PDA

View Full Version : Rebuilding the biz after the tornado

rusty_keg_3
07-04-2010, 04:52 PM
Well, june 5th or 6th my bros house, our shop, trucks, mowers, equip, EVERYTHING was destroyed by a tornado in NW Ohio... He lived in millbury....

Heres the thread with a few pics
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=320778

Well we settles with the red truck, trailer, a few mowers, and misc stuff... We got screwed, but whatever... Every1 is alive, so its all good...

So far we have got
Used Metro 32" 12.5hp Kawi
NEW BR 550
NEW FS 90R
NEW KM 90R
NEW 16' Landscape Trailer
NEW Exmark 60" Laser Z (waiting for delivery)

We are still truck shopping, and trying to decide between a dump, and a pickup... And we still wanna get trailer racks, basket, push, and possibly a bagger for our new mower, the loaner they gave us has one, and its SWEET!

We still gotta do some repairs to our 48" Metro that went thru the tornado...

rusty_keg_3
07-04-2010, 04:53 PM
I will throw up a few pics of this overgrown lawn, im sold on the bagger, but u gotta get the 3 bagger for a 60", we were using a 52...

bobcat48
07-04-2010, 05:13 PM
Very nice,glad to see your getting going and getting everything back together.

LawnMowerKing10
07-05-2010, 09:13 AM
Looks good. I like the exmarks.

ShooterK2
07-05-2010, 09:34 AM
Bagging is the ONLY way to go on overgrown stuff like that!!

Glad you guys are getting going again after the storm. Keep on keepin' on!

joef450snowplow
07-06-2010, 06:23 PM
u couldnt save anything what so ever?

Edmonds Lawn Service
07-07-2010, 09:58 AM
Good to see you are going again

clean_cut
07-07-2010, 11:08 AM
I'm glad everyone is ok, that equipment can be easily replaced, but live can't.

I'll be praying for all you guys hit by these tornadoes, I'm sure it's hard loosing everything and trying to rebuild.

On another note, I can tell you like the bagger, does it clog much or does the belt driven fan prevent most of that. My grandpa has a similar bagger on his cub cadet riding mower, but it doesn't have a fan and ends up clogging sometimes.

mowerdude777
07-07-2010, 11:11 AM
Looks great glad to see that the 48 made it through the storm

Economical_Landscaping
07-08-2010, 07:05 PM
Looks good man, keep moving forward. Glad everyone is okay!

Cheers,
Travis

terraman21
07-08-2010, 09:18 PM
hey im in ohio as well yeah we didnt get the tornado but a ton of debri it sucked but what can you do. glad to see everyone was ok. where about in ohio? im in the akron area and did you always exmarks? we have always ran bobcats and this year we added an 52 exmark ztr and love it!!!! BEST mower i have ever used. were you able to make money off the clean up from the tornado? best of luck and keep me posted

Kennedy Landscaping
07-09-2010, 12:41 AM
Glad to see your rebuilding stuff. I'd hate to be in your spot but I do admire you as most of the others on here probably do for keeping your head up and pushing through.

rusty_keg_3
08-04-2010, 10:46 PM
Update... We got a truck!!!! Yay, its an 03 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW, it had the 5 sp, 6.0L Vortec... Its a dump... Will post pics some other time...

Ohh we got the 60" Lazer Z now...

Very nice,glad to see your getting going and getting everything back together.

Thanks me too

Looks good. I like the exmarks.

Thanks! Us too

Bagging is the ONLY way to go on overgrown stuff like that!!

Glad you guys are getting going again after the storm. Keep on keepin' on!

Yea, we wanna get a bagger for our 60"... Thanks

u couldnt save anything what so ever?

Um, plows and salter are bent... It was ALL "totaled" according to insurance, but we are gonna fix some of it...

Good to see you are going again

Thanks

I'm glad everyone is ok, that equipment can be easily replaced, but live can't.

I'll be praying for all you guys hit by these tornadoes, I'm sure it's hard loosing everything and trying to rebuild.

On another note, I can tell you like the bagger, does it clog much or does the belt driven fan prevent most of that. My grandpa has a similar bagger on his cub cadet riding mower, but it doesn't have a fan and ends up clogging sometimes.

Yea, in that thick stuff it clogged up alot...

Looks great glad to see that the 48 made it through the storm

Yea, we got the handle fixed now... Still wanna clean it up more....

Looks good man, keep moving forward. Glad everyone is okay!

Cheers,
Travis

Thanks

hey im in ohio as well yeah we didnt get the tornado but a ton of debri it sucked but what can you do. glad to see everyone was ok. where about in ohio? im in the akron area and did you always exmarks? we have always ran bobcats and this year we added an 52 exmark ztr and love it!!!! BEST mower i have ever used. were you able to make money off the clean up from the tornado? best of luck and keep me posted

Yea, me too... We had Exmark and John Deere... No, all our time went to cleaning up my bros house and yard... We got the house tor down... And sold the land last week...

Glad to see your rebuilding stuff. I'd hate to be in your spot but I do admire you as most of the others on here probably do for keeping your head up and pushing through.

Thanks, Yea it sucks... But we will get through it...

rusty_keg_3
08-04-2010, 10:52 PM
A few pics i took of the new truck...

Ohh, we got a nice trailer rack and basket... Ill find pisc later... If the laser z too...

93Chevy
08-04-2010, 10:56 PM
Nice dump, that thing's sweet. Exmark makes bagging easy with the ultravac. Simple, reliable, and effective. I'd love to see the difference between a triple and double bagger.

bobcat48
08-04-2010, 11:05 PM
Very nice.

jbell36
08-04-2010, 11:31 PM
damn man those tornado pictures look rough!...looks like your gettin' things back together though...on the plus side if everything was insured you can almost start over and get exactly what you want

joey7599
08-05-2010, 10:23 PM
does the dump have a plow

prolawnservice1
08-07-2010, 05:21 PM
Good luck my friend. Keep fighting. I know you'll do well.

rusty_keg_3
08-08-2010, 03:27 PM
Good luck my friend. Keep fighting. I know you'll do well.

Yea, we are... It has to be done...

does the dump have a plow

Not yet... It did at one time, and its a 6 sp, i think i said 5... It has the hookups for a under tailgate spreader too!

damn man those tornado pictures look rough!...looks like your gettin' things back together though...on the plus side if everything was insured you can almost start over and get exactly what you want

Yea, it wasnt all insured tho... Just the red truck, trailer, a few mowers, then misc... The house was too... Luckily.... Its nice to be able to choose tho like you said...

Very nice.

Thanks man

Nice dump, that thing's sweet. Exmark makes bagging easy with the ultravac. Simple, reliable, and effective. I'd love to see the difference between a triple and double bagger.

We gont have a badder on ours, that was a 52in loner till our 60in came in... We are really really considering a bagger tho... That thing was so sweet...

rusty_keg_3
08-08-2010, 03:33 PM
Ok, found some other pics...

bobcat48
08-08-2010, 07:06 PM
Lookin good.