PDA

View Full Version : hydrostatic reservoir leaking

silvermaxd
06-28-2010, 12:15 PM
Is it normal for a little bit of fluid to leak from the top cap. When I check the level it looks ok. I'll wipe it off....go cut some more....more oil again...wipe it off...level still ok. Seems to be operating normally. Just concerned about it and don't want any to be getting on someones grass

mower: 2008 52" miniZ

mowerconsultant
06-28-2010, 03:18 PM
What your seeing there is a little pressure venting from the cap, it has a cork type seal to allow this and not allow debris in through the cap.
This will cause some dirt to build up around the cap area, just wipe it clean before removing the cap to check the fluid level.

Pj

silvermaxd
06-28-2010, 03:23 PM
thanks...I thought the heat may be a factor also...it's been about 100 degrees lately

puppypaws
06-28-2010, 05:54 PM
Is it normal for a little bit of fluid to leak from the top cap. When I check the level it looks ok. I'll wipe it off....go cut some more....more oil again...wipe it off...level still ok. Seems to be operating normally. Just concerned about it and don't want any to be getting on someones grass

mower: 2008 52" miniZ

Unless you have the reservoir over filled, this is not normal, I've had many Hustler Super Z mowers and never seen this problem, if I start seeing oil on top of the reservoir, I will find out where the back pressure is building from.