PDA

View Full Version : My Hustler Super Z has 75 hours.. How much is it worth?

JohnBanks
06-24-2010, 09:17 PM
HI,
Thinking about selling my Super Z with 75 hours 2010 model. How much depreciation did it have in the midwest????

MJB
06-25-2010, 12:37 AM
Not sure you might need to talk to a dealer about trading it. I just sold my 2006 Super Z 1100 hrs for $3500. Now I need a new mower fast.

scagman52
06-25-2010, 07:45 AM
May I ask why are you selling it? Not happy with the cut or other reason?

JohnBanks
06-25-2010, 09:23 AM
The cut is annoying. I have to double cut most yards. Doesn't stripe very well. I am going to try G6 blades and if that doesn't help I might throw it in a pond. This one as opposed to MJB seems to be built well and won't break as much, other than how many drive belts I will break with sticks.

Doesn't save a ton of time over my Deere 737 mowers.

cujrh10
06-25-2010, 09:56 AM
The cut is annoying. I have to double cut most yards. Doesn't stripe very well. I am going to try G6 blades and if that doesn't help I might throw it in a pond. This one as opposed to MJB seems to be built well and won't break as much, other than how many drive belts I will break with sticks.

That really stinks. I'm looking hard at these and this post scares me a bit.

I'm guessing its probably worth a couple hundred bucks at this point. give me a call and I'll pay double that :D j/k

MJB
06-25-2010, 10:07 AM

John The stripe roller does an excellent job of striping on the Hustler. I had to put both front air baffles in the highest position to improve the cut using mulching blades. But it still leaves a few stragglers at times side discharging.
But as far as striping it as good as any of them if you use the roller.

Exmark#1
06-25-2010, 11:20 AM
What kind of grass are you mowing when it is leaving stringers? Let me know if you come up with a price too.

Mowingman
06-25-2010, 11:25 AM
To answer your question: You can pretty well figure that a ZTR will lose 30% of it's value immediatly after it is sold, and used to mow grass a few times. This may seem like a lot, but unless you are very lucky in selling it, that is what you can expect.
Given today's economy, you will be lucky to get it sold at that pricing. If a prospective buyer has fairly good credit, they can buy a new one and finance it for a long time, at very low interest rates. They will not be able to do that when buying your used machine. This makes a new, although higher priced machine, a better deal than your nearly new, used one.

cujrh10
06-25-2010, 11:36 AM
To answer your question: You can pretty well figure that a ZTR will lose 30% of it's value immediatly after it is sold, and used to mow grass a few times. This may seem like a lot, but unless you are very lucky in selling it, that is what you can expect.
Given today's economy, you will be lucky to get it sold at that pricing. If a prospective buyer has fairly good credit, they can buy a new one and finance it for a long time, at very low interest rates. They will not be able to do that when buying your used machine. This makes a new, although higher priced machine, a better deal than your nearly new, used one.

I can vouch for this. He just described the situation I'm in and the approach I intend on taking. Good call Mowingman

djagusch
06-25-2010, 11:06 PM
It all depends on what you are willing to sell it for and if a buyer is out there. I sold a one year old Super Z 31Kawi 72" deck for 8K w/250hrs on it. I bought it for 10.2K OTD while some would say that is a hit at around $9/hr it made a good chunk of change last year using it. Put it up for sale this spring as I didn't think it would get as much use this year with the 72" deck and someone bought it. Got lucky I guess.

Also it depends on if you bought it at the right price or not.

lifetree
06-25-2010, 11:28 PM
... I just sold my 2006 Super Z 1100 hrs for $3500. Now I need a new mower fast.

2008 Exmark Lazer Z AS 60" U/C 28 Kawi
2000 Exmark Lazer Z 60" L/C Kawi 3900 + hrs strong
2006 Hustler Super Z, 66" XR7, Flex Forks, 30 HP Kohler, & Stripe Roller

Ok, so you sold your Super Z, why do you need another mower fast ... you already have what appears to be 2 Lazer Z backup machines ??

MJB
06-26-2010, 12:09 AM
Ok, so you sold your Super Z, why do you need another mower fast ... you already have what appears to be 2 Lazer Z backup machines ??

One of them has 4200 hrs on it and gets used everyday in place of my Hustler. I can't get by using just 1 mower per day it takes 2 to get thru each day. So now I have No backup mower.

JohnBanks
06-26-2010, 12:59 AM
Well I am not taking 30% off.....

1) Turf Fescue, it cuts this pretty nice, actually really nice.
2) Tall Fescue, wide blade, thick or thing, leaves **** all over the place( I used to mow at 4.5 inches, it will not mow at that height what so ever. I am down to 3.5 at the highest.
3) Tall Fescue with clover and other weeds, leaves stuff all over the place

Good things about it for the person that wants one.
1) Fast(this is also probably a bad thing, anyone that says they don't go 15 is full of it, it goes that fast, and can handle most ground at that speed, not all grass though)
2) Controls amazing.
3) Compact so you can use it in small yards
4) Light compared to some other mowers, 200 300 pounds less means less turf wounds.
5) Comfortable, lots of power

Dealer is thinking I may have got a dud, we will see. It is a nice mower just not as big a jump over the 737 as I thought it would be.

unkownfl
06-26-2010, 01:02 AM
I would agree at least 30% less than the pre tax amount paid. This is because almost all more warranty's don't transfer.