PDA

View Full Version : Most effective mole control methods

GWhunter
07-05-2010, 12:34 PM
Ok, so I live in an area where moles are extremely prevelant. I've battled them for several years with mixed results. I've read every bit of info I could find on them. Well this year I installed a new lawn and have had pretty good result(for a spring lawn anyways) and the moles are back at it. I know that Talprid is a very effective tool as is trapping. I've personnally not used the talprid and have had limited effects with the traps. I've also seen this rodenator product that blows them up under ground. Has anyone tried this method with tangible results? I know that even if I eliminate them now they'll be back eventually. So I'd like some real world facts of what methods are most reliable and sure fire.

Matt

White Gardens
07-06-2010, 08:32 AM
A lawn chair, a spade or bulb fork, and six-pack.

Sit and wait till you see a moving hill and nab the sucker. This is the method my G-ma used for years and she was always successful.

GWhunter
07-06-2010, 11:08 AM
They seem to only burrow at night I've tried stamping down the tunnels with a tamper. The next day some are back. So I'm assumming theses are the main tunnels. I'm going to order some talprid later to day and was thinking of poking holes in the tunnels an placing several worms at different holes.

Matt