PDA

View Full Version : Aerator and slit seeder rental

speedster
07-06-2010, 02:41 PM
Called the local rental shop today and they quoted me $70/day or $40/3 hours for each device. I've never done either but I'll be doing it to about 1/4 acre. Will I be able to accomplish this in 3 hours or will I need a full day rental. I thought about renting the Aerator on one day for 3 hours and then renting the seeder the next day for 3 hours.

turfcobob
07-06-2010, 04:41 PM
You had better plan all day unless you are a gorilla. Even that will depend on what brand / model you are renting. They tend to beat up humans pretty badly. Plus you have to make at least 3 passes with the aerator and 2 with the seeder to do it right.

good luck

indyturf
07-06-2010, 05:13 PM
You should have no problem aerating your lawn in 3 hrs. then take the aerator back and if you have enough energy left rent the slit seeder for half a day. just make sure the seeder is self propelled. if not look for another rental place...

RABBITMAN11
07-06-2010, 05:45 PM
You had better plan all day unless you are a gorilla. Even that will depend on what brand / model you are renting. They tend to beat up humans pretty badly. Plus you have to make at least 3 passes with the aerator and 2 with the seeder to do it right.

good luck

Not with lawn solution!!!

Darryl G
07-06-2010, 05:54 PM
I would go with 3 and 3 the same day myself but if you want to do it in 2 days that would work too. It would just be one more trip to the rental place that way. Doing both in 3 hours would be pushing it, especially if you're not familiar with the operation of either machine.