PDA

View Full Version : Software??

NY Lawn
07-23-2002, 05:46 PM
I am looking for some reccomendations on Accounting, Invoicing, Customer Management, Routing etc. Software designed specificaly for our industry... Any Ideas???

HBFOXJr
07-23-2002, 08:22 PM
I'm reasonably happy running QBPro with QXpress for customer management. My first year with it but I've been on computer since '86.

KLMlawn
07-24-2002, 12:37 AM
I did some research prior to making my decision on an accounting/billing/customer management program. I looked at CLIP, Lawn Monkey, Wintac, Groundskeeper Pro, along with a few others. for functionality, ease of use as well as price, I chose GroundsKeeper Pro 2000 from Adkad technologies. I am a relatively small company but have diversified services, including Maintenanace, Fert and Pesticide App., Mauget injections, and other specialty services. to get the full package from Clip or Lawn Monkey, you will spend about $1200, plus have to pay for technical support and informational classes on how to use their program if there are aspects that you may not understand. Although GK Pro 2000, may not be as diverse in its ability to interact with other programs such as Quickbooks, it keeps most all the necessary information you will need and has Statement/Invoice printability as well as tax charged/collected, payroll, expenses, pesticide reporting log, scheduling, routing, and many other offerings and it will only run you about $350 for the full package program. BTW, they will be coming out with a more comprehensive and full featured program in about a year which will be more closely priced to the other big hitters but will still not hit that hard in your wallet, they are taking about $850 and if you already have GK Pro 2000, they will be offering a discount on the upgrade.

Green Sweep
07-24-2002, 06:51 AM
Look into Real Green's 'Lawn Assistant 3'. I think that they have the best software for our field. The software is very detail oriented. They also have a mapping assistant to map & route your technicians. It's expensive, but I feel worth the money. Check them out at www.realgreen.com.

Rob

GreenGrassIsGood
08-20-2002, 01:33 AM
CLIP software interacts well with QuickBooks, and you can add the mapping/routing software kind of like Rob described - it uses Microsoft MapPoint to route your crews (if you so choose), and you can print maps on the route sheets...