PDA

View Full Version : Should I go for the Bobcat or the Hustler Fastrak?

WC46
07-24-2002, 07:19 PM
Looking at the Bobcat 19hp Kawasaki 52" cut for $6000.00
Also looking at the Hustler Fastrak 20hp Honda 52" cut for $4799.00

The Bobcat is said to be commercial type and the Hustler Fastrak is not. The Bobcat has bigger tires for a smoother ride. I am cutting about 2 or 21/2 acres at home only on level ground. What is the best mower for me between the two? I wish I could decide so I could sleep at night. I've been bit by the ZTR bug and the fever is taking it's toll on me.

Darryll
07-24-2002, 11:12 PM
I would go with the Hustler Fastrack for severals reasons: Honda engine which is the best on the market, cheaper price, and Hustler appears to be more innovative with their products than their competitors. Also, Hustler is a quality product based on my research. The Fastrack is for home use only and you can mow up to 5 acres a cut without any problem. If you are going to mow several lawns a week or going into business, then you need a commercial ZTR. If that's the case, I would then go with either Hustler or Exmark. I have 2 acres and a Fastrack 44" 18 Honda engine and love it. This machine is very fast, smooth, cuts very well on slopes and has a 12 gallon tank. I am aware of Bobcat but don't know that much about them. I know your decision is difficult, because I just went through it. Finally, take your time and continue to ask many questions. Good luck!

SLS
08-04-2002, 04:27 AM
If at all possible demo both machines before you decide.

Me? I'm a commercial lawn guy (I use a Exmark Lazer ZTR) so the Bobcat would be my choice. It is a good machine and with the proper routine mantainance it should last a homeowner with one lawn to mow 'forever'.

I've got a Kawasaki on my Lazer (23 hp) and it now has 750 hours on it...no problems to date...none. If your lawn is nice and flat that would be the equivelent of around 1500 mowings...about 38 years based on 40 cuts a year...and this is a conservative estimate as my ZRT is rated at 5 acres an hour (wide-open top-speed cutting). You can reasonably expect 1500 hours and up on a commercial Kawasaki or Kohler...if well mantained and not abused.

A good commercial machine could possibly be the last one you will ever need to purchase if you are only mowing two acres at a pop.

Good luck in your search! :)