PDA

View Full Version : Interior Swap

FryDaddy
07-08-2010, 11:41 PM
How hard is it to swap a cloth crew cab interior to leather. I see a truck that looks nice, but has cloth. Probably could find some leather seats at a savage yard & buy a schematic of how wires are ran. Is this something simple or harder than it sounds...
Posted via Mobile Device

ZTR_Diesel
07-09-2010, 12:27 AM
The electrical would be my main concern...and make sure the years and seat configurations are an exact match. The leather seats (especially if a dark color) would be a lot easier to keep clean.

May want to try a truck-sepcific forum realted to the make & model you are interested in. Shop around as used interiors can be easy to find, but of questionable condition (mold, smells, cleanliness, etc.)

MikeKle
07-09-2010, 10:28 AM
I looked into doing this to a Z71 back in 1994, but it would have been to pricey, leather seats are expensive, even from a salvage yard! unless you get lucky and somebody with the same truck wants to swap their interiors with you. As long as its the same body style and the seat mounts are the same, it should be pretty straight forward, but you may need some interior adhesive for any door panels or console pieces. Good luck.

FryDaddy
07-09-2010, 11:39 AM
Thanks guys. After calling dealer this morning, its not gonna be worth it. They want to much for the truck.
Posted via Mobile Device

bluegranite
07-10-2010, 11:03 PM
You can look in the yellow pages for an upolstery shop. They buy premaid leather covers almost any color you could want for the seats and install for around $1000.00 here.