PDA

View Full Version : General Inquiry About Sod How To & Estimate Time..

mcw615
06-29-2010, 08:58 AM
Price of nice tall fescue sod here at my price is about $1.50/yard or 0.17 sq ft.

Here is nothing but clay soil in VA, a customer wants a quote to grade the front lawn, and sod.

Total about 440 sq ft, will require 1 pallet.

Not looking for what you charge, but can someone help me with:

- Steps I need to prepare the soil, add fertilizer to soil etc.
- The time it will take to install one pallet as well as the prep work and finish details

It will all be on level ground, easy access.

bigslick7878
06-29-2010, 08:15 PM
Price of nice tall fescue sod here at my price is about $1.50/yard or 0.17 sq ft.

Here is nothing but clay soil in VA, a customer wants a quote to grade the front lawn, and sod.

Total about 440 sq ft, will require 1 pallet.

Not looking for what you charge, but can someone help me with:

- Steps I need to prepare the soil, add fertilizer to soil etc.
- The time it will take to install one pallet as well as the prep work and finish details

It will all be on level ground, easy access.

You can throw down 440 ft in about an hour and a half. Cutting the edges/piecing in spots might take another 1/2 hour.

Make sure you grade it so the edges that meet the sidewalk/driveway whatever are flush, not with the sod sitting on top with a deep edge.

Not sure what the property looks like now so it will be hard to give you advice on what needs to be done. With a lawn that small I am guessing you can take a trimmer, destroy what is there right now spray with roundup and lay the sod a week later.

You want to go the extra mile you can add some top soil, but remember you want the grade as even as possible so not too much.

Standard starter fertilizer under the sod before you lay it.