PDA

View Full Version : mow-blow-n-go lawn care

blowngolawncare
07-05-2010, 04:46 PM
here are pictures of my new van and mower. I now have 6 accounts and working on 6 more as i rite this. I am gettin ready to go big time! whadda guys think? only positive comments please, i dont need jealous people talkin crap!

bobcat48
07-05-2010, 04:56 PM
Looks pretty good.

blowngolawncare
07-05-2010, 05:00 PM
Looks pretty good.

hey thanks, i am pretty proud of it myself!

bobcat48
07-05-2010, 05:24 PM
hey thanks, i am pretty proud of it myself!

No problem,me too im using ok stuff,nothing to brag about,its not commerical but hey it gets the job done,good luck.keep us posted,thanks Nick.

Field King
07-05-2010, 05:51 PM
you are probably clownin but I knew a guy who never spent more than $200 on a truck, he looked like hell but worked 16 hours a day selling flooring and ended a $ MILLIONAIRE!!!

nepatsfan
07-05-2010, 06:45 PM
I like your stuff. Keep your overhead low. I think we can all learn something from you. Thanks for the posting! Keep us updated and take lots of pictures!

blowngolawncare
07-05-2010, 06:56 PM
I like your stuff. Keep your overhead low. I think we can all learn something from you. Thanks for the posting! Keep us updated and take lots of pictures!

thanks man! even though my equipment isnt the best i hope to upgrade after i get established more.

blowngolawncare
07-05-2010, 07:24 PM
I think his equipment is real nice.

Thanks man! I hope to inspire other young entrepreneurs like my self!

blowngolawncare
07-05-2010, 09:15 PM
ive also got my eyes on this trailer to haul my gear. just gotta pony up the $200 cash, lol.

nepatsfan
07-05-2010, 09:18 PM
Thats all you need. You are gonna be debt free and out making money. You can haul leaves and stuff with that too. You need to document this so you can show your path to fame and fortune. Someday I see you writing a book. You, my friend, are a smart fellow with a head for business.

Mowingman
07-05-2010, 10:14 PM
Well, you know, my first thought when I saw this equipment, and read this post was: "what a joke, is this guy serious about doing commercial mowing with this junk".
Then, I thought back to my own startup in the mowing business. Not counting my younger days of mowing as a kid, I really got started in about 1984. I started out with a ratty looking 12 year old Ford pickup, a Sears 21" mower, a 1954 Huffy 18" mower, and Sears weedeater and hand blower. I ended up with the second largest mowing operation in our town of 100,000+ people, had several crews mowing, and made a good living for my family from the mowing operations.
So, I am not going to laugh or make fun of him. I say, go for it and good luck. We all have to start somewhere.

blowngolawncare
07-05-2010, 10:26 PM
Thats all you need. You are gonna be debt free and out making money. You can haul leaves and stuff with that too. You need to document this so you can show your path to fame and fortune. Someday I see you writing a book. You, my friend, are a smart fellow with a head for business.
thanks for the kind and encouraging words! I'll keep you all posted.

blowngolawncare
07-05-2010, 10:29 PM
Well, you know, my first thought when I saw this equipment, and read this post was: "what a joke, is this guy serious about doing commercial mowing with this junk".
Then, I thought back to my own startup in the mowing business. Not counting my younger days of mowing as a kid, I really got started in about 1984. I started out with a ratty looking 12 year old Ford pickup, a Sears 21" mower, a 1954 Huffy 18" mower, and Sears weedeater and hand blower. I ended up with the second largest mowing operation in our town of 100,000+ people, had several crews mowing, and made a good living for my family from the mowing operations.
So, I am not going to laugh or make fun of him. I say, go for it and good luck. We all have to start somewhere.

Thanks man! Yes, im serious about my business and honestly dont care what others think. ill always take kind words and good advice tho.

Turf Commando
07-05-2010, 11:02 PM
Thats all you got, ''THATS ALL YOU GOT''....
I won't discredit you if your serious, keep your head up and make a go ...

blowngolawncare
07-05-2010, 11:05 PM
My mother used to tell me "if you can't say anything nice to someone,don't say anything at all", also" never judge a book by it's cover"
But this has to be a joke thread; if he shows us his push broom,and hand scissors next that he trims with,then we'll know he's playing with us.Any way it's funny stuff!

i dont know why you think this is a joke. i am a serious business man.

86' Dodge Ram van
Weed eater 22" push mower
Homelite 17" string trimmer
Echo hedge trimmer
A number of other various tools

TurboPirate
07-06-2010, 12:47 AM
i dont know why you think this is a joke. i am a serious business man.

86' Dodge Ram van
Weed eater 22" push mower
Homelite 17" string trimmer
Echo hedge trimmer
A number of other various tools

This business is like real state, it is all about location, location, your equipment is good enough for a start, when I was a Kid I started cutting grass with a Murray 20" 3.5HP, Homelite Bandit SX125 gas trimmer, and I went to my clients houses walking with the mower, then I went to college and didn't cut anymore grass, now that I am in disability I want to start again and I just bought a few new equipment, nothing fancy, I was saying earlier this business is about location, guess what? here in PR clients don't pay for the stripes, nor the bed edges, they just want the lawn cut nicely and everything clean after you finish, most of the houses here in PR have a very small patios, I'll post some photos later so you get the idea of what am talking about, when I get to clients house the less they look at is the equipment, they don't care if you have an 80$ gas trimmer or a 400$ gs trimmer, nor they look at your weed eater push mower, they look at the results, if it's done correctly and clean.
You know something? none of my clients have a patio that I will need a mini tractor, stand, walk behind mowers, the are is so small a 20" push mower is just big enough, so don't get this comments the bad way, there is a tool for each job and right now your van and the push mower is good enough.
When your business grows then Upgrade your gear to the demand of this jobs.
I'll post some photos here tomorrow so you guys have an idea of the accounts I am talking about.
I'll never know how to operate a tractor because I don't have the need of one.
TURBO.
My mother used to tell me "if you can't say anything nice to someone,don't say anything at all", also" never judge a book by it's cover"
Amen to that

Darryl G
07-06-2010, 01:25 AM
You got me beat dude. Right now I'm saving up for a truck like in my avatar but for now this is my rig. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=308190&highlight=peugot

Tom'sLandscapeDesign
07-06-2010, 07:00 AM
Cant tell if serious.

M.A.Landscaping
07-06-2010, 03:41 PM
You got me beat dude. Right now I'm saving up for a truck like in my avatar but for now this is my rig. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=308190&highlight=peugot

lmao thats one of the funniest things ive ever seen :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

blowngolawncare
07-06-2010, 07:21 PM
here is my newest addition to the lineup. I'm not sure if its going to be the main mower or a backup quite yet. Gotta love the big wheels, sweet!

Southern Pride
07-06-2010, 08:24 PM
It's funny. People will always be quick to pat someone on the back who has the latest truck, trailer, and mowers. Then shun the honest fellow with homeowner equipment, but the truth my friend lies in yourself. As long as you keep a fire lit under your ass about your business you will grow very very quick. I just started with 3 yards in April and now I have 30. Last year I worked for a high school friend who had 60 yards. I saw how quickly you could grow and I swore never to work for him or anyone else but myself in landscaping. Best decision yet.

You can get an excellent trailer, commercial walk behind, and commercial trimmer and blower for like $2500...That's not much investment considering how much the equipment could potentially make you. Keep your head up. Oh, and also. You need to people who hate on you. They will motivate you like nothin' else.

PerfectEarth
07-06-2010, 08:48 PM
um....I think everyone who is posting a long, serious, "go get 'em buddy!" response is getting goofed on the worst. Look up "gullible."

Southern Pride
07-06-2010, 09:03 PM
Yea I mean there's a chance someones life is so boring they would make up a joke thread but if thats the case its more sad then funny. Making joke threads on internet forums is pretty lame. Like winning the special olympics at best.

blowngolawncare
07-06-2010, 09:19 PM
It's funny. People will always be quick to pat someone on the back who has the latest truck, trailer, and mowers. Then shun the honest fellow with homeowner equipment, but the truth my friend lies in yourself. As long as you keep a fire lit under your ass about your business you will grow very very quick. I just started with 3 yards in April and now I have 30. Last year I worked for a high school friend who had 60 yards. I saw how quickly you could grow and I swore never to work for him or anyone else but myself in landscaping. Best decision yet.

You can get an excellent trailer, commercial walk behind, and commercial trimmer and blower for like $2500...That's not much investment considering how much the equipment could potentially make you. Keep your head up. Oh, and also. You need to people who hate on you. They will motivate you like nothin' else.

Thanks man! i don't know why everyone is convinced that this is a joke. I mean i might not have the best equipment but it gets the job done. like i mentioned before i plan on getting newer stuff when my business expands.

toasted
07-06-2010, 09:22 PM
Good luck man... Many people in this biz start small.

Southern Pride
07-06-2010, 10:27 PM
As long as your stuff gets the job done. You're overhead is next to nothing so your profit margins are huge. Key is to save, or have enough yards to finance.

TurboPirate
07-07-2010, 01:46 AM
As long as your stuff gets the job done. You're overhead is next to nothing so your profit margins are huge. Key is to save, or have enough yards to finance.

That's the key...............................

Southern Pride
07-07-2010, 01:59 AM
Yeah. Reinvest. 1+1=2.

mr.q
07-07-2010, 03:10 AM
you jokester you!

albhb3
07-07-2010, 07:23 AM
so what kinda plow u putting on there

2brothersyardcare
07-07-2010, 05:44 PM
buy a used wb when you need one

firefighter38310
07-13-2010, 03:34 PM
i started out small and still am compared to many of these guys but i owe no one nothing. i am not far from you. i am from near jackson tn area.
I learned about business the hard way; from 1973-86 we farmed 980 acres +/- of cotton and soybeans. I gave it 150%. I owed everyone in Corinth Ms. I was stressed as a person could be. Diesel prices went out of the roof. Commodity prices dropped and interestís rate was 12% back then. I finally told Farmers Home Admin. We are having an auction. After we sold all the equipment; I went bankrupt for $345,000 dollars.
I am a nurse now and firefighter and when we decided to get into the landscaping Business. We started out very small but I enjoy the outdoors. We probably have $14,000 in equipment now. We owe no one. I donít buy anything I canít pay for in cash. The best advice I can give for all of us in the business is being able to do your own entire repair. I kept my tools from the farming days and have a heckuva shop.
Good luck and proud of you. all of us started one lawn at a time.

Penscape Landscaping
07-13-2010, 05:13 PM
LOoks like another "CITY MOWING RIG" i guess you roll ot up in the back and make just as much as the other guys on here!LOL

clean_cut
07-13-2010, 05:30 PM
Hahahahaha! I love that thread, I personally think that the mtn. bike would be easier to operate and would probably increase your profits :laugh:

Cant tell if serious.

Yeah, I can't either because of threads like Darryl's :laugh:

If you are serious though.... Good job, and keep on moving. If you can mow a few yards with that setup at near the average value, you can probably net more than those guys with $30,000 trucks and $20,000 in equipment.

Use the search feature and learn all you can so you can up sell your other services to your customers.

BTW, if you're looking for some cheap marketing, www.clubflyers.com has 500 free business cards and flyers, they will put their add on the back but the front is yours, the shipping is around $10 though.

Lawncutting27
07-13-2010, 05:54 PM
He doesn't have a blower yet but who needs one when a broom can get the job done.

propertymanagement2010
07-13-2010, 06:31 PM
ahahahahahahhaaaa I LOVE THESE GUYS
Posted via Mobile Device

blowngolawncare
09-02-2010, 11:02 PM
bump it up...

starry night
09-02-2010, 11:13 PM
A sequel? I don't think it can match the original.

blowngolawncare
09-02-2010, 11:55 PM
A sequel? I don't think it can match the original.

Part two is on its way!

Funny thing is, i've done $20 lawn cuts all season long and still laugh all the way to the bank each week. suckers...:laugh:

C & T Landscaping
09-03-2010, 02:32 AM
Part two is on its way!

Funny thing is, i've done $20 lawn cuts all season long and still laugh all the way to the bank each week. suckers...:laugh:

:cough: LOWBALLER!! :cough: :nono:

starry night
09-03-2010, 09:01 AM
I know you intend to start out slow but after you get some cash stashed, the first thing I would do is get that van "wrapped."

Green Team Landscaping
09-03-2010, 11:37 AM
Solid start

THEGOLDPRO
09-03-2010, 03:59 PM
this is def a joke.

South Florida Lawns
09-04-2010, 06:57 PM
this is def a joke.

Ya I'm just trying to figure out who it is lol.

Cloud9Landscapes
09-04-2010, 11:18 PM
The picture of that crappy weed-eater brand mower looks like it was pulled off craigslist. I think this is a joke. Especially with the "I don't need jealous people talking crap" comment.

South Florida Lawns
09-05-2010, 06:37 PM
sounds like bobbygedd

kilgoja
09-20-2010, 12:32 AM
this is the best thread on lawnsite

ok4me2xlr8
09-20-2010, 05:59 PM
I bet you work quality is awesome, O wait I spelled that wrong I meant awful. :dizzy:Lol, this has to be a joke!

MR-G
09-20-2010, 06:43 PM
[QUOTE=Mowingman;3630177]Well, you know, my first thought when I saw this equipment, and read this post was: "what a joke, is this guy serious about doing commercial mowing with this junk".
So, I am not going to laugh or make fun of him. I say, go for it and good luck. We all have to start somewhere.[/QUOTE ..I agree..I started using a sears credit card and a lot of determination....all sears stuff even the trailer...total under 1200.00 in 1987....now 3 crews of 3 and growing....small but very profitable...:waving:

blowngolawncare
09-20-2010, 07:05 PM
I bet you work quality is awesome, O wait I spelled that wrong I meant awful. :dizzy:Lol, this has to be a joke!

Sorry bud, I'm the real deal and my work is top notch!

starry night
09-20-2010, 07:38 PM
blowngo: It's about time you got back on here to defend your lawn rep.
Some of these guys just aren't believers. What's the customer count up to?

ajslands
09-20-2010, 08:15 PM

If you don't have anything nice to say than STFU! Everybody starts somewhere.

Kudos to this guy!
Posted via Mobile Device

Cloud9Landscapes
09-21-2010, 12:26 AM
I agree, makes the rest of us with actual equipment and that do quality work look good.

PlantscapeSolutions
09-21-2010, 10:49 AM
I know you intend to start out slow but after you get some cash stashed, the first thing I would do is get that van "wrapped."

That's hilarious!

FinerCutslawnCare
09-21-2010, 12:24 PM

That is by far thee funniest thread I have ever seen in my life.

Tyler's Lawn Maintenance
09-21-2010, 04:54 PM
This has to be a joke! I have bought all of my equipment than this fool, and I'm only 16! You say your work is top notch, but I have seen nothing to support that.
Posted via Mobile Device

blowngolawncare
09-21-2010, 06:00 PM
This has to be a joke! I have bought all of my equipment than this fool, and I'm only 16! You say your work is top notch, but I have seen nothing to support that.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ya, you got all that only cause you're a spoiled brat teen that was spoon feed from a silver platter. Til you have a wife, three kids, a mortgage payment, and other bills then you can talk crap.:nono:

redcato7
09-21-2010, 06:27 PM
everyone has to start somewhere. you learn as you go. you can find customers that want services the larger companies don't offer. create your own niche market and run with it. as you make money always put some back in equipment. just make sure the equipment makes you money.

terrapro
09-21-2010, 06:40 PM
Go get em! You do have to start somewhere. Just make sure you are charging the going rates then you can replace or upgrade your equipment with out eating into your daily overhead.

SNAPPER MAN
09-21-2010, 06:44 PM
This is hilarious. I mean it's people like you that make people think this industry is sub par.
Posted via Mobile Device

redcato7
09-21-2010, 07:18 PM
the big operators can make a lot of money, with a lot of worry. if you are not careful the little guy with the push mower will make more worry free money and not work 60-70 hours a week. by the way, i started out with my grand dad in 1965.

mowerdude777
09-21-2010, 08:15 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Agreed I am 15 and have purchased everything in my sig, I even stared when I was 8 (believe it or not) and I had nicer equipment then too

Darryl G
09-21-2010, 08:57 PM
That is by far thee funniest thread I have ever seen in my life.

You making fun of my setup? I saved up and got a Schwinn mountain bike on sale. It's got lower gears and now I don't have to walk up hills. And I got one of them Fly Mo mowers too so I don't have to turn the Honda on it's side anymore in the trailer. I just fire up the Fly Mo over my trailer canopy, bungie cord it in place and hover it from job to job.

ok4me2xlr8
09-22-2010, 08:56 AM
If you don't have anything nice to say than STFU! Everybody starts somewhere.

Kudos to this guy!
Posted via Mobile Device

HAHA, Well you go work for him then!

KE-llc
09-22-2010, 10:10 AM
the big operators can make a lot of money, with a lot of worry. if you are not careful the little guy with the push mower will make more worry free money and not work 60-70 hours a week. by the way, i started out with my grand dad in 1965.

Another ls lie
Posted via Mobile Device

Tyler's Lawn Maintenance
09-22-2010, 12:04 PM
You making fun of my setup? I saved up and got a Schwinn mountain bike on sale. It's got lower gears and now I don't have to walk up hills. And I got one of them Fly Mo mowers too so I don't have to turn the Honda on it's side anymore in the trailer. I just fire up the Fly Mo over my trailer canopy, bungie cord it in place and hover it from job to job.

Considering you're an adult with a setup involvig a bicycle and a bike trailer, I find it quite humerous as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

redcato7
09-22-2010, 01:57 PM
Another ls lie
Posted via Mobile Device

numbers don't lie

redcato7
09-22-2010, 02:03 PM
the big operators can make a lot of money, with a lot of worry. if you are not careful the little guy with the push mower will make more (WORRY FREE) money and not work 60-70 hours a week. by the way, i started out with my grand dad in 1965.

South Florida Lawns
09-22-2010, 02:21 PM
Mow-blow-and-go can I come work for you?

FinerCutslawnCare
09-23-2010, 12:53 AM

Well atleast when you have an account on gravel you won't have to worry about the street tires now that you have the mountain bike. Smart purchase!:weightlifter:

redcato7
09-23-2010, 03:37 PM
Another ls lie
Posted via Mobile Device

just which part do you say is a lie! big of you to tell someone you don't know they lie. you don't know me.

walkerwarrior
09-23-2010, 09:52 PM
vanscaping at its best

Darryl G
09-24-2010, 12:56 AM
Considering you're an adult with a setup involvig a bicycle and a bike trailer, I find it quite humerous as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm environmentally conscious having been and environmental scientist for 15 years. My furthest account is only 5 miles away. Makes more sense than people who drive everywhere they want to go, including to the gym to ride a stationary bicycle. How stupid is that?

blowngolawncare
10-17-2010, 03:58 PM
Sunday afternoon BUMP!!

Darryl G
10-17-2010, 05:25 PM
So how did things go this season?

blowngolawncare
10-17-2010, 08:22 PM
So how did things go this season?

Excellent, fall clean-up season is in full swing. I might be able to upgrade the Ram Van next year!

Lawnut101
10-17-2010, 08:45 PM
Remember, effeciency is key in this business. Meaning you have a great start, but make sure you don't fail to upgrade your equipment when you have enough saved up. I wouldn't be able to do business like that around here. But that doesn't mean that you can't! Our average lawn is about 10k square feet, and goes for around $25-$35/cut. I gotta knock out a bunch of those in an hour to make money. Do you do any landscaping, or just mowing?

StihlMechanic
10-17-2010, 09:10 PM
You're Van-tastic!

blowngolawncare
10-17-2010, 11:26 PM
Remember, effeciency is key in this business. Meaning you have a great start, but make sure you don't fail to upgrade your equipment when you have enough saved up. I wouldn't be able to do business like that around here. But that doesn't mean that you can't! Our average lawn is about 10k square feet, and goes for around $25-$35/cut. I gotta knock out a bunch of those in an hour to make money. Do you do any landscaping, or just mowing?

No, I just do mowing. I've had a few requests for gutter cleaning, power washing, etc, but no landscaping yet.

blowngolawncare
10-17-2010, 11:27 PM
You're Van-tastic!

Thanks bro!

Michael J. Donovan
10-18-2010, 09:46 PM
enough with the ignorant and uncalled for comments towards other members, etc.

time to clean it up and move on and quit with those types of unwarranted and degrading comments

thanks