PDA

View Full Version : New Tank

sirsweatsalot
07-24-2002, 07:14 PM
i just bought a 500 gallon tank today. tell me if i got a good deal. its fiberglass no holes the only thing it needs is a new top cap. it only ran me $95 and a six pack of MGD. i thought it was a good deal.

LAWNGODFATHER
07-24-2002, 11:57 PM
Sounds stolen to me.

What are you going to use it for?

It's going to run you about $80 for fittings, cover, and agitation.

BTW at 500 gallon of fresh water weighs 8.33# a gallon X 500 = 4165 pounds plus tank, any chemicals and any other componets.

Need a big truck for that.

tremor
07-25-2002, 07:49 AM
I wouldn't refit any tank with a new fill-well cover for less than $95, so it sounds a little too cheap.

Is it mounted to a frame? Is this thing for bulk storage or a truck mounted sprayer?

Steve

sirsweatsalot
07-28-2002, 11:54 PM
i just bought it off a cemetery where i used to work. we only used it there for watering sod. it was on a truck with a 5 horse pump. so i do know that it was not stolen. and my old boss wants to see me go some where so he just said " take it, so you quit bothering me about not useing it anymore!"
i plan to use it to hold fert, no plans for plumbing the whole thing for a truck sprayer i have bigger and better plans i will show you guys later!

LAWNGODFATHER
07-29-2002, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by tremor
a new fill-well cover for $95
Steve

I bought a 16" one with 4" vented cap at Lesco for $45.

www.dultmeier.com for $11.50 + S&H (Includes 4" vented cap)

What size fill well? They have from 5" to 22".

tremor
07-29-2002, 08:38 AM
Hey LGF,

If you're going to quote me, don't clip me.

I said "REFIT". Meaning INSTALLED, so you don't have to. With labor, tax, & freight paid.

I suppose the mail order house will install it & be there if the thing leaks? Try calling them if the truck is in the field leaking. I'll show up with a spill kit. They'll UPS a new one to you. Maybe even eat the freight if you wait for 3 day Ground delivery.

Steve

sirsweatsalot
07-29-2002, 07:08 PM
oh thanks for the prices on the parts guys but my dad has a pretty good sized farm so i think i can just take some of his extra stuff laying around out there.

LAWNGODFATHER
07-31-2002, 09:17 PM
Ok install a new fillwell and cover, incuding labor yes.

sirsweatsalot
08-07-2002, 06:09 PM
well the tank has already paid for itself. i have been doing watering for a tree spade outfit. i was wondering if any of you do any comericial watering?