PDA

View Full Version : More TV stuff...

The Lighting Geek
06-28-2010, 09:56 PM
For those of you who are interested, I have now done a dozen episodes or so of Yard Crashers, seasons 1-4, and recently, a couple in season 1 of Turf War as well. I was involved in the last Turf War episode of the season which will air pretty soon. I also did an episode of House Crashers in season 1.

I am shooting an episode of Yard Crashers this Thursday and Friday and another one in the end of July, both in season 5.

I really like doing them and am stepping the custom stuff to a new level, which should be very cool! Thank You very to those who have been supportive in this TV thing. As some were concerned early on, I have not given away any trade secrets as of yet...LOL

I will be posting an airing schedule on my website for those who want to check it out or you can watch past episodes on DIYNetwork.com

Az Gardener
06-28-2010, 10:03 PM
Well obviously its helped you get more tv gigs. Has it helped secure any regular jobs? Mt experience has been that those kind of things are good for the ego but have never done much for the business. Congrats, hope you have had better experience.

David Gretzmier
06-29-2010, 12:07 AM
The local stuff I have done for the TV news as "the Christmas light safety guy" for the past 4 years has translated into a few Christmas light jobs, but no landscape light gigs. So for me, it has benefitted one area of the business, but does not jump over to the landscape light side.

The Lighting Geek
06-29-2010, 01:18 AM
It has helped me get jobs and produced opportunities I would not have had otherwise. I have traveled to Toronto, Cleveland, Houston, Tampa, Denver, etc. on speaking engagements and film work. It isn't for everyone, but so far it works for me.

steveparrott
06-29-2010, 10:15 AM
Tommy, you are awesome (as always)! Onward and upward!

BrandonV
06-29-2010, 08:13 PM
good for you tommy, be sure to give us a heads up... I for one can't watch those networks because they make it appear too simply, too easy and too cheap. We get people all the time saying "well on HGTV they do it this way" to which I usually answer, "ma'am they're in FL, there you take the plant sick it in the soft ground and it grows, you live on a mountain, it's different."

Classic Lighting
06-29-2010, 08:40 PM
We get people all the time saying "well on HGTV they do it this way" to which I usually answer, "ma'am they're in FL, there you take the plant sick it in the soft ground and it grows, you live on a mountain, it's different."

:laugh::laugh::laugh: That's great. People do not realize that projects are completed in 1/2 hr for programming purposes. EVERYTHING is made to look simple, like a caveman can do it.