PDA

View Full Version : What to look for

kbcjlc
07-24-2002, 09:58 PM
I run business in lawn care but not irrgation. I have a guy come out this Saturday to check on how much it will charge to install the irrigation on our front yard. Can you tell me what I should be looking for?

Looks like I can do it myself and just hire electircan to prewire everything. But I am going to see how much it will cost to do it and then I will make the decision to see if I can do it or hire these guys

Keith

gusbuster
07-25-2002, 12:09 AM
Use of only professional grade materials. how long they've been doing this type of work.

You don't need an electrician to hardwire your system. If you want to try it yourself, look into solar powered timers like "Dig" corporations puts out. They are more expensive than a regular timer from the likes of hunter, irritrol, rainbird ect... but you don't need to run electricty to each timer.

I see these type of timers being used more and more on commercial projects and residentials. In the San Jaquin Valley, the farmers use them to run new drip irrigation for their almond orchards.

John

SprinklerGuy
07-25-2002, 09:30 AM
cheaper to run the electrical.....don't botherwith the solar stuff right now. It's a house not an "out of the way commercial property".

Get references from the guy, see how long in business, ask your friends who they used, call the irrigation supply houses that you may have done business with. Get more than one bid. I could go on and on...............