PDA

View Full Version : ethical question

lawnmowerman29
07-20-2002, 11:39 PM
Just found out recently that a couple of scrub lco's have been applying chemical to yards without an applicators liscense. What would you do? Both of them low balled me on a couple of bids. Now they are doing things illegally.

RMDoyon
07-21-2002, 01:18 AM
Call the state pesticide board.

Never mind their previous business dealings with you.
That just got your attention.

They are breaking the law and, most important, possibly harming the environment, and the Green Industry in general.

Roger

Russ
07-21-2002, 09:56 AM
That is a tuff question. Did you ever make an application before you were licensed?

MOW ED
07-21-2002, 10:32 AM
Is it ethical for them to apply without paying for insurance, training, licenses, taxes?

I pay my freight and take the training. I have to abide by all state laws. Should they be able to do what they want and undercut me? I have to charge more because I have to pay more to apply.

I will report any and all that are not licensed and certified.

If I were you it would have been done yesterday.

bobbygedd
07-21-2002, 12:27 PM
i used to have a different opinion on this matter, but since i got my license, pay the fees, ins, keep the records and so on, i dont care to compete with these "here today, gone tommorow" bums. report them before they hurt somebody.

MATTHEW
07-22-2002, 12:33 AM
There is a fine of several thousand dollars awaiting those boys.

It's your call as to the ethics of it. If they do not have a licence they may be mis-applying products causing environmental damage as well.

I think you know what you need to do.

Hawkeye5
07-22-2002, 06:00 PM
Just how big is your town?? You can be correct, but still suffer consequenses (I was born and reared in small town Iowa). You could win the battle but loose the war if your town is small. JD