PDA

View Full Version : Craigslist

GMLC
07-01-2010, 08:04 PM
Im going to toss this one out there. What are your thoughts on listing services on craigslist?

Mjben08
07-01-2010, 08:13 PM
its free...picked up 3 yards in two weeks. Even if you dont it didnt cost you.

poolboy
07-01-2010, 09:09 PM
I'm cheap.....

mbrew
07-01-2010, 09:46 PM
Granted its not much, but 90% of my business has come from Craigs List.

DJ'sLawnCareSvc
07-01-2010, 11:17 PM
I LOVE IT. Ive got a template that i have saved on Word- copy it, paste it, and make up a snappy headline- 1 minute and i ALWAYS am getting new customers and jobs from it. Im DEFINITELY downsizing my paid yellowpages advertising next year, and hitting craigslist harder than i am this year. Before you ask, i know what leads come from craigslist, as opposed to yp cuz of emails or ppl say it. Its FREE.... and EASY!

Columbia Care
07-03-2010, 12:07 AM
It is free and 1/2 of my customers came from Craigs List. The only down fall to Craigs List is I receive calls every week from people trying to get me to advertise in their publication or use their service to find additional customers. I still use Craigs List every week and it brings me customers.

corey4671
07-03-2010, 12:29 AM
It is free and 1/2 of my customers came from Craigs List. The only down fall to Craigs List is I receive calls every week from people trying to get me to advertise in their publication or use their service to find additional customers. I still use Craigs List every week and it brings me customers.

that's the very reason I stopped using it. SPAM

Lawn Man Dave
07-03-2010, 06:42 AM
Im going to toss this one out there. What are your thoughts on listing services on craigslist?

Do a search on Craigslist and you will have plenty of reading on this subject........

rwar
07-03-2010, 08:05 PM
I have gotten a few good customers from cl.You will get some spam calls and some tire kickers though,but its free.

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC
07-03-2010, 08:44 PM
I'll be honest, I've had the yellowbook ads for $150 month and etc.. and by far my most successful means of advertising have been the FREE methods like Craiglist.org and such.... Craiglist customers have all been great customers as well...

Cutting_perfection
07-04-2010, 12:33 PM
I think it really depends on your area. I have found great results with craigslist and some terrible.

I also do apartment on the side and find that although you do get a large number of calls, way too many of them do not qualify.

This is the same type of results I have got with CL for my lawn care business. I do get calls but often they are not the type of customers that I wish to do work with.

Again, its free and it does have results, but I believe it depends what your type of customer your going after.

TPC Services
07-05-2010, 01:23 PM
Been Advertising on craigslist for a while now. thats where we get 90% of our work also. yes its a pain in the a** with all the spam crap that comes in our email. but with a few emails to Craigslist about the problem an it stops. I do not put our # on there I make them email us back that avoids half the headace from the other people trying to get you to use there B.S. ways to get more work!!

Baytownlawncare
07-07-2010, 09:52 AM
Works so well for me I had to pull my ads down. I also have a website that has my city's name in it which works real well. People just find my website and call also but sometimes too many calls is a bad thing if you cannot get to the work. I advertise on cl close to days I am trying to add more clients. My thursdays and fridays are full but my mondays, tuesdays and wednesdays are not so i start adverting on cl on those days and pull them down closer to the weekend. You will get some pitas on cl but mostly decent folks.

clean_cut
07-09-2010, 11:04 PM
It almost looks like your desperate, well, at least some do.

I guess if you maintain a professional image then it's o.k.

As long as you don't make a message like....

"lawn moin servcies starting at 25, dollars just call or text me anytime at (123)- 456-7890 i usually am up until ten or so. ill give you a free estimate if you want."

Just stay professional and maybe even put a picture of your postcard or something. And some full color pictures.

Eric E
07-09-2010, 11:53 PM
LOL Cleancut... That would be a professional one in my local CL. Only 2 misspelt wurd.

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC
07-10-2010, 12:12 AM
Yeah I read these ads all the time on CL and there are so many mis-spelled words, it just makes you look unprofessional...

MDLawn
07-10-2010, 12:19 AM
I've often wondered about craigslist. The thing I think about with traditional print ads (paper,yellow pages, etc....) is it attracting an older demographic who is not internet savvy and only uses print ads? My best leads come from people who email me, not phone calls. The best are obviously referrals, but the age group I am looking for is definitely using the internet. Most of my received phone calls begin with "I'm calling for a free estimate" without even stating the service needed until later. Can't say I've ever signed up someone who started with that line! Just an interesting thought after reading this.
Posted via Mobile Device