PDA

View Full Version : Hustler Sport deck cleaning question

rockymtnhorsegal
06-28-2010, 04:06 PM
Hello all~

I have a new 48" Hustler Sport (Honda engine) and I am currently cleaning under its deck in my garage with a floor jack, jack stands, etc.

It would be so nice if I could actually spray underneath it when I'm done with it--but I can't get the floor jack out to the yard and where the hose is (those floor jacks are heavy) and I'm wondering if there is some other kind of jack I could use to get the front lifted up so I could spray underneath?

Something not too expensive and not too heavy to carry? I wouldn't actually be going underneath the deck the way I am now, just spraying jetted water from a safe distance, so I didn't know if some kind of trailer jack would work?

Also, on a related note, I have a huge piece of property and lots of crabgrass/watergrass. If I'm understanding correctly from reading some previous posts, I might do better with Fusion blades on my mower? This mower hates the watergrass and gets clogged so easily.

Thanks so much in advance!

mowerconsultant
06-28-2010, 04:21 PM
You dont want to spray water under your deck, it will get into areas its not meant to be and cause premature bearing failure.
A good scraping is all that is needed.
You sound like you could benefit from the Fusion blades, they are Hustler part # 795757

Pj

Sport42
06-28-2010, 04:22 PM
The Hustler Jack works great and easy, but a little pricey.