PDA

View Full Version : 2010, first 6 months compared

David Gretzmier
06-28-2010, 10:04 AM
kind of into polls . forum seems quiet, so how is the first half of 2010 working for you compared to 2009? The first choice is if you are way down, the second just a little and so forth. we are way up, but it has been quiet the past week or so as far as closed jobs.

Tim R.
06-28-2010, 05:46 PM
Way up! I am still booked out almost 4 weeks

ajslands
06-28-2010, 05:52 PM
Booked for a for about 2 weeks
Posted via Mobile Device

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
06-30-2010, 03:15 AM
We are up a bit over 2009 so far, which is good. Solidly booked into August now for new installations. Much more service and renovations than any year previously which will show at the end of the year as I don't really track that work like I do new installations.

irrig8r
06-30-2010, 11:57 AM
My lighting business is down this spring/ summer, mostly because my sprinkler repair business, especially replacing controllers and valves, has been way up. I have two patient customers waiting for lighting upgrades and new. They understand my prioritizing.

emby
06-30-2010, 03:29 PM
I am very happy to report that I have doubled my installations from last year. My spring started off really slow but I am now booked completely with new installations for the remaining of the season.

Ken

elegance_alex
07-19-2010, 09:43 PM
We are doing quite well - partly because we started our Maintenance push earlier and booked over half of our install customers as maintenance plan clients. We've also done some small commercial projects, which paid quite nicely - but we had to increase our insurance and add an umbrella - which did eat some of what would have been profit.

The Lighting Geek
07-19-2010, 11:54 PM
I believe there is a difference between parts of the country that shut down for the winter and other parts of the country (or Canada lol) that have pretty much a year round season. Is there a sense of urgency in the areas that shut down for winter?

By the way I am booked 3 weeks and getting many calls on earlier bids from this year wanting to get going.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
07-20-2010, 12:44 AM
Hi Tommy, good to hear from you.

We are having quite a stellar season for outdoor lighting systems and hope to break our sales record set in 2008. I have a couple of monster system in the design phase that will help a lot.

As for our "Season", it typically starts in May and runs through to first significant snowfall which is typically in early December. The last couple of years that snow has come in Mid November. This year we were blessed with a 6 week jump due to a very early spring, which allowed us to get six new installations in before Mid May!
We are currently booking any new work in for early September at this point.

extlights
07-21-2010, 11:30 AM
We're down a little bit from last year. From mid June until the end of July is generally our slowest time of the year. We're starting to get some calls comming in and some new projects signed but it's still down a bit. We have spent zero dollars on advertising this year and maybe that's part of it. Either way it's still not a bad year, just down. I think most of it is probably our fault too. When you have a business as more of a hobby and don't rely on any of it for your well being, then it can be easy to loose focus at times.

Barring something crazy happening I'm sure we'll finish the year down, but I think we should still end up around 45-50 new installs for the season.