PDA

View Full Version : 42" Sport Cutting Issues

Glock Instructor
06-24-2010, 06:26 PM
I have a 2010 Hustler Sport 42" with the Honda engine. I mow at the 3.25" deck setting and always dry grass, with a total cut length less than 2" I still get a lot of clumping and always cover myself with grass. I have to mow the yard twice to make it look nice. What am I doing wrong? I have tried side discharging and running the multch plate with multch blades. Same results. I run the engine at full throttle and mow at about half speed. Any suggestions? I have a neighbor with a Quest and one with an entry level Scag, both only mow once with great results. Tired of explaining why I mow twice.

mowerconsultant
06-28-2010, 02:48 PM
I have a 2010 Hustler Sport 42" with the Honda engine. I mow at the 3.25" deck setting and always dry grass, with a total cut length less than 2" I still get a lot of clumping and always cover myself with grass. I have to mow the yard twice to make it look nice. What am I doing wrong? I have tried side discharging and running the multch plate with multch blades. Same results. I run the engine at full throttle and mow at about half speed. Any suggestions? I have a neighbor with a Quest and one with an entry level Scag, both only mow once with great results. Tired of explaining why I mow twice.

We are working on a anti blow out kit for the Sport, email me and I will keep your name on a list when it becomes available.
There is a member here on LS that has tested it and it solves the problem.

Pj

Sport42
06-28-2010, 02:51 PM
I need this too

fatdog47
06-28-2010, 05:34 PM
Mr. PJ:
I also have a 2010 Sport 42-inch cut with the Honda engine. Please add my name to this list. THANXZZZ!!!

rockymtnhorsegal
06-30-2010, 06:53 PM
May I ask with an anti blow out kit does? Will it work on a 48" Sport?

If so, I'd like to be added to the list as well--thank you!