Bobcat, Gravely and all other zero turn mowers.

It is your prerogative to say BB is a clone of Dixie Chopper, the same as it is my prerogative to say it is not. Case closed, if you care to appeal have your attorney do the paper work, and we will move it into a higher court, where I will prove BB did not copy the design of Dixie Chopper, if they had, it would be a case of "Patent Infringement."

No offense man, but do you work for BB or something? I hope you do, b/c if you don't its almost weird how you like praise/love/obsess over them, you know? Its just a mower lol

Will P.C.
07-12-2010, 12:45 AM
Yard Farmer,

1. Email the company this thread

2. Email them and threaten to contact the Better Business Bureau. This really gets business off their ass, and makes them do the right thing. When people are making big purchases, they ofter check the BBB to see if they have any marks against them

3. Their are other Government agencies to contact that protect the consumer

Only you know truth about this machine. If you have a decent case, then you should be alright. Make sure you comb through the paperwork again and more importantly make sure you understand it

RDA
07-12-2010, 12:48 AM
Yard Farmer,

1. Email the company this thread

2. Email them and threaten to contact the Better Business Bureau. This really gets business off their ass, and makes them do the right thing. When people are making big purchases, they ofter check the BBB to see if they have any marks against them

3. Their are other Government agencies to contact that protect the consumer

Only you know truth about this machine. If you have a decent case, then you should be alright. Make sure you comb through the paperwork again and more importantly make sure you understand it

I have been staying out of this, particularly since it hit rock bottom, but have you read all the posts in this thread? Welcome to the party, it ended a couple of hours ago.

Regards,

Rich

MS_SURVEYOR
07-12-2010, 01:29 AM
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff12/2strokeman/IMG00039.jpg

The old mower YardFarmers has now before he had problems.

http://www.everythingattachments.com/v/vspfiles/photos/BBM-Mower-28-60-COMPACT-DIESEL-2.jpg

The model NOW!

Now, just what year is that mower YardFarmers?

That must be first year production. 6 years old? 5 years old. Notice there is no Suspension. That's an old mower way out of production many years.

What the year was that mower was built YardFarmers?

Look at the Suspension on the Lighting in the rear. Look at the shape of the Lighting. The Lighting is new by several years. YardFarmers bought the Lighting before he got the older mower.

Just things I've been seeing.

kb9nvh
07-12-2010, 01:56 AM
Here are a few Dixie choppers I found on the web

KNIGHT81
07-12-2010, 01:57 AM
Yard Farmer,

Only you know truth about this machine.

Will, BINGO

YardFarmersLLC
07-12-2010, 05:56 AM
The diesel was produced in October 2006 according to the serial tag and according to the bad boy reps. The lightning is a 2007

http://www.everythingattachments.com/v/vspfiles/photos/BBM-Mower-28-60-COMPACT-DIESEL-2.jpg

The model NOW!

That must be first year production. 6 years old? 5 years old. Notice there is no Suspension. That's an old mower way out of production many years.

Look at the Suspension on the Lighting in the rear. Look at the shape of the Lighting. The Lighting is new by several years. YardFarmers bought the Lighting before he got the older mower.

Posted via Mobile Device

YardFarmersLLC
07-12-2010, 06:36 AM
The diesel was produced in October 2006 according to the serial tag and according to the bad boy reps. The lightning is a 2007

The model NOW!

Posted via Mobile Device

nepatsfan
07-12-2010, 07:48 AM

The model NOW!

I think what you dont understand ms surveyor is that if he bought it in 08 even if it is an 06 it is brand new. If he bought the mower yesterday and it was an 06 but he bought from the company it is still brand new with a warranty. Its like buying a leftover car or truck. If they still had an 08 or 09 on the lot right now that no one has ever bought....the truck is still new with a warranty.

KFLAWN
07-12-2010, 08:35 AM

oh thats right. you are the fellow that works for BB. sorry... and scag is wayyyy diffferent then bb or dixie. look at the front arms. dixie and bb have a solid axle up front. and the swinging door gas tanks. Last I checked these were the only manufactures that did this.

BB is not a clone of a dixie. Just dixie was in the back of their heads when they made it. I dont care wether or not you know more about BB then me. I will never own one or care to own one. Nor know anybody who would want to buy one or has one. I have ran dixie since the 90s when they were still wheel horses. which would also be the reason you see none of them around here in mi, and you sell them at tractor supply.

KFLAWN
07-12-2010, 08:38 AM
No offense man, but do you work for BB or something? I hope you do, b/c if you don't its almost weird how you like praise/love/obsess over them, you know? Its just a mower lol

in an earlier post he did say he worked for them.

kb9nvh
07-12-2010, 08:50 AM
He doesn't work for them last I heard but I think he does have some semi professional affiliations, and possibly also with Hustler.

QUOTE=KFLAWN;3638149]in an earlier post he did say he worked for them.[/QUOTE]

KFLAWN
07-12-2010, 08:51 AM
meant 80s...

kb9nvh
07-12-2010, 09:00 AM
This statement I can go along with. Both designs are more "simple" in that they are built ON the frame instead of into the framework (SCAG). Higher seating is the result. The dixie's I've seen have a single gear that drives both pumps (seems more expensive unnecessarily). The BB tanks do hinge out (I didn't' know Dixie did this). The frames on the dixies appear to me to be very minimal bordering on weak (however, long commercial use proves otherwise).
The decks look weaker than the Badboys deck for sure. Cut quality I would give a push.

BB is not a clone of a dixie. Just dixie was in the back of their heads when they made it.

KFLAWN
07-12-2010, 09:28 AM
This statement I can go along with. Both designs are more "simple" in that they are built ON the frame instead of into the framework (SCAG). Higher seating is the result. The dixie's I've seen have a single gear that drives both pumps (seems more expensive unnecessarily). The BB tanks do hinge out (I didn't' know Dixie did this). The frames on the dixies appear to me to be very minimal bordering on weak (however, long commercial use proves otherwise).
The decks look weaker than the Badboys deck for sure. Cut quality I would give a push.

the single gear you refer to is a t-box. I have never seen one go out, just start leaking at the seals. Dont get me wrong. your ztr sounds bad ass. Im not knocking it.

I also have never seen a deck crack or break on a dixie. Weld quality a little shitty at times. But with that said. our newest mower is a '10 lazer.

RDA
07-12-2010, 10:30 AM
I think what you dont understand ms surveyor is that if he bought it in 08 even if it is an 06 it is brand new. If he bought the mower yesterday and it was an 06 but he bought from the company it is still brand new with a warranty. Its like buying a leftover car or truck. If they still had an 08 or 09 on the lot right now that no one has ever bought....the truck is still new with a warranty.

Apparently you also don't understand, this mower wasn't a new left over model, it was a demo (i.e., used and apparently abused) with 125 hours on it, and if the OP is to be believed, heavily abused, bent deck, abused diesel engine and a whole host of manufacturing issues (and none of these issues were obvious at the time of purchase).

Regards,

Rich

rtharris
07-12-2010, 10:41 AM
Yardfarmer u came to lawnsite and trashed badboy before u met with them and then expected them to act as professionals toward you ur lucky they let u on their property
maybe u should jearn some professionalism yourselfPosted via Mobile Device

YardFarmersLLC
07-12-2010, 10:57 AM
Rrharris, if I recall correctly I came on here and said I had one great mower from them and one with problems. I further stated they had dealt with me fair in the past, and wanted to see what others opinions were and if anyone else had experienced these issues
Posted via Mobile Device

YardFarmersLLC
07-12-2010, 11:15 AM
Actually I did not even name the brand until someone guessed it. Way to go detective:)
Posted via Mobile Device

rtharris
07-12-2010, 02:06 PM
Yardfarmer as stated by u this is ur first thread and by page 2 u had already posted a pic of the mower in the pic section so u did id the mower before someone guessed it and even though someone guessed it right u still should have waited til after ur meeting before trashing BB
[this whole thing might have had a better result had u waitedze=1]Posted via Mobile Device[/size]

KNIGHT81
07-12-2010, 05:00 PM
Yardfarmer as stated by u this is ur first thread and by page 2 u had already posted a pic of the mower in the pic section so u did id the mower before someone guessed it and even though someone guessed it right u still should have waited til after ur meeting before trashing BB
[this whole thing might have had a better result had u waitedze=1]Posted via Mobile Device[/size]

6/23 at 4pm was YardFarmers first post.

6/25 at 4am was when he ID'd BB after over a dozen posts and others asking him to ID the manufacturer.

3 calendar days he waited. IMHO, I see this as waiting long enough. I would not have waited that long. Credit YardFarmer for having more patience than me anyway.

rtharris
07-12-2010, 05:30 PM
Knight page one quote yardfarmer I PROMISED TO NOT TALK BAD ABOUT THEM UNTIL THEY HAD A CHANCE TO
MAKE EVERYTHING RIGHT AND YARDFARMER BROKE HIS WORD TO BAD BOY Posted via Mobile Device

RDA
07-12-2010, 05:42 PM
6/23 at 4pm was YardFarmers first post.

6/25 at 4am was when he ID'd BB after over a dozen posts and others asking him to ID the manufacturer.

3 calendar days he waited. IMHO, I see this as waiting long enough. I would not have waited that long. Credit YardFarmer for having more patience than me anyway.

06-23-2010, 05:13 PM - First Post
06-25-2010, 05:47 AM - Post Where Bad Boy Was Confirmed by YardFarmer

My calendar may be different than your calendar but that looks a lot closer to 1 1/2 days (and only one business day), not 3 calendar days that you state. Even if it had been three days, that isn't long enough to resolve a problem of this magnitude IMO.

But most importantly, the handling of this entire mess was poor at best.

Regards,

Rich

rtharris
07-12-2010, 05:55 PM
Thanks rich and i agree with u this should never have gone public before meeting with bad boy
Posted via Mobile Device

KNIGHT81
07-12-2010, 06:40 PM
Knight page one quote yardfarmer I PROMISED TO NOT TALK BAD ABOUT THEM UNTIL THEY HAD A CHANCE TO
MAKE EVERYTHING RIGHT AND YARDFARMER BROKE HIS WORD TO BAD BOY Posted via Mobile Device

why are you yelling at me sir. Make you feel like a tough guy - tough guy? I respect your take sir. We will have to agree to disagree sir.
Can you add - sir?

= 3 calendar days sir.

Please do quote me stating he did or did not promise anything or that I cared about anything in your yelling rant - sir.

I don't feel the need to yell about it like a two year old who was treated respectfully and threw a temper-tantrum anyway - sir.

....relax, calm down stud.

cheers

KNIGHT81
07-12-2010, 07:04 PM
06-23-2010, 05:13 PM - First Post
06-25-2010, 05:47 AM - Post Where Bad Boy Was Confirmed by YardFarmer

My calendar may be different than your calendar but that looks a lot closer to 1 1/2 days (and only one business day), not 3 calendar days that you state. Even if it had been three days, that isn't long enough to resolve a problem of this magnitude IMO.

But most importantly, the handling of this entire mess was poor at best.

Regards,

Rich

I'm not sure how my calendar is wrong. I guess I need to exchange it for a shiny new model. I'm not disagreeing with you but;

Wednesday June 23rd = 1 calendar day
Thursday June 24th = 1 calendar day
Friday June 25th = 1 calendar day

Does no 1+1+1=3? Did I say 72 hours or 3 calendar days.

Look I'm just having fun. Your right. It was what.....roughly 30-36 hours or so. I still think its a free country, this aint China - yet. The man was frustrated. Who knows how long he waited and what went on before he tried here. And once here folks were asking him to out BB. And once he did he was punished by God (aka chairman Mao) for it.

nepatsfan
07-12-2010, 07:38 PM
Apparently you also don't understand, this mower wasn't a new left over model, it was a demo (i.e., used and apparently abused) with 125 hours on it, and if the OP is to be believed, heavily abused, bent deck, abused diesel engine and a whole host of manufacturing issues (and none of these issues were obvious at the time of purchase).

Regards,

Rich

The bottom line is that it was company owned and they gave him a full factory warranty. She keeps bringing up the year. Whether its a demo or a leftover....if they sell it new or demo, no person has ever owned it before...the year doesnt really matter if they are giving a full factory warranty. Which means he gets the warranty from when he buys it. Either way if they offer the warranty it should be warrantied.

MS_SURVEYOR
07-12-2010, 07:48 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

You're saying the lightning is a 2007? That mower looks ragged out all ready.
At the time of the picture the diesel looks to be in pretty good shape. You boys are kind of hard on mowers ain't Ya!

I'm looking at the wore out tires on the Lighting. And all the paint missing. Ya'll seem to be tough on the front ends of mowers. The front end of that Lighting been taking a beating.

Ya'll must have just gotten the the diesel about the time of that pictures. Before Ya'll started dogging the hell out of it!!

:drinkup:

GravelyGuy
07-12-2010, 07:57 PM

At the time of the picture the diesel looks to be in pretty good shape. You boys are kind of hard on mowers ain't Ya!

I'm looking at the wore out tires on the Lighting. And all the paint missing. Ya'll seem to be tough on the front ends of mowers. The front end of that Lighting been taking a beating.

Ya'll must have just gotten the the diesel about the time of that pictures. Before Ya'll started dogging the hell out of it!!

I'm pretty sure most people scratch the paint off of the trim side of the mower. Any commercial grade mower, abused or not should at least make it to 500 hrs without falling apart.

nepatsfan
07-12-2010, 08:01 PM

I guess you can tell the difference between a homeowner mowing and commercial because to me...those look like mowers in pretty good shape. I would love to show you a few of mine. The paint on the side of the deck starts coming off almost immediately

MS_SURVEYOR
07-12-2010, 08:31 PM
I guess you can tell the difference between a homeowner mowing and commercial because to me...those look like mowers in pretty good shape. I would love to show you a few of mine. The paint on the side of the deck starts coming off almost immediately

Yea! I'd like to see some pictures! That's right!

Razorblades
07-13-2010, 12:27 AM
It could just be a lemon, or it could be employees abusing it. A majority of the time when I see an employee on a ZTR doing public areas where maybe cut isn't that important, they are yanking it around terribly. I'm sure they'd be driving it more carefully with the boss around. Pushing the handlebars forward as fast as you can is tough on the belts, the hydros, the engine, and the turf. But I see someone driving that way almost every day. Hopping off curbs at full speed to get back to the trailer, clipping metal street sign poles, etc.

The breaking of heavy metal parts could be from a bad welding day at the factory or abuse. I'd have to see exactly what broke and where for more clues. If it were just the engine that's one thing. But so many areas.

I'd take the new gas model for $1,000 and move on. No question. One thing dealers are probably not going to do is let someone have a "lemon" that to them could possibly be not their company's fault, negotiate a replacement unit, and get a new free mower w/ hundreds fewer hours on it for nothing. They want the customer to put some skin in the game, otherwise everyone would go smash a used mower up and demand a free one. This goes for lemon cars as well.

I think that the above quote from brucec32 hits it pretty close. I think that the chance to get a new Outlaw with full warranty and dealer parts at cost for a year for his mower and $1000 would be hard to turn down, even if he was going to resell it when he got it.

MS_SURVEYOR
07-13-2010, 12:31 AM
Do you semi pros think I have any talent?

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu216/MS-SURVEYOR/DSCF4435.jpg

Razorblades
07-13-2010, 12:57 AM
oh thats right. you are the fellow that works for BB. sorry... and scag is wayyyy diffferent then bb or dixie. look at the front arms. dixie and bb have a solid axle up front. and the swinging door gas tanks. Last I checked these were the only manufactures that did this.

BB is not a clone of a dixie. Just dixie was in the back of their heads when they made it. I dont care wether or not you know more about BB then me. I will never own one or care to own one. Nor know anybody who would want to buy one or has one. I have ran dixie since the 90s when they were still wheel horses. which would also be the reason you see none of them around here in mi, and you sell them at tractor supply.

I don't think that Puppypaws has to work for BB or anyone else if he is "God" or Chairman Mao" as Knight81 has informed us in his comparison.

As for Dixie and BB similarities, The footrest on the floorboard is about all that even comes close to looking similar to each other. Maybe the high seat height and the gas tank shapes were similar on the older BB models and the DC mowers...but that's it.

I've looked at the DC Excalibur, Extreme and Classic models, especially the decks and frames and I've looked at the BB AOS, LIghtning, Outlaw and Pup models and there aren't any similarities in those areas.

I'm not going to say that the Bad Boy models will last any longer or are better built but it does look to me like the BB mowers are generally built heavier in the front forks, frame, front end, mower deck, as well as the rear clip (or whatever it's called) area.

You also said that the BB and DC had solid front axles and swing away tanks, which is different from Scag? Were you referring to the front axle or the swing away tanks...because Scag, exmark, Hustler, Bobcat, Toro and serveral others have solid front axles also.

You also said that "you've run the DC's since the 80's or 90's...when they were still Wheelhorses." Is there a connection between the old Wheelhorse company and Dixie Chopper? I'm just asking because I thought that Toro bought Wheelhorse quite a few years back.

Razorblades
07-13-2010, 01:00 AM
Do you semi pros think I have any talent?

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu216/MS-SURVEYOR/DSCF4435.jpg

No, I see a stringer close to your left front tire.:laugh: Looks good for Bahia.

How high did you cut it...about 3.5 to 4 inches?

MS_SURVEYOR
07-13-2010, 01:17 AM
No, I see a stringer close to your left front tire.:laugh: Looks good for Bahia.

How high did you cut it...about 3.5 to 4 inches?

Ohhh! :dizzy: I didn't mow that section yet. :rolleyes: About 4 to 4.5 inches. That Bahia is tough this year. It's been very dry around here.

I wasn't speaking of you as a semi pro. I think of you as a 1st class operator.

Thanks!

I've must apologize to most of the professional operators for the way I've been. There's just something about this whole ordeal that just upsets me to place where I shouldn't have gone.

ms

Razorblades
07-13-2010, 01:39 AM
Sorry...my mistake! I was just kidding around anyway, although I was thinking that the area to the left of your mower looked kind of uneven:dizzy:

It may be time for me to get some new glasses as i'm getting a little older.

I've found that the drier the Bahia gets, the better you can get it to stripe.

It has been real dry here in south central Arkansas also. The rain has been going to the north and south of us for the most part. The temp is supposed to get back up to around 100 degrees by Thursday or Friday.:cry:

KFLAWN
07-13-2010, 08:39 AM
I don't think that Puppypaws has to work for BB or anyone else if he is "God" or Chairman Mao" as Knight81 has informed us in his comparison.

As for Dixie and BB similarities, The footrest on the floorboard is about all that even comes close to looking similar to each other. Maybe the high seat height and the gas tank shapes were similar on the older BB models and the DC mowers...but that's it.

I've looked at the DC Excalibur, Extreme and Classic models, especially the decks and frames and I've looked at the BB AOS, LIghtning, Outlaw and Pup models and there aren't any similarities in those areas.

I'm not going to say that the Bad Boy models will last any longer or are better built but it does look to me like the BB mowers are generally built heavier in the front forks, frame, front end, mower deck, as well as the rear clip (or whatever it's called) area.

You also said that the BB and DC had solid front axles and swing away tanks, which is different from Scag? Were you referring to the front axle or the swing away tanks...because Scag, exmark, Hustler, Bobcat, Toro and serveral others have solid front axles also.

You also said that "you've run the DC's since the 80's or 90's...when they were still Wheelhorses." Is there a connection between the old Wheelhorse company and Dixie Chopper? I'm just asking because I thought that Toro bought Wheelhorse quite a few years back.

scag, exmark, hustler, and toro have arms, dixie and bb have a solid axle. I dont know how else to explain it? look at the two next to eachother. The frame work is near identical. albeit I am talking about older dixie chopper models ie classic. flatlander. Not the newer dixies... there sound better??
also. BB is generally built heavier in the front end as compared to what?

I dont remember the details of the toro dixie deal. Sorry if I sound a little out of it . Just woke up. I cant decide if you are trying to be a dick or just ignorant
also. What are the advantages to this heavy front end you so speak of? every mower ive had we were able to have two men lift the front onto the jack stand.

Razorblades
07-13-2010, 10:10 AM
scag, exmark, hustler, and toro have arms, dixie and bb have a solid axle. I dont know how else to explain it? look at the two next to eachother. The frame work is near identical. albeit I am talking about older dixie chopper models ie classic. flatlander. Not the newer dixies... there sound better??
also. BB is generally built heavier in the front end as compared to what?

I dont remember the details of the toro dixie deal. Sorry if I sound a little out of it . Just woke up. I cant decide if you are trying to be a dick or just ignorant
also. What are the advantages to this heavy front end you so speak of? every mower ive had we were able to have two men lift the front onto the jack stand.

Regardless of whether the front axle is straight or kind of u shaped (with arms), they are still a solid front axle, that's what I was saying.

I was comparing the AOS, LIghtning and Outlaw models to the Excaliber, Extreme and Classic. I've also seen those models side by side and I stand by my previous statement.

What makes you think that i'm trying to be a dick or ignorant? Is it because I was asking for clarification on a couple of your points in the earlier post? I did not get personal with you in my previous post so why are you calling me names when you know nothing about me. Is this how low it has gotten on this forum now. Why don't you leave the name calling to the immature members of this forum?

As for the advantages of a heavier built front end, I don't know if the BB front ends are actually heavier built than the Dixie Choppers, Exmarks, Hustlers or any other brand, but the tube size is larger than some brands. We would have to cut the frame rails of these different brands to see how thick the tubes were to get an accurate measurement on wall thickness, while assuming that most all the brands used the same grade of steel, before we could determine which front end was actually the strongest. I figure that about all of the commercial mower brands have front ends,frames, etc... that are strong enough for their intended use. So as long as (name your brand)'s front end or frame is strong enough to last for the accepted lifespan in hours, then I would say that it would be built heavy enough.

I guess the front end remark wasn't really directed back at you personally, it was more to the ones that say that the BB mowers are junk. If a person searches the Threads and Posts long enough they can find negative experiences and opinions about every brand used by commercial cutters.

Please do not call me any more names or attempt to guess my intelligence level, which you cannot know by reading a few posts of mine.

KFLAWN
07-13-2010, 10:37 AM
Regardless of whether the front axle is straight or kind of u shaped (with arms), they are still a solid front axle, that's what I was saying.

I was comparing the AOS, LIghtning and Outlaw models to the Excaliber, Extreme and Classic. I've also seen those models side by side and I stand by my previous statement.

What makes you think that i'm trying to be a dick or ignorant? Is it because I was asking for clarification on a couple of your points in the earlier post? I did not get personal with you in my previous post so why are you calling me names when you know nothing about me. Is this how low it has gotten on this forum now. Why don't you leave the name calling to the immature members of this forum?

As for the advantages of a heavier built front end, I don't know if the BB front ends are actually heavier built than the Dixie Choppers, Exmarks, Hustlers or any other brand, but the tube size is larger than some brands. We would have to cut the frame rails of these different brands to see how thick the tubes were to get an accurate measurement on wall thickness, while assuming that most all the brands used the same grade of steel, before we could determine which front end was actually the strongest. I figure that about all of the commercial mower brands have front ends,frames, etc... that are strong enough for their intended use. So as long as (name your brand)'s front end or frame is strong enough to last for the accepted lifespan in hours, then I would say that it would be built heavy enough.

I guess the front end remark wasn't really directed back at you personally, it was more to the ones that say that the BB mowers are junk. If a person searches the Threads and Posts long enough they can find negative experiences and opinions about every brand used by commercial cutters.

Please do not call me any more names or attempt to guess my intelligence level, which you cannot know by reading a few posts of mine.

my apologies. I wasnt trying to call you names. It was early and like i said I couldnt tell if you were trying to be a arse or not. Yes I know they are all solid. just dixie and bb castors are built into the frames. I wasnt refering to the build of the machine, just how well it could handle hills, and a mower with-out arms can not handle a hill as well as one with arms ie scag,exmark, bob-cat.

edit: also I do nto know any of the models of the bb. All I know is I seen them at the mgia and the sim. are there it looked like a flatlander. not a excalibur or any new dixie. Maybe I havent seen a bad boy in a while? last one i seen was at the mgia, since nobody in my area seems to use them.

rtharris
07-13-2010, 10:56 AM
why are you yelling at me sir. Make you feel like a tough guy - tough guy? I respect your take sir. We will have to agree to disagree sir.
Can you add - sir?

= 3 calendar days sir.

Please do quote me stating he did or did not promise anything or that I cared about anything in your yelling rant - sir.

I don't feel the need to yell about it like a two year old who was treated respectfully and threw a temper-tantrum anyway - sir.

cheers
Posted via Mobile Device

rtharris
07-13-2010, 11:04 AM
Can you add - sir?

= 3 calendar days sir.

cheers

I wasnt yelling knight just capitalized yardfarmers quote sorry
Posted via Mobile Device

Razorblades
07-13-2010, 11:59 AM
my apologies. I wasnt trying to call you names. It was early and like i said I couldnt tell if you were trying to be a arse or not. Yes I know they are all solid. just dixie and bb castors are built into the frames. I wasnt refering to the build of the machine, just how well it could handle hills, and a mower with-out arms can not handle a hill as well as one with arms ie scag,exmark, bob-cat.

edit: also I do nto know any of the models of the bb. All I know is I seen them at the mgia and the sim. are there it looked like a flatlander. not a excalibur or any new dixie. Maybe I havent seen a bad boy in a while? last one i seen was at the mgia, since nobody in my area seems to use them.

No problem.:) Do you still use Dixie Choppers or what brand do you use?

Do you think that the longer wheelbase of the Scag turf Tiger, Hustler Super Z or other large frame mowers has anything to do with the hill holding ability of them? I know that the lower center of gravity and lwr seat height makes a big difference but don't know if the longer wheelbase helps out in this aspect or not?

KNIGHT81
07-13-2010, 01:51 PM
I wasnt yelling knight just capitalized yardfarmers quote sorry
Posted via Mobile Device

KFLAWN
07-13-2010, 04:17 PM
No problem.:) Do you still use Dixie Choppers or what brand do you use?

Do you think that the longer wheelbase of the Scag turf Tiger, Hustler Super Z or other large frame mowers has anything to do with the hill holding ability of them? I know that the lower center of gravity and lwr seat height makes a big difference but don't know if the longer wheelbase helps out in this aspect or not?

we just picked up a lazer asx. 60inch with the new design. low center of gravity. holds hills great. For the flatter lawns we still use the dixie chopper. The cub cadet tank holds hills great, but doesnt disperse the grass too good.

nepatsfan
07-13-2010, 07:15 PM
Yea! I'd like to see some pictures! That's right!

Here is a picture of a mower that has seen better days and been somewhat abused. We abused this thing for quite a few years.

KFLAWN
07-13-2010, 09:07 PM
Here is a picture of a mower that has seen better days and been somewhat abused. We abused this thing for quite a few years.

aint nothing wrong with that! we got a great dane stander. thing just eats the grass

nepatsfan
07-13-2010, 10:23 PM
aint nothing wrong with that! we got a great dane stander. thing just eats the grass

that thing still cuts like a bear but its a backup. My point to ms surveyor was that those bad boys arent in bad shape at all.

GravelyGuy
07-13-2010, 10:26 PM

How did you scratch the top of the deck so much? lol

nepatsfan
07-13-2010, 10:32 PM

No clue...I probably ran that machine 10 times. It is kinda weird. That thing went off a wall once. Probably hit everything but the lottery.:hammerhead:

puppypaws
07-13-2010, 10:51 PM

Some people can tear up an anvil with a rubber hammer.....LOL.....From the looks of that mower, it's got to have at least 5000 hrs. on it!!!

nepatsfan
07-13-2010, 11:16 PM
Some people can tear up an anvil with a rubber hammer.....LOL.....From the looks of that mower, it's got to have at least 5000 hrs. on it!!!

LOL....you would die if I told you. I think it has like 1400 hours.....seriously. we used it for a few years a lot and didnt use it much after that. Its a 61 and no one really liked it. It was kinda big. I wonder if the front damage came from moving it on the trailer. That thing is embarassing.

puppypaws
07-13-2010, 11:36 PM
LOL....you would die if I told you. I think it has like 1400 hours.....seriously. we used it for a few years a lot and didnt use it much after that. Its a 61 and no one really liked it. It was kinda big. I wonder if the front damage came from moving it on the trailer. That thing is embarassing.

I know a fellow that has one arm, the other was cut off just below his shoulder. He has been in the lawn maintenance business for as long as I can remember (mostly commercial properties), he's had that exact mower for many years, I see him on commercial properties beside the main 4 lane road through the business section quite often. He operates that mower with one hand better than most with two, he does everything a person does with two hands easily with his one. The arm he uses looks like a body builder's arm, it is tremendous, and I can only imagine how strong it is, he could probably snap a persons head off. I see all these people that want work with two good arms and then see what this person has accomplished with one. He is truly an amazing human being!

nepatsfan
07-13-2010, 11:40 PM
I know a fellow that has one arm, the other was cut off just below his shoulder. He has been in the lawn maintenance business for as long as I can remember (mostly commercial properties), he's had that exact mower for many years, I see him on commercial properties beside the main 4 lane road through the business section quite often. He operates that mower with one hand better than most with two, he does everything a person does with two hands easily with his one. The arm he uses looks like a body builder's arm, it is tremendous, and I can only imagine how strong it is, he could probably snap a persons head off. I see all these people that want work with two good arms and then see what this person has accomplished with one. He is truly an amazing human being!

That is definitely an advantage of the sticks on that machine. You probably could run it pretty well with one hand. Which would come in handy for me right now I have a broken elbow.

topsites
07-14-2010, 02:50 AM

Yes but that's a lot more of a close up than that BB, now I'll give that they don't
look bad but the distance from the camera didn't make it easy.

A bit far to the left?

I couldn't tell from that distance, but yeah the diesel looks all right.
My 60" is an '06 and it looks worse than those, but mine only has 250 hours on it...
My whole issue was that 450 hours is no joke.

Andyshine77
07-14-2010, 03:13 AM
Most mower company's in the U.S. are dropping the ball when it comes to quality and customer support, same thing happened with the auto company's back in the 70's. I've had nothing but trouble with my Wright standre RH from day one. Bad deck, hydro line are rubbing against the engine and will start leaking at any time, sloppy wiring got caught in the lift mechanism and shut the mower down as I was using it, and the decks are made from cheep soft steel that bends easily. Customer support is a joke and I'm now stuck with a POS mower that I can't even sell.http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=319771 Sad thing is a few Jap company's will step in and take up the slack in no time.

puppypaws
07-14-2010, 05:59 AM
Most mower company's in the U.S. are dropping the ball when it comes to quality and customer support, same thing happened with the auto company's back in the 70's. I've had nothing but trouble with my Wright standre RH from day one. Bad deck, hydro line are rubbing against the engine and will start leaking at any time, sloppy wiring got caught in the lift mechanism and shut the mower down as I was using it, and the decks are made from cheep soft steel that bends easily. Customer support is a joke and I'm now stuck with a POS mower that I can't even sell.http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=319771 Sad thing is a few Jap company's will step in and take up the slack in no time.

You made a good point here, the auto industry started trying to do damage control in the 90's, but they got started a little too late. They were not able to catch up, and had it not been for the government, they would all have gone to the unemployment line. This was good for the consumer, it helped teach the American auto manufacturers, they were not invincible. They are now working very hard trying to gain customer respect with their products, something that should not have been lost. The foreign auto market is truly the ones that put the American auto industry back on the right track.

YardFarmersLLC
07-16-2010, 01:20 PM
Wow, I am away for almost a week, and this stupid thing keeps going.

topsites
07-16-2010, 01:39 PM
Wow, I am away for almost a week, and this stupid thing keeps going.

It's all good, there's definitely something concerning customer dissatisfaction coupled with bad customer service.

I have a Tom Tom Gps, long story short it broke and I tried everything to get it to working again and
calls to support this and that and they said the main drive was fried and no good, just like that, boom.

A year or two after it sat broken, I've since bought another, not a TT...
But I took the TT apart the other day, found and tried something simple and lo and behold it works again.

Why didn't support have that solution?

I tell you why, because it wasn't in the flow-charted tree on the computer
and when that fails to tell the employee what to do, it spells the end.
Yes, even if the solution is stupid simple, if it ain't spelled out for them, nothing doing.

It is sad how things go with big bad corporations anymore but it's nothing new,
stop and think about it, employees at such places are not truly allowed to think
on their own, if they do they risk losing their job.

In other ways it makes perfect sense, if employees of ours took things into their own
hands we as owners might feel likewise.

Perhaps that happened here some with BB thou I do see they did offer a viable solution,
may not have been perfect but I didn't get as much out of TomTom.
However Tom Tom did replace my map, which after I re-formatted the drive I no longer had,
you see I can complain endlessly about the problem and in ways I'm still a bit miffed but they
did not have to replace my map, they could have easily made me buy a new one so in the end
they did come through and that's all that matters.

GTAlumnus
07-17-2010, 12:54 AM
I have made it through about half of this thread and I think there is probably a lot of truth on both sides and I can see both sides. However if the diesel is as bad as the customer says it is, then I suggest he take the deal, because its not going to get any better. Cut your losses and go on, and never buy a BB again.

Our new 1986 Ford Taurus took off on its own and Ford swept the problem (others had the same problem) under the rug. You can't fight a big company, so I traded it for a different make and never looked back. After 24 years I still have never bought a new Ford. And I affected other potential Ford customers too. So I feel I got my pound of flesh, and that is the best way to get it.

Make your best deal and get on with your life.

KFLAWN
07-19-2010, 05:15 PM

throw some yellow paint on and it will look brand new! your custos will think so too lol

nepatsfan
07-19-2010, 11:59 PM
we dont even use it anymore. Its just a back up. I did buy a can of great dane yellow for it though. One of these days I'll spray it and sell it.