PDA

View Full Version : What is the labor rate at your dealers?

STL Cuts
06-24-2010, 12:04 AM
Just curious what the labor rates are across the country.

I went into a dealer around here today and there was a sign on the door saying that the labor rate had increased to $85 an hour!!! I thought this was a little steep (luckily I just needed a part). If I recall right last year the norm in STL was about $60-$65 an hour, that's why the $85 was quite a surprise. They are a great dealership, and I'm in no way bashing them, just curious.

mowerknower
06-24-2010, 12:55 AM
Our shop is 95/hour. The hourly rate is not as important as how fast/good/efficiant the techs are. 95 bucks for one hour is better than 75 for 1.5 hours

puppypaws
06-24-2010, 01:06 AM
Our shop is 95/hour. The hourly rate is not as important as how fast/good/efficiant the techs are. 95 bucks for one hour is better than 75 for 1.5 hours

I hope your shop is air conditioned, nobody will work fast in this heat.

Hawg City Lawns
06-24-2010, 01:19 AM
$53 per hour

Alan0354
06-24-2010, 01:31 AM
$85!!!

That's why I would never bring hand held to the shop. Easily over $100 out the door. I'll fix everything on my own. They are not that hard to fix!!! A set of good metric ranch and some cheap tools can fix a lot of the stuff already.

That is the reason I don't go out of my way to buy from dealers. Unless you have a good dealer, they can cheat you by denying warrante, always find a reason why it is not cover.

topsites
06-24-2010, 01:55 AM
Gosh I thought mine was outrageous at 60.

$85!!!

That's why I would never bring hand held to the shop. Easily over $100 out the door. I'll fix everything on my own. They are not that hard to fix!!! A set of good metric ranch and some cheap tools can fix a lot of the stuff already.

Unless you have a good dealer, they can cheat you by denying warrante, always find a reason why it is not cover.

Same, I'd rather spend two hours fixing it myself than pay one hour of labor,
especially since I don't have to leave the house for that.

Weekendwrench
06-24-2010, 07:44 AM
Me and my buddy were just talking about this. I just had to fix a suck valve on my 19 kaw motor last night and we were talking about how much a dealer would have charged me to do the work. I still say tools are a better investment than repair bills. This is off topic, but has this ever happen to anyone else? Stuck open exhaust valve ?

punt66
06-24-2010, 07:47 AM
funny how you guys ***** about hourly rates when your charging the same to mow lawns and you dont have the overhead of a big shop. :rolleyes:

B Gillespie
06-24-2010, 07:52 AM
Local rates for JD is $100, Ford, Chevy, and Toyota are $100. Bobcat/Stihl dealer is $75.
Posted via Mobile Device

puppypaws
06-24-2010, 08:11 AM
funny how you guys ***** about hourly rates when your charging the same to mow lawns and you dont have the overhead of a big shop. :rolleyes:

It always looks different from the other side of the fence, my dealer is at $70.00 per hr. to answer the original thread question.

How is your surgery recuperation process coming along?

LCCaptain
06-24-2010, 08:23 AM
$66 per hour.

Grubrunner
06-24-2010, 08:54 AM
$75.00 / hour

How do you know what people on here are charging to mow?

puppypaws
06-24-2010, 09:56 AM
$75.00 / hour

How do you know what people on here are charging to mow?

Because he has 5,893 recorded post, these type things are discussed quite often in this forum. I see you have 72 posts which means you have very little exposure to this type information, once you have been involved for a longer period of time you will get a very good feel of what goes on in the industry throughout different parts of the country. You will hear people state what they need or get for their mowing services in different measurements, lawns based on size and location, daily income, hr. income and I have heard it described in money made per minute.

This is the reason he has a general consensus of average money generated per hour in the lawn maintenance business. Does this better enable you to understand how he can generalize with this type statement?

punt66
06-24-2010, 11:09 AM
It always looks different from the other side of the fence, my dealer is at $70.00 per hr. to answer the original thread question.

How is your surgery recuperation process coming along?

its been very difficult actually. I havent been able to eat well and because of it have extremely low energy. So the doc ordered a blood test and found my vitamin levels were extremely low. He gave me a shot and nausia meds and am now eating better and am better lasting through the day. So its looking up now. Thanks for asking.

bigstumpyd
06-24-2010, 03:51 PM
you must go to scotts also!!