PDA

View Full Version : Videos on Youtube?

kgcs
06-27-2010, 03:18 PM
Will putting videos on youtube help your company?

Here are a few examples of mine.
4_gRl0pxdYg

QNzJLINgH84

P7wWMiiM364

A64Mhkg1J4I

kgcs
06-27-2010, 03:58 PM
bump bump bump

kgcs
06-27-2010, 07:25 PM
Any body have feedback?

kgcs
06-27-2010, 11:07 PM
anyone have feedback?

grassman177
06-28-2010, 12:07 AM
um, i guess it is interesting. more like a glorified slide show. not something i think is going to be of use on you tube, maybe your website

Clark Griswold
06-28-2010, 12:16 AM
um, i guess it is interesting. more like a glorified slide show. not something i think is going to be of use on you tube, maybe your website

If I turn on a VID and it's just a slideshow with no audio or just music, I turn it right off!

Say something about your services, tell us something about your business!

Clark

mowerbrad
06-28-2010, 01:00 AM
Marketing your company on Youtube will be very hard. You are putting up a couple videos amoung millions of others. Youtube isn't something that is separated by location either, so that makes it even harder to get your company videos out there.

You also have to look at how many people go onto youtube to find lawn care companies...there are probably not that many people out there that do that....most probably do their research for lawn care companies via google or the like, not youtube.

For example, if I were to need a lawn care company....the first place I would think about looking (online) would be google. I'd do a search on google/yahoo/etc., and find my local lawn companies. I really would have never thought about looking on google.

Youtube is a great way to show off things to people but not really that great for advertising.

kgcs
06-28-2010, 08:15 AM
Thanks for the responses.
The main reason I put them on youtube was because my host does not allow videos to be hosted. So, the will be on my site soon. Also, when you search on google for lawn care in our area, our videos pull up a result. I just though it would be better reconginition.

coughlin47
06-28-2010, 08:47 AM
I'm not into this business, but I'm a residential home owner who uses various landscaping services over the year. I do online searches via Google and Switchboard and I try to find a web site for the company. I do think it is important to have a web presence, and a way to contact other than telephone. (personally, I also like to see a separate domain name and email address other than hotmail - but that's just my opinion of course. ). And, with social networking expanding, I think sites like Facebook and Youtube are nice 'extras' - if it doesn't take a lot of time, then the more advertising and exposure the better.

kgcs
06-28-2010, 07:58 PM
I'm not into this business, but I'm a residential home owner who uses various landscaping services over the year. I do online searches via Google and Switchboard and I try to find a web site for the company. I do think it is important to have a web presence, and a way to contact other than telephone. (personally, I also like to see a separate domain name and email address other than hotmail - but that's just my opinion of course. ). And, with social networking expanding, I think sites like Facebook and Youtube are nice 'extras' - if it doesn't take a lot of time, then the more advertising and exposure the better.

thats what i was thinking

clean_cut
06-28-2010, 08:25 PM

When's the last time you looked on youtube for a plumber?

I think many people would look for a law guy on google to find their website though. It would be great if you could put "see our website for videos of our work" or something similar.

As others said, add some commentary to the videos, try "our machines are of the highest quality leaving the optimum appearance of your yard" or something like that on the equipment video.

Glenn Lawn Care
06-28-2010, 09:50 PM
you tube isnt the best marketing out there. jmo

Cutting_perfection
07-04-2010, 12:29 PM
Marketing your company on Youtube will be very hard. You are putting up a couple videos amoung millions of others. Youtube isn't something that is separated by location either, so that makes it even harder to get your company videos out there.

You also have to look at how many people go onto youtube to find lawn care companies...there are probably not that many people out there that do that....most probably do their research for lawn care companies via google or the like, not youtube.

For example, if I were to need a lawn care company....the first place I would think about looking (online) would be google. I'd do a search on google/yahoo/etc., and find my local lawn companies. I really would have never thought about looking on google.

Youtube is a great way to show off things to people but not really that great for advertising.

I completely disagree. Yes most people are not searching youtube for a local business, but they are searching the internet. With the way google search results come up now videos are a must. I am yet to make any but I now that it is extremely important. Its one more way to dominate the search results. How many companies have videos pop up when you search lawn care in Austin Texas? Why not dominate that? Remember google now incorporates videos into typical searches!

When's the last time you looked on youtube for a plumber?

I think many people would look for a law guy on google to find their website though. It would be great if you could put "see our website for videos of our work" or something similar.

Again, thats not its purpose. I feel like there is way too many people who have the twitter mindset. "Why would anyone care about what im saying? Twitter is sooo stupid."

You can either believe that or get on board with 50 million people. These social media tools are the future of marketing. Get on board or be left behind, this is one fast moving train.

HOOLIE
07-06-2010, 10:17 AM
Social media is where people are now...I hate to burst anyone's bubble but having an awesome website is not exactly 2010 material. Sure, YouTube alone shouldn't be your whole advertising campaign but if you don't think your customers and future customers are all over these websites than you're sadly mistaken.

FCPWLLC
07-06-2010, 04:25 PM
Titled properly, and using keyword rich text in the description along with a hyperlink to your website, youtube videos are very effective marketing tools on the internet.

Here is an example... Deck Cleaning Lexington KY (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiB2wOu8jak)

Nothing fancy, but SEO'd to better chances of being found during google searches and the inbound link to your site from a keyword relative page helps your websites rankings.

While Harry Homeowner may not log on to Youtube searching for a Lawncare company, he very well may search Google. Google owns Youtube and gives good credibility to videos in searches. So TITLE the video right and it is possible to have it listed on page one of the google query. Even if you already have a site showing in the results, it is another website (competitior) being pushed to page 2.

Hope that helps. BTW 90% of my business comes from the internet.