PDA

View Full Version : Inc Name Change Florida

unkownfl
07-05-2010, 01:58 AM
I currently have an INC here in Florida and its just my full name followed by INC. I want to change it to say Lawnsite Mowing Inc (example). How would I go about this? I haven't made any effort into this yet but register a domain name and checked to make sure the name is available on the SUNBIZ.Org site which its not in use. Would I need to make a Corp and then MERGE? I'm trying to avoid going through an attorney as I can't see this being to complicated and figured I'd ask here first.

Eric E
07-05-2010, 09:44 PM
I'm not sure of all the details but It's not real difficult or expensive. You might want to look into keeping your current Inc. and file a DBA with your name change under your current corp..

I think you can find the info you need thru sunbiz. You may also want to try FUBA, Florida United Businesses Association .

unkownfl
07-06-2010, 12:14 PM
Thanks I just added my DBA to my corp, so now I have to wait until it comes up on sunbiz to go to the bank.

Eric E
07-06-2010, 12:22 PM
So that worked the way I thought???

Was it easy?

unkownfl
07-06-2010, 12:55 PM
So that worked the way I thought???

Was it easy?

Super easy. I went to sunbiz.org. Then I registered for a fictitious name and put in all my current Inc info. Now I just have to wait until it shows up on sunbiz to get another bank account or if I can add it to my existing account. It uses my current EIN so I don't have to do anything else. I left the spot for where it ask for an EIN for the new name empty as it says optional. It took all of 5 minutes after I read everything before you attempt to file. Legalzoom was going to charge 100 bucks but I only spent 50 doing it myself in 15 minutes total probably.

Eric E
07-06-2010, 01:08 PM
Very good! I thought I saw something like that while registering on sunbiz.