PDA

View Full Version : Business Phone? iPhone or Droid Incredible

kgcs
06-29-2010, 03:12 PM
Which phone would be better from a business point of view? I like the way the iPhone looks, but I heard the droid is faster.
What do you think?

I do not want to be like this person though
iPhone vs. Incredible YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-I9OGQTnwE)
I posted the link this time, because last time the thread got taken off when I posted the video.

freshprince94
06-29-2010, 03:21 PM
I have an iPhone. I have had one for about 7 months or so and after using Blackberries for 2 years I think it is the best phone on the market for business users. I hate Android phones, they aren't nearly as user friendly. I had the 3GS before, now I have the new iPhone 4 and it is awesome.

kgcs
06-29-2010, 03:44 PM
Thats what i have been told. But everybody want to have an iPhone, and i dont want to be one of those apple lovers. Did you see the video?

brucec32
06-29-2010, 04:08 PM
How does the droid mow? Is the cut good?

M.M.A. Mowing
06-29-2010, 04:12 PM
My droids blades stay sharp for hours on end....
I prefer the droid g1 over the iphone, its all personal preference I suppose.
Posted via Mobile Device

coastallandscapesolutions
06-29-2010, 05:13 PM
Just think what the dirt, sand and grit will do to that touch screen over time... We elected to go with CrackBerry's instead and a Otter cover.

TLS
06-29-2010, 05:23 PM
Cant speak for the Droid.

Had the iPhone for almost a year now. Love it. Nothing beats live doppler radar when your out mowing and see a dark cloud coming.

Never carried ANY cell phone with me while mowing. I hear too many stories of dropped, bent, wet, dirty, etc phones carried by other LCO's. Mine stays in the truck.

I've heard others talk about AT&T being a crappy network. I came from Sprint with dropped calls all the time, and bad reception. With the iPhone on AT&T, I never loose a call and always have great reception. A LOT better than Sprint ever was.

Lagniappe
06-29-2010, 05:31 PM
I have had a iPhone for a couple of years now, and don't have a bad thing to say about it. Haven't ugraded to the 4 yet, still have the 3GS. Put it in an Otter Box, and it's tuff as nails.

kgcs
06-29-2010, 07:29 PM
from what i read, it says the incredible is more open than the iphone, what does that mean?

ajslands
06-29-2010, 07:37 PM
I bought the most durabile case for he iPhone (otter box) and it's water restiant, dust proof, and stupid proof!
Posted via Mobile Device

Grubrunner
06-29-2010, 07:38 PM
Never heard of either one of these mower brands.....

twcw5804
06-29-2010, 08:10 PM
I am a VZW sales rep. Do not get the incredible, wait two weeks and get the Droid X coming out July 15th. As for the Iphone, see all the issues they are having with the new model?

watatrp
06-29-2010, 08:14 PM
Verizon says they will start selling the iPhone in January. Just about any smartphone can get live radar.

unkownfl
06-29-2010, 08:33 PM
Iphone will not be leaving At&t for awhile January I think is still to soon to expect the Iphone with Verizon. Verizon uses a different network all together and would need a different version of the Iphone to work. When they mean the google phones being more open its mainly for developers meaning they're able to develop apps that Apple will not allow into the Itunes store. The Iphone has 10 times the apps or more than the google phones. I think you will be happy with a Droid X or Iphone4 or even an EVO from Sprint if you have 4G in your area. I carry my Iphone and I have the same 3G for 2 years. Before I had a 1st Gen and I broke three of those before I bought a case. The case does scratch your phone up because sand get behind it, but you never see the scratches if you leave the case on. I had a verizon phone from the power company for many years and my Iphone got just as good reception except way far out in the woods I would have slightly less bars. When I travel to NY I do get bumped off the At&t network but not here in Orlando.

freshprince94
06-29-2010, 08:43 PM
If you put a case on the iPhone 4 which anyone in our industry should do anyways then you have no reception issues. As far as the Otterbox, that is a great case, protects the phone from almost anything you can do to it including being run over by a mower. I had the Otterbox on my 3GS and it was great, I will buy one for my 4 when they start selling them.

JohnBanks
06-29-2010, 10:31 PM
Evo on Sprint. Long time verizon customer switched to save money. I mow with it and have been doing so since I got it. It is doing good.

Android phones aren't quite as user friendly as I phone but they are power houses. Also if you use Gmail Google Voice and other things it is a must have.

hdtvluvr
06-30-2010, 02:48 PM
Those using Otterbox, are you using the Defender series or the impact series?

FiveOJoe
06-30-2010, 02:52 PM
Faster? Does it speed up the people's voices?? I only listen at one speed. No frills, cheap phones have always worked for me.

ajslands
06-30-2010, 03:21 PM
If you put a case on the iPhone 4 which anyone in our industry should do anyways then you have no reception issues. As far as the Otterbox, that is a great case, protects the phone from almost anything you can do to it including being run over by a mower. I had the Otterbox on my 3GS and it was great, I will buy one for my 4 when they start selling them.

I'm not going to try running over it with the mower, but I know it'll be fine if I drop it and throw it too!!
Posted via Mobile Device

dwost
06-30-2010, 06:29 PM
I've had an iphone since it's inception and it is by far the best business/personal phone on the market. Everyone is trying to play catchup. Now with the 4.0 OS that was released last week it now supports multi-tasking which was the big hangup for many. it's also lightning quick changing from one app to another. I've also only experienced 1 or 2 lockups in the several years that I've owned one. Get one, you will not be disappointed.

Hoy landscaping
06-30-2010, 06:39 PM
I bought the most durabile case for he iPhone (otter box) and it's water restiant, dust proof, and stupid proof!
Posted via Mobile Device

Stupid proof is the important one!

A Cut Above Lawn Care
06-30-2010, 07:38 PM
I have the Iphone 3GS. Speaking of radar, I know there are many free weather radars available, but I found one that is highly accurate called RadarScope. It will pinpoint exactly where you are so you will know exactly where the rain is according to your position. Also, it will show rainfall totals for the hour or total storm rainfall to see if "that yard" got some showers, It's $9.99 in the app store if anyone is interested.

brucec32
06-30-2010, 10:23 PM
What moisturizer do you recommend?

lilweeds
06-30-2010, 10:38 PM
Droid all the way. iPhone would be great if it didn't have the AT&T network. My vote would be the EVO 4G on Sprint. Plus it will save you a few dollars over the others.

TLS
06-30-2010, 10:48 PM
lilweeds.....don't you get good reception out there in the sticks!?! Or is there something else you don't like about AT&T??

Just wondering, as I stated above, I have no problems with AT&T.

427 BB
06-30-2010, 11:22 PM
I have been using the I phone for 2 years now. I leave it in the truck and check my phone messages and emails from my customers. Works great for me. Before i got the I phone i tried out the Sprint Instinct i took that piece of crap back after about a half a day worthless phone

lilweeds
07-01-2010, 12:14 AM
AT&T gets service, but Sprint does better. Verizon also does better. I can get 3G in my house, when my dad comes by he can't even get edge in my house. I'm sure there are area where AT&T is better, but my experience sprint is way better. I wouldn't have said the same thing 3 years ago, but now it's great!

freshprince94
07-01-2010, 01:49 AM
Those using Otterbox, are you using the Defender series or the impact series?

I used the Defender, that was the most durable one they make I believe. I am waiting for them to release the Otterbox for my iPhone 4...

PLS-Tx
07-01-2010, 02:34 AM
I used the Defender, that was the most durable one they make I believe. I am waiting for them to release the Otterbox for my iPhone 4...

X2 on the Defender, on a BB 8530. Also had on for a BB 8330.

Great case.

KyleOH
07-01-2010, 06:12 AM
I am a long time iPhone user now switched to Droid Incredible since it came out. Droid......MUCH faster and more responsive, more app selection, 3rd party apps, open source system, can customize as much as you want. Drag and drop files to the phone NO ITUNES, 8MP camera, full radar, wifi all the goodies. I love my Incredible except battery life, it is a much better phone than the iPhone I can tell you that.

Now from a techie stand point unless you know what your doing or are willing to play around with your droid for a while I would get an iPhone. It is a "dumbed" down version basically, you can only install what apple tells you is ok, no flash on website because it "might" crash the phone. They are excellent phones do not get me wrong and most will be over whelmed with the iPhone anyways, but it is very spoon fed content, you get what apple wants you to have.

Dro1D :)

speedster
07-01-2010, 07:27 AM
EVO on Sprint

yardatwork
07-01-2010, 08:26 AM
Just a heads up...Verizon will have the iPhone in January!!!

Pennington Lawncare
07-01-2010, 08:27 AM
I am a VZW sales rep. Do not get the incredible, wait two weeks and get the Droid X coming out July 15th. As for the Iphone, see all the issues they are having with the new model?

I second that. The Motorola Droid X is going to be a heck of a phone. For someone who's only ever had an Iphone the Android operating system is going to be different and many people prefer Android and there are lots of free apps to be downloaded at the android marketplace.

Also, I've been a Verizon customer for 6 plus years and I will be leaving them for Sprint in a month. Sprint's plans are a lot better especially the ones with unlimited web, unlimited texting, unlimited gps navigator, free calls to any cell phone, free calls after 7 pm. So I plan on getting the HTC EVO when I swap to Sprint.

brucec32
07-02-2010, 02:41 PM
I second that. The Motorola Droid X is going to be a heck of a phone. For someone who's only ever had an Iphone the Android operating system is going to be different and many people prefer Android and there are lots of free apps to be downloaded at the android marketplace.

Also, I've been a Verizon customer for 6 plus years and I will be leaving them for Sprint in a month. Sprint's plans are a lot better especially the ones with unlimited web, unlimited texting, unlimited gps navigator, free calls to any cell phone, free calls after 7 pm. So I plan on getting the HTC EVO when I swap to Sprint.

You may be switching back soon. I have heard multiple accounts of bad spring service and more importantly, bad call quality. Wife's corporate blackberry was sprint and the phone was almost unusable. Her entire company just switched to Verizon. Instantly better. Personal phones are Verizon and no problems in over 5 years with them. There are some review sites online, might want to check them out first.

lilweeds
07-02-2010, 08:23 PM
Five year ago I would have agreed Bruce, but now Sprint's service is much better then Verizon, plus the phones roam on Verizon towers. Sprint has really upped their game in the past couple years. Sprint and the EVO or Hero are the best choices right now IMO.

speedster
07-02-2010, 09:04 PM
yes i agree. dont let the anti sprint comments scare you away. over the last couple of years sprint has had fewer dropped calls than any provider and as mentioned roams on verizon. ATT on the other hand has been severly overloaded by all the jesus-phone adopters and in NY city alone drop nearly 37% of calls. Verizon and Spint are both definately more reliable than ATT.
Posted via Mobile Device