PDA

View Full Version : OMG! This was the last lawn of the day

Outdoor_Maintenance_2010
07-08-2010, 09:12 PM
This girl call to cut her grass.she never told me it was this long..Grrr!

And it was 113 degrees out ...hot and humid

I forgot to take after pics...was in a hurry to get in the air conditioning in my truck

http://i26.tinypic.com/rw2xs1.jpg

http://i27.tinypic.com/15n1zq1.jpg

http://i26.tinypic.com/2epo8ap.jpg

http://i25.tinypic.com/4uxf6t.jpg

Cummins343
07-08-2010, 09:25 PM
You call that tall?

DJJS
07-08-2010, 09:48 PM
This girl call to cut her grass.she never told me it was this long..Grrr!

Did you price it without seeing the lawn?

Outdoor_Maintenance_2010
07-08-2010, 09:53 PM
Did you price it without seeing the lawn?

Yep...thats what happends when you dont go to see it

i usually do go by ,but this one was the only one i didnt and i got screwd big time..lol...ohh well learn from my mistakes in my first year

Outdoor_Maintenance_2010
07-08-2010, 09:53 PM
You call that tall?

not the tallest,has been a while i didnt cut a lawn like this

Outdoor_Maintenance_2010
07-08-2010, 09:56 PM
but i left there...and seriously i fell like the lawn look like ****, just the way long weeds ..dunno..but nothing could done..

bobcat48
07-08-2010, 10:16 PM
Wow that was bad,but u did a great job.

toasted
07-08-2010, 10:19 PM
I woulda bagged that one for sure lol sorry bout that one man.... hope you made some money on it.

lifetree
07-08-2010, 11:11 PM
This girl call to cut her grass.she never told me it was this long..Grrr! ...

Did you price it without seeing the lawn ?

Yep...thats what happends when you dont go to see it ...

In my first year that happened to me once ... you just learn from your mistakes and keep on going !! Good luck.

davis45
07-08-2010, 11:27 PM

uhhh, how do you know he did a great job?

toasted
07-08-2010, 11:36 PM
uhhh, how do you know he did a great job?

X2

That was some rare attaboy comment there bobcat:drinkup:

Outdoor_Maintenance_2010
07-09-2010, 05:06 PM
you guys saying i didnt?:clapping:

im sure looks better then what it was

nepatsfan
07-09-2010, 05:28 PM

X3 First thing I thought of .....How the heck does he know. Maybe he knows the house???

T.M. LAWNS
07-09-2010, 05:40 PM
What a mess! Is the girl a mess, like her yard? :laugh:

JFGauvreau
07-09-2010, 06:49 PM
Don't be in such a hurry to get to the AC bud, especially with the heat wave we had this week, you can get really sick by the AC. go from very hot to cold then cold to very hot...

I never put out my ac this week and always ate lunch outside, otherwise you can get very sick if your body changes temperature to many time in a single day.

Anyways the heat wave is gone now!

yardguy28
07-09-2010, 07:27 PM
Don't be in such a hurry to get to the AC bud, especially with the heat wave we had this week, you can get really sick by the AC. go from very hot to cold then cold to very hot...

I never put out my ac this week and always ate lunch outside, otherwise you can get very sick if your body changes temperature to many time in a single day.

Anyways the heat wave is gone now!

not to mention he said it was the last lawn of the day for him. so it's not like he had others to do.

i never run the AC inbetween jobs unless it's extremely hot. my reason isn't so much that it can cause you to get sick because i've never heard that until you just said it. i do it because it makes it harder to get to use to it for the day.

i will definitly eat lunch in the AC if i can on really hot days. like the heat wave we just had. didn't check your location but it's probably the same heat wave we just had.

JFGauvreau
07-09-2010, 07:37 PM
All depends, but its definitely not good for your body. and like you said it makes it worst to get back of the truck after.

This week in Ontario it was around 40-45C with humidex everyday, except for today.

I mean the AC is good but definitely don't point it directly in your face when its very hot outside lol

clean_cut
07-09-2010, 07:41 PM
Where's the after pictures?????

113 degrees in Canada?!?! I didn't know it was possible. LOL I guess that's like saying "it gets above freezing in alaska?"

yardguy28
07-09-2010, 07:51 PM
All depends, but its definitely not good for your body. and like you said it makes it worst to get back of the truck after.

This week in Ontario it was around 40-45C with humidex everyday, except for today.

I mean the AC is good but definitely don't point it directly in your face when its very hot outside lol

i do just that my friend. on the last job of the day. after mowing and trimming are complete the truck is fired up and the AC is turned on max so it's nice and cool when i return after blowing. on the ride home that AC is on max with every vent directed towards my whole body. most are pointed so they are blowing in my face.

JFGauvreau
07-09-2010, 07:55 PM
i do just that my friend. on the last job of the day. after mowing and trimming are complete the truck is fired up and the AC is turned on max so it's nice and cool when i return after blowing. on the ride home that AC is on max with every vent directed towards my whole body. most are pointed so they are blowing in my face.

Well that's weird.. i'm not a doctor but I can say I got really sick last tuesday, was in my bed the whole day, it was probably a bad heat stroke, and that AC in my face maybe didn't help. I guess everyone's different lol

Cloud9Landscapes
07-09-2010, 10:40 PM
I always just hop in a lukewarm shower after working and let it run on me for a few minutes and then turn it up in heat if I want a hot shower.

Wow this got off topic. Better move it to the irrigation forums :laugh:

I have an account that has a side-yard that is overgrown like where I charge them $15 for mowing it down. I could run over it weekly, but its most dirt and weeds and I like the extra $15 every few months.

yardguy28
07-10-2010, 08:34 AM
I always just hop in a lukewarm shower after working and let it run on me for a few minutes and then turn it up in heat if I want a hot shower.

Wow this got off topic. Better move it to the irrigation forums :laugh:

I have an account that has a side-yard that is overgrown like where I charge them $15 for mowing it down. I could run over it weekly, but its most dirt and weeds and I like the extra $15 every few months.

now if your talking showers thats totally different.

i take cold showers 99% of my life. doesn't matter, spring, summer, winter, fall. i get to hot if i take warm or hot showers......that water is set as cold as i can be comfortable.......

Outdoor_Maintenance_2010
07-10-2010, 06:12 PM
Gauvreau: i heard few people say drinking cold water on a warm day is not good for the body,but i didnt heard about going to air conditioning to hot weather could be harmless

i guest would be something to look into

i know Friday was pretty humid,i was sweating my but off just weeding,even when the sun wasn't out it was still pretty humid.

yardguy28
07-10-2010, 07:11 PM
is it because i'm young or something???

all these things you guys are hearing and practice are things i've never heard of until you have mentioned them. and i'm doing just the oposite of those things and doing just fine.

every day i leave the house with a 2 gallon cooler full of ice and water that i drink all day long no matter how hot or humid it is. sometimes i stop at the gas station and pick up some gatorade, no matter how hot or humid it is. if its extremely hot and humid like in the 90's or greater i will run the air conditioner inbetween some jobs depending on how long its gonna take to get from that job to the next. and i almost always run the air conditioner on my way home work on hot and humid days. i also take cold showers 99% of the time i take a shower. i will also make it a point to eat lunch somewhere like mcdonalds or wendy's where i can sit in the AC to cool off when it's 90's or above.

i've never dehydrated or had a heat stroke and i've never felt sick from the heat. i always sweat like a pig which means my body is working correctly.

i do the things i do because my dad recommends them and he is a doctor.

Heintooga
07-10-2010, 07:24 PM

Yup!!! Keep hydrating and you'll be better for it in the later years, "I KNOW".

Outdoor_Maintenance_2010
07-10-2010, 07:59 PM

all these things you guys are hearing and practice are things i've never heard of until you have mentioned them. and i'm doing just the oposite of those things and doing just fine.

every day i leave the house with a 2 gallon cooler full of ice and water that i drink all day long no matter how hot or humid it is. sometimes i stop at the gas station and pick up some gatorade, no matter how hot or humid it is. if its extremely hot and humid like in the 90's or greater i will run the air conditioner inbetween some jobs depending on how long its gonna take to get from that job to the next. and i almost always run the air conditioner on my way home work on hot and humid days. i also take cold showers 99% of the time i take a shower. i will also make it a point to eat lunch somewhere like mcdonalds or wendy's where i can sit in the AC to cool off when it's 90's or above.

i've never dehydrated or had a heat stroke and i've never felt sick from the heat. i always sweat like a pig which means my body is working correctly.

i do the things i do because my dad recommends them and he is a doctor.

was just saying what i heard,even tho i heard these things it doesn't prevent me from not drinking cold water or turning on the ac

I know for a fact hydration is very important and pay attention to it,especially when i play hockey with buddys,,and also like you said getting Gatorade helps

then if your dad is a doctor,odds are that all these things ain't true.