PDA

View Full Version : My house resod/landscape project.


Firefighter337
06-27-2010, 09:14 PM
I relandscaped my yard starting at the end of May. Just getting things wrapped up. I will have before and more after pictures when I get home and find them on my wifes computer. These pictures were taken last night at about 8:15 pm.

I need to complete the walk way. I am going to split the beds infront of the door and use pea gravel with flagstones as the steps. And recessed flagstone in the turf from the drive way to the walk way. Also eventually, I am going to have the driveway ripped out and redone in concrete.

Includes:
Top Soil/ Regrade
8 pallets of Empire Zoysia
6 Indian Hawthorns
6 Ruby Loropetalums
6 Gulf Stream Nandinas
2 Nanchez Crepe Myrtles
2 Dynamite Crepe Myrtles
12 Daylilies assorted
Lantanas are going in tomorrow

More to come when it cools down for transplanting
(Japanese maples, dogwoods, etc.)

Sprinkler system:
Weathermatic 1600 controller
Weathermatic Nitro valves
Hunter 4" pop-ups
MP 2000 rotators
1" pipe
Landscape products drip system

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/Pringle1232/June2010179.jpg


http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/Pringle1232/June2010174.jpg

Firefighter337
06-27-2010, 09:17 PM
Some of the shrubs have burnt ends, but are coming through very well. A few days after I planted the shrubs, I found that 18 of my 24 emitters do not flow at all. They are landscape products 2 gph emitters. I have found through the sprinkler house that this WAS a PAST problem that was supposed to be fixed. I replaced them all with rainbird 2 gph and they flow nicely.

The lines you see in the turf are roll marks from the sod roller, I have rolled the yard about 8 times in the past week in different directions due to settling in the top soil. Yard is pretty flat and solid now. It will be top dressed in the fall or spring.

I planted the turf June 7th. Yard was cut for the first time on June 23rd using a 21" Snapper.

Applied T-storm fungicide and crosscheck insecticide as a preventative.
Also, Andersons 18-24-12 plus 3% as a starter fertilizer.

Shrubs got Andersons 14-7-7 with MU Tech and Imidacloprid.

Window air conditioner will come out soon. Taller shrubs and trees will be planted soon in the gaps infront of the house to add contrast.

I am planning on planting a ring of azaleas in a donut shape around the Cleveland Pear tree to the left of the house.

The dead looking shrubs to the left of the house are Tea Olives being nursed back to health. Starting to get some new growth. They may hold on. Several days with 100*+ temps are not helping out.