PDA

View Full Version : quality of cut

northwoodshntr
06-28-2010, 02:30 AM
Is it common for grandstands to leave uncut strips where the two front wheels are? I notice these uncut strips as well as clippings blowing out the front of the deck and air shooting in spurts out the trim side. I assumed when I bought it that it would cut like my turbo force zmaster. Anyone else had this issue?

lilweeds
06-28-2010, 10:35 PM
what size deck? My 52 does not.

northwoodshntr
06-29-2010, 02:25 AM
what size deck? My 52 does not.

its a 52 23hp

The Toro Company
06-30-2010, 10:53 AM
Thank you for contacting Toro and bringing your concern to our attention. Engine rpm and travel speed of mower during cutting will have an effect of the type of cut you want to achieve. Engine RPM (3600rpm) should be checked to ensure the blade speed is correct. Height of cut can also play a factor. What HOC are you cutting at, and are you cutting at the same height with both mowers? Have you tried lowering your HOC to see if it makes a difference? If cutting tall wispy grass at high heights of cut you can loose vacuum and/or encounter blowout due to loss of the seal between the deck and grass.

Are you cutting the same properties with both mowers? Different properties / conditions can result in differences in quality of cut. Are you using Toro OEM blades, and are you using the same sail/lift blades on the GrandStand and Z mower? Toro provides different types of blades for different cutting conditions. There can be a big difference between high lift, medium lift and atomic blades. Time of year, grass type and the amount of grass you are cutting off can also require different blades. We are not sure of the current conditions you are facing so your dealer is likely to have the best recommendation that will work. These are just a few questions and thoughts that come to mind.

-The Toro Company