PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Tanaka Hedge Trimmers +

decypher
06-25-2010, 01:47 AM
Looking to buy a new commercial grade hedge trimmer and think I'm leaning towards a Tanaka THT-210S. Any Tanaka hedge trimmer owners here? Any and all thoughts, advice and reccomendations are welcome... Most of my handheld outdoor power tools are echo but I haven't heard great things about their hedge trimmers... (if your experiences are different please join this discussion)

I need to get something by Sunday night so don't be shy... My budget is $300-$350.

Thank you,
Ryan
Posted via Mobile Device

onecross
06-25-2010, 04:45 AM
Im in Texas and wont use anything but Tanaka for hand equipment. i had to order it straight from Hitachi Tanaka in order to get it here. you will not be disappointed.

ARGOS
06-25-2010, 09:08 AM
I will never buy another piece of Tanaka equipment. I have found it doesn't hold up like stihl or echo. We have six hedge trimmers and the one tanaka everyone avoids.

decypher
06-25-2010, 11:22 AM
Onecross - Thanks for your input. Why is it that you are so partial to use only tanaka equipment? Reliability? Most readily available maintenance parts?

Argos - That tanaka sounds lonely lol! Is it possible that this particular unit was not serviced properly according to the maintenance schedule? What is it about this tanaka edger that no one goes near it? Dull blades? Hard starting?
Posted via Mobile Device