PDA

View Full Version : Check out my new Snapper Pro SW20!

STL Cuts
06-30-2010, 12:40 AM
Well, I'm actually picking it up in the morning :laugh:

I'll try to get some pics of it before I get it too dirty tomorrow.

:drinkup:

STL Cuts
06-30-2010, 11:17 PM
Here is some pics of the Snapper. I gave her a nice bath tonight after a long day mowing.

One thing that I noticed when I demoed it was the sharp corners where the grass flies out (see the second picture). If you are mowing on uneven terrain, or make a sharp turn the sharp edges tear/scalp into the grass.

Any ideas on how to fix this situation? A friend of mine suggested welding a little bar from one of the sharp corners across to the other side this way it would slide into the grass instead of dig into it. I think it might be easier to maybe round off the sharp edges.

Another thing I wish it had was 4 anti scalping wheels instead of the 2. I haven't really noticed it to make much of a difference, but hell it would be nice to have 4 lol. It seems to be pretty common though as Ferris even only has the 2 though.

Overall though, I am extremely pleased thus far with the mower. It leaves a really nice cut, handles well (particularly hills with ease), and is definitely a saver for the pocket book with it being $2,000 less than a comparable Ferris.

Where are the other Snapper Pro owners? :drinkup:

Firefighter337
06-30-2010, 11:19 PM
That thing is sweet. How much was it?

STL Cuts
06-30-2010, 11:39 PM
I paid $4100 for the mower (paying for it in cash saved me $100) + tax.

I also picked up a new X2 Velke, but as you can see it is NOT in the pictures b/c the locking pin/bolt that goes through the velke was not in the dang box :hammerhead:

I opted not to get the Grass Gobbler (those things weigh a ton) and I have heard the cloth bag is sheeeeiiit so I'm thinking about getting an Accelerator.

bobcat48
07-01-2010, 12:19 AM
Very nice man..congarts.

CandC Lawn Care
07-01-2010, 07:28 PM
Hey man sweet machine. I have a sw 20 36" and s150x 48" ztr. I love the snappers they run great. But I use to have the same problem until I figured out the machine a little better. I learned to mash down on the handles when turning sharp on un even ground to lighten the front a little so it floats across but you will just have to keep playing with it and see what helps and let me know because im fixing to buy one just like yours and so is my friend. so let us know what you find out.

grizzlylandscaper
07-01-2010, 07:29 PM
good choice, my dad use to build the old snapper pros
Posted via Mobile Device

LibertyFarmLandscaping
07-06-2010, 01:06 AM
Here is some pics of the Snapper. I gave her a nice bath tonight after a long day mowing.

One thing that I noticed when I demoed it was the sharp corners where the grass flies out (see the second picture). If you are mowing on uneven terrain, or make a sharp turn the sharp edges tear/scalp into the grass.

Any ideas on how to fix this situation? A friend of mine suggested welding a little bar from one of the sharp corners across to the other side this way it would slide into the grass instead of dig into it. I think it might be easier to maybe round off the sharp edges.

Another thing I wish it had was 4 anti scalping wheels instead of the 2. I haven't really noticed it to make much of a difference, but hell it would be nice to have 4 lol. It seems to be pretty common though as Ferris even only has the 2 though.

Overall though, I am extremely pleased thus far with the mower. It leaves a really nice cut, handles well (particularly hills with ease), and is definitely a saver for the pocket book with it being $2,000 less than a comparable Ferris.

Did you get your pin for the Velke yet? If so how does it pull? Looking to buy a new walk behind. Thanks.

TurboPirate
07-06-2010, 01:09 AM

That is a fine piece of work........................................

Shasta Lake Landscaping
07-06-2010, 01:22 AM
I have a sw20 36" I'm very pleased with it.

STL Cuts
07-06-2010, 02:03 AM
Did you get your pin for the Velke yet? If so how does it pull? Looking to buy a new walk behind. Thanks.

I got the pin and it pulls great. I'm really enjoying the machine so far, now if it would just rain here that would be nice...

Chilehead
07-08-2010, 10:42 AM
Does that mower implement the use of the new iCD deck?

LibertyFarmLandscaping
07-08-2010, 10:02 PM
I have a sw20 36" I'm very pleased with it.

Bought the sw20 36" yesterday with Jungle Jim's sulke. I used it today at a 12 acre cemetary. Very nice around the close headstones, used 21" mowers before. Much faster with the 36".:)

93Chevy
07-08-2010, 10:20 PM
Does that mower implement the use of the new iCD deck?

No, unfortunately. The deck is OKAY...leaves a very nice cut. Check out the link in my signature for some pics of cut quality. Clumping is an issue in wet grass. I also have a TON of deck blowout. I can't bag dry leaves because they all disperse when the mower is 2 feet from a small pile of dry leaves, or hedge clippings, or what have you. It doesn't suck up debris, however it does bag grass very nicely.

Congrats on your purchase. I hope it works better for you than me. :)

STL Cuts
07-08-2010, 11:31 PM
No, unfortunately. The deck is OKAY...leaves a very nice cut. Check out the link in my signature for some pics of cut quality. Clumping is an issue in wet grass. I also have a TON of deck blowout. I can't bag dry leaves because they all disperse when the mower is 2 feet from a small pile of dry leaves, or hedge clippings, or what have you. It doesn't suck up debris, however it does bag grass very nicely.

Congrats on your purchase. I hope it works better for you than me. :)

What kind of bagger did you get? I didn't want to buy the Grass Gobbler and the place I got it at didn't have the cloth bagger in stock.

93Chevy
07-09-2010, 06:38 AM
I got the stock cloth bagger. It's not as big as I'd like, but at least it's light to empty.

Messenger Bros.
07-09-2010, 09:55 PM
i have a snapper pro s200x that i got this year i really like it cut awesome really nice lines and it has the ICD Deck