PDA

View Full Version : Grass cuts in the summer

sixpixels
07-07-2010, 12:41 AM
Hello all,Now that were getting into the hot summer months does anyone have any advice on lawn cuts. Were starting to get alot of customers saying dont cut this week it doesn't need it etc etc and im pretty sure it will get worse as the heat strikes and the grass doesn't grow as fast.
I know alot of landscapers locally I used to work for would still drop the invoice as if they cut the lawn when they really didn't do anything. I dont want to operate my business like that at all. So for all you veterans in this field.... what do you do to still generate revenue with your customers and keep them happy at the same time?

Puddle of Oil
07-07-2010, 12:02 PM
let the lawns grow long to keep them fairly green if its not completely browned out already. mow when its cooler outside, so before 10am and after 7 pm (approximately)! don't mow mid day if you don't have to, your heavy mower well brown out the grass faster!

Puddle of Oil
07-07-2010, 12:10 PM
mulching, pruning, pulling weeds, gutter cleaning..................

it is the slow part of the season so i hope you saved some money?!

sixpixels
07-07-2010, 12:25 PM
thx for the response.
Yeah we have money saved i was more so seeing if anyoen was going any other routes when customers dont want the grass cut...like just trimming and edging etc etc.

clean_cut
07-09-2010, 10:59 PM
Yeah I love my irrigated lawns this time of year. I also try to cut the lawn as high as possible 4"+, the grass stays green and the lawn begins to look scraggly sooner.