PDA

View Full Version : Fall Cleanups

GrayM
06-28-2010, 07:15 PM
What do y'all include in a fall cleanup? Leaf and stick/branch removal obviously. Anything else? Do you blow the leafs to the curb for city pickup, or do you remove them from the property yourself? Just curious...

Gray

poncho62
06-28-2010, 07:28 PM
The city still picks up?....No where around here.

FLAhaulboy
06-28-2010, 08:14 PM
I ask if they want the debris at curb or hauled away, most want it hauled off. & I charge them extra for that additional service.

LKCLawnService
06-28-2010, 08:33 PM
I bid all my lawns expecting to haul with me, if they dont want me to then a bonus. I would always include it

GrayM
06-28-2010, 09:49 PM
Thanks for the replies. Yes, in Raleigh the city comes around 4 or 5 times a year to suck leaves from the curb. I guess I should be prepared to haul debris away though. So, do y'all do anything else for your fall cleanups?

EDIT-from reading this site it sounds common to give customers an hourly rate with an estimate of how long it will take for the cleanup. Is my impression correct?

Gray

fastpine
07-01-2010, 07:53 PM
What do y'all include in a fall cleanup?

What ever the custy asks for...I dont leave it up to me,,If it were up to me I would be there for two days and hand them a bill for $1000...I always get specifics from the customer. No point in doing something that they never even wanted in the first place,,or skipping over something that they were expecting you to do..All custys are different, what one guy wants may not coincide with wha this neighbor wants..