PDA

View Full Version : Touch up paint

SPENCER HUNTER
06-25-2010, 02:16 AM
WHERE CAN I BUY PAINT TO TOUCH UP MY MACHINE ?:confused:

mowerconsultant
06-28-2010, 03:42 PM
WHERE CAN I BUY PAINT TO TOUCH UP MY MACHINE ?:confused:

Any Hustler dealer, most stock it, if they dont stock it they can have it the next day.

Pj

novat_99
09-22-2010, 01:33 PM
I recently had my Mini Fastrack 42 in for a tune up / blade sharpening at my local dealer. Since I don't have a trailer, I used them to pick up & deliver the mower. During transit, they apparently allowed the front of the mower to scrap on the metal trailer...thereby, removing the paint finish.

I brought it to the attention of the owner & his response was..."we will touch it up next time you are in for service". I asked him if there was touch up paint that could be ordered and he said he did not know (which makes you wonder how they planned to touch it up next year when I returned).

I asked him to look into ordering some & mentioned that I would be willing to split the cost of the paint (since I wouldn't mind having some around). He got very abrupt and said that it wasn't his problem that the unit was scratched during pickup / delivery.

I know that I am extremely anal when it comes to my equipment & go to great lengths to keep it looking new. But, needless to say, I don't plan to return to this dealer any time soon for anything.

Is there anywhere online where I can order the touch paint & avoid giving any more business to this dealer who basically doesn't care how they treat your equipment?

mowerconsultant
09-22-2010, 04:56 PM
I am not aware of a place to order it online, some dealers wont ship paint, UPS, Fed-Ex and the USPS dont like shipping aerosol cans.

Pj

MJfromMD
09-26-2010, 04:51 PM
Just FYI - My experience is that only Hustler "stealerships" sell the paint. It has the outrageous mark up like anything else a dealer sells you.

But I purchased a can myself last year and have used it for many "dings" scratches etc. .... and it is excellent paint!

You can't tell where an area has been touched up after curing, (when applied to a properly prepared surface). The results are very impressive. I recommend it to anyone who likes to keep that yellow looking pristine.

(MHO) :clapping:

dschell
09-27-2010, 12:01 PM
If you are near an Agri Supply, they sell aerosol paints for common farm and yard equipment. I have found that the Cub Cadet color is nearly identical to the Hustler color.

Dave

cgaengineer
09-30-2010, 03:57 PM
You can have the color matched at any automotive paint store (just remove a part with the color you want and take it to be matched), that being said I care nothing about scratches on my mower.
Posted via Mobile Device

DAR57
10-02-2010, 07:42 AM
If you are anal- order the paint from your dealership. I am by no means a MASTER WITH A SPRAY CAN, but this paint from Hustler is awesome. I cant believe how good this stuff works. As long as its good and clean when you spray you wont see ANY difference.