PDA

View Full Version : Florida Guys! Do Your Trailers Have Titles?

4 seasons lawn&land
06-27-2010, 10:03 AM
bought a trailer yesterday. No title! But the Registration has title like parts to it. Guy says no title for Trailers under 2k lbs in Florida?

Can anyone tell me what the deal is down there?

tallrick
06-27-2010, 10:47 AM
My trailers are homemade and quite old. They only have a registration and no title. Generally my friends that have bought trailers say that a bill of sale is sufficient for getting registration along with a copy of the old registration. To be safe have it notarized but I have not heard of any problems they had.

FLAhaulboy
06-27-2010, 11:18 AM
You need a "bill of sale". Take it with you when you go and get a new tag. The bill of sale can be simple, no typed out form needed. No need to notarize it. I four (4) trailers already, tagged in FL.

unkownfl
06-27-2010, 12:11 PM
You can not get a title for a trailer in FL unless it weighs over a ton. You need the registration and a bill of sale. Newer registrations have the bill of sale on it. If you notice when you look at the registration it says title on it down on the mid right side I believe. When you register it in your state you will most likely need to have DMV verify the VIN or a LEO or even an Officer in the military.

4 seasons lawn&land
06-27-2010, 03:17 PM
cool thanks. The reg actually did have a bill of sale on it. And it does say title small on it. So hopefully they dont need to look at the trlr...PITA