PDA

View Full Version : Over grown yard

rcblethen
07-03-2010, 09:32 AM
I got a phone call from a potential customer. He has done copper work for me in the past, he is not shy about his prices. He has not mowed his lawn since the season began, It is about a half acre, very overgrown with weeds and grass. I would appreciate some ideas on pricing.

shepoutside
07-03-2010, 09:39 AM
By time. I charge by the hour, as some overgrown yards take longer, depending on how thick they are.

ajslands
07-03-2010, 11:03 AM
I did a half acre for 400$
Posted via Mobile Device

cuttin-to-the-Max
07-03-2010, 11:50 AM
I did a half acre for 400$
Posted via Mobile Device

Over here the TWP/city gets anywhere from $300-$600 to cut an over grown lawn.... All they have to do is give them a ticket!

I hate cutting long @$$ lawns its sooooo bad/hard (on) for the mowers

Dugann
07-03-2010, 12:01 PM
On projects like this I have a special hourly rate for. I charge $5.00 more then my normal hourly rate. Reason being is that it is harder on your equipment, you have a higher risk factor, and you burn more fuel.

If the customer just wants it chopped down, and a roll over I will not even touch the job. The reason why is this even though that is what he wants and it is his property that is in disrepair, it is my crews out there doing the cleanup work and being visible. We will be the ones judged in the eyes of the community around there on the looks of the place when we leave. If the customer is not going pay for the risk, and let me clean it up right, then I will not take it on.

Remember most of the time that you get called in is that he has someone breathing down his neck to fix the problem. If he is not willing to pay you to fix it, or to let you fix it right it is not worth the wear and tear on your equipment and your rep. Just my 2 cents.

ajslands
07-03-2010, 12:17 PM
I had a customer ask if we would just cut it and leave the grass there on the yard! I told them I won't do it because of watthe guy above me just said!
Posted via Mobile Device

rcblethen
07-03-2010, 04:04 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, I am probably going with the hourly approach.

360ci
07-04-2010, 09:45 PM
Dugann took my words! Right on the money.