PDA

View Full Version : Shirts

GMLC
07-02-2010, 08:47 AM
Has anyone switched to golf shirts instead of t-shirts? I know the price difference.

Big C
07-02-2010, 09:02 AM
For mowing...t-shirts here in Louisiana......too freakin hot for anything else!

shade tree landscaping
07-05-2010, 11:55 AM
we use "polos" only. A little more $$ but looks alot better then guys wearing t-shirts, more professional and up scale in my opinion

nepatsfan
07-05-2010, 11:58 AM
i was thinking of switching over. How many shirts do you give to each guy? Do you make it mandatory that they wear them every day?

GMLC
07-05-2010, 12:31 PM
I'm in the process of switching. Looks way more professional especially in the up scale areas.
Posted via Mobile Device

seabee24
07-05-2010, 01:12 PM
labors get tee shirts, any "supervisor, formen, owner, vip" get the polo shirt. i think the polos are a little hotter than a tee shirt. I would aggree that the polos look nicer, but provided that what ever shirt you choose looks professional and cleaned, the fact is your in a uniform, i dont think you are going to loose any jobs as a result of your tee shirts. I would ask your guys and see which they would rather wear. Sometimes its better to put asside your own preferences and go with what the guys using the stuff say. I personally dont like the small "standard" hedge trimmers. Its hard for me to bend over. i always buy the "short pole versions" to save on my back. Well the other guys requested at lease 1 standard heger, despite me not liking them, im also not the guy holding it for 8 hours any more. So what they want, they get. It makes your employees think that they have a stake with your company that there opions and veiws count. Finnally like i said comfort is more inportant to me.

HOOLIE
07-05-2010, 03:20 PM
Polos are terrible...I've worn them before. In large part because the sleeves have a cuff on them which traps heat....plus they are just too heavyweight for the heat. My advice is, if you are concerned about looking that good, open a men's clothing store and forget about mowing lawns :laugh:

bohiaa
07-05-2010, 11:39 PM
doing the same here, Looking into options, what are some of the prices you guys are getting ?

Thanks

VO Landscape Design
07-06-2010, 03:35 PM
I like t shirts but how about sleeveless ones? Factory sleeveless not the ripped sleeve ones.
VO

Glenn Lawn Care
07-07-2010, 12:13 AM
I think polos are to freaking hot. You guys are crazy for wearing them. I wear t shirts with my name and number on them and try to keep them as clean as possible which is all you do.

Stillwater
07-07-2010, 12:43 AM
In this heat of late.... Polo's are not considered weather appropriate but we are equipped with Tees, Polo's, sweat shirts, windbreakers, rain gear. fall jackets.