PDA

View Full Version : Sport Blowout Kit

Glock Instructor
07-06-2010, 09:39 PM
I received my blowout kit for my 42" Sport today (package included drill template, baffle, and hardware). It appears to be a piece of angle iron about 8" long that mounts inside of the front edge of the mower deck and is height adjustable. I mounted it so that the baffle is flush with the outer deck wall. What does the "lip" due to improve the quality of cut? What are the effects of lowering the lip below the bottom edge of the deck? Thanks!

mowerconsultant
07-07-2010, 12:47 PM
This stops the air / clippings from rolling / blowing out the front of the deck.
Lowering the baffle will help in taller grasses and with leaves.

Pj

eddiek2000
07-07-2010, 12:49 PM
Pictures please.

lawnstriper23
07-08-2010, 09:22 PM
When did these hit the market? Pix would be great...

mowerconsultant
07-12-2010, 10:47 AM
I don't have any pics, sorry.

Glock Instructor
07-12-2010, 07:42 PM
I don't have any pics, but I can scan and email the instructions and diagrams if you send me your email address.

Glock Instructor
07-16-2010, 08:12 PM
Tried mowing the the blowout kit installed today. Grass was dry, average height was 4.5" and mower deck was set to 3.5". With the mulch plate and blades installed, The amount of grass accumulating on the deck and blowing was reduced. However, the clumping is still horrible. To make the yard look good, had to mow it twice. With the mulch plate and blades replaced with standard blades and side chute, clumping was not an issue. I want to mulch, do any of the Fastraks mulch well? Is there anything else I can do to my Sport to improve mulching capability?

mowerconsultant
07-19-2010, 08:14 AM
Tried mowing the the blowout kit installed today. Grass was dry, average height was 4.5" and mower deck was set to 3.5". With the mulch plate and blades installed, The amount of grass accumulating on the deck and blowing was reduced. However, the clumping is still horrible. To make the yard look good, had to mow it twice. With the mulch plate and blades replaced with standard blades and side chute, clumping was not an issue. I want to mulch, do any of the Fastraks mulch well? Is there anything else I can do to my Sport to improve mulching capability?

What is the grass height? how much are you cutting off in a single pass?

Glock Instructor
07-19-2010, 09:07 AM
Grass height was averaging 4.5" and deck was set at 3.5". Cut length was approximately 1" and grass was completely dry, mowing at 5pm and no rain in the past week.

mowerconsultant
07-21-2010, 04:31 PM
Grass height was averaging 4.5" and deck was set at 3.5". Cut length was approximately 1" and grass was completely dry, mowing at 5pm and no rain in the past week.

Hmmmm.....
Only other things I could think of is deck pitch, blade belt tension, engine rpms and ground speed, if these are all ok then it should be fine.

Pj

Sport42
07-27-2010, 11:24 AM

That is my fear with trying the blow out kit. All that grass that is being blown out has to go somewhere, and with the kit installed, that somewhere is on the ground in clumps. I have to mow many areas twice now, without the blow out kit.

I like to mulch too. But, I'm starting to think the Sport just isn't a good mulching deck.