PDA

View Full Version : Dealers Shops Air Conditioned

puppypaws
06-24-2010, 01:13 AM
How many, if any of your dealers have air conditioned shops. I believe if I were a dealer the shop where my mechanics worked would definitely have A/C. I see this making them more efficient and probably less likely to make as many mistakes. I also see the customer getting more work performed faster for his money.

topsites
06-24-2010, 01:58 AM
Most commercial shops are not well insulated, matter of fact I dare say most
commercial shops have absolutely no insulation.

To make up for that they install an extra powerful central air unit, electric bills
are easily a thousand dollars and more, but of course as most business owners
so easily wave off in the explanation this is all part of the cost of doing business.
Yes of course, why not, makes perfect sense.

This cost of doing business in turn gets passed on to...
You!

puppypaws
06-24-2010, 08:03 AM
Most commercial shops are not well insulated, matter of fact I dare say most
commercial shops have absolutely no insulation.

To make up for that they install an extra powerful central air unit, electric bills
are easily a thousand dollars and more, but of course as most business owners
so easily wave off in the explanation this is all part of the cost of doing business.
Yes of course, why not, makes perfect sense.

This cost of doing business in turn gets passed on to...
You!

I had never thought about it until it became so hot here yesterday they put out a warning that what is usually children and elderly should not be outside, was now no one should be outside in the afternoon for any period of time due to air pollution being at the highest level in 2 years.

My dealer's shop is not air conditioned and I could see this affecting their work dramatically, they would need to spend much more time drinking fluids in attempt to stay hydrated. The amount of work a technician performs will drop significantly along with the quality, they are not able to think as clearly due to lack of clean oxygen (in this area anyway).

We have another day as bad as yesterday here now, and they reported yesterday a high of 99° where I'm located with a heat index (due to humidity) at 105°, this is hard for anyone to breathe and survive.