PDA

View Full Version : Charge for work cancellation?

seabee24
07-05-2010, 12:49 AM
Right now I am booked for 4 weeks for big projects and about 10 days out for small half day projects. There are some openings in the schdual, so I'm trying to group the jobs close together when possible. Recently I have been getting new work for new potential customers that is mostly cleanup, weeding,trimming, and mulching. Smaller projects, just your typical home.

Well a few of these people lately have been canceling for various reasons. Problem is they seem to be canceling 2-3 days before their date. That's not really enough time for me to pick up another job to fill that schdual slot.

Doctors often charge a cancellation fee. Should we? How could we go about this?
Posted via Mobile Device

CLARK LAWN
07-05-2010, 12:45 PM
on any job over $500 i get a 20% non refundable deposit. only had 2 people ever try to cancel and get it back, one took me to court and i won.

seabee24
07-05-2010, 01:04 PM
on any job over $500 i get a 20% non refundable deposit. only had 2 people ever try to cancel and get it back, one took me to court and i won.

if you wouldnt mind sharing a little more info. i assume that you make the customer sign a conract with you. Any special wording that needs or should be stated? Being that you were sucessfull and won in court, that would mean that the method and wording that you are using is legal to do, and clear enough for a judge to rule on it.

have you ever done it with credit cards?