PDA

View Full Version : Overgrown yard.

OldRedFord
07-08-2010, 10:47 PM
Looked at a job today. About a three acre yard. Grass is about knee high, and there's a bunch of kudzu. They just want it all mowed down .

I have a 48" Exmark Lazer Z AS, will it handle this? Just apprehensive of using my brand new mower to do this.

bradseabridge
07-08-2010, 10:48 PM
I'd use my husq walkbehind before I used a ztr. You can feel what your running over better I think.

taron11
07-08-2010, 10:53 PM
i would charge 65 an acre. and u would need to cut twice. $400

OldRedFord
07-08-2010, 11:09 PM
I need to rent a tractor and bush hog and charge accordingly :laugh:

Green Industry Pro
07-08-2010, 11:30 PM
First of all, welcome to Lawnsite as a newer member. I would say that your Exmark will handle it, but only you can make that decision as you know the conditions best. I would cut it once at a high deck height. Then go back over it again at a lower level. Unless you bag all of that(which will be hell imo) or you discharge it in a manner to like clean up the grass somehow like wind rowing, then there will be clumps left and loots of cut grass. Understandable to anyone with common sense when you have grass that tall. Make sure and charge a whole lot because that is a large job.feel free to post any questions you have.

Good Luck! GOD BLESS AMERICA

taron11
07-08-2010, 11:37 PM
yeah i agree with green industry pro. walk property before cutting. you never know what is down in the grass. A bush hog is overkill.:weightlifter:

bradseabridge
07-08-2010, 11:51 PM
But it would be cool to have!

Hell on Blades
07-09-2010, 01:06 AM
Plan on cutting twice- In a square the first time blowing everything into the middle (possibly multiple squares)... Rake it (yes I said rake it) up, THEN lower your deck and stripe the heck out of it!!!

I normally charge at least double my normal rate for jobs such as this. If you're not sure how much, be honest with your customer that you haven't bod many like this and offer an hourly charge. at $35 and hour you'll probably end up with a great pay day.