PDA

View Full Version : Silverado battery rundown protection question.

HighGrass
06-29-2010, 01:39 PM
Anyone know how to override (either permanently or temporaraly) the 20 minute battery rundown protection in a chevy silveredo 1/2/ ton. Is it a relay timer in the fuse box?

underPSI
07-01-2010, 10:50 PM
The BCM (body control module) controls the battery rundown protection. There is no way to bypass it as far as I know. Just out of curiosity, what are you trying to do? I might be able to help.

HighGrass
07-03-2010, 10:33 AM
The BCM (body control module) controls the battery rundown protection. There is no way to bypass it as far as I know. Just out of curiosity, what are you trying to do? I might be able to help.
Well, I was going to run a trailer strobe of the parking light wire, but as know that power would only last 20 minutes. My average lawn takes about 40 minutes so by the time I get back to the trailer, strobe is off. The strobe is fixed to the back of the trailer to help alert folks when I'm parked on the side of the road.
Since my the start of this thread, I am running a single power wire (directly from the plug) back to the location and by-passing the run down feature.
Thanks anyway!:clapping:

zabmasonry
07-04-2010, 09:24 AM
Here is a thought for you,

How 'bout mounting a 12V battery on the trailer, hook up the strobe off of that. Then run your 12V + line from the trailer plug to the battery, and charge the battery while the truck is running. That way you have a system that won't shut off your strobe, but won't run down your truck's battery. I really wouldn't want to risk that if something goes wrong your truck won't start.

jbturf
07-07-2010, 11:08 PM
are you talking about power 12v+ going to your 7way trailer plug?