PDA

View Full Version : woods..why they being sold?

mowisme
06-27-2010, 03:54 PM
I always thought the 'woods' mowers were a quality machine- I was just brousing the CL's and noticed several for sale? I know these are maybe older models..and 18hp for 60" seems quite under-power..is that why? just seems that that is why or they are getting rid of due to hours/age- The machine is a quality machine thou right?

topsites
06-27-2010, 05:28 PM
This is another reason why I'm brand loyal, if it's not made by a
certain company I will not even consider it.

Mowingman
06-27-2010, 05:58 PM
Woods machines can be difficult to get parts for. The reason for this is, that Woods does not make any of their own ZTR's. They have other company's build them under contract, and, they change manufacturers about every 4 or 5 years, if not more often.
A Woods dealer can not possibly keep a good parts supply for all these different mowers, and Woods has trouble maintaining a good supply of parts from their "former" manufacturers.
However, if you know who actually built your Woods mower,( manufacturer/brand/like model), you can go to a dealer of that brand and get your parts. The color might not match though.
I know that over the past 10 years or so, Woods mowers have been built by Bobcat, Gravely, Snapper, and possibly Encore. Grasshopper was involved back in the early to mid 90's.

mowisme
06-27-2010, 08:36 PM
Thanks guys..that's why. I'd not want a mower unless It was made by a loyal and reputable maker. I guess I'd buy one if say was a BC one..but I'd look into parts availability first I guess.