PDA

View Full Version : Anyone getting as sick as I am seeing their lawn suffer? Charlotte, NC

jlbf0786
07-09-2010, 01:20 AM
My lawn was absolutely gorgeous through the entire Spring, and as soon as Summer come around it completely went to crap.
I dont irrigate too often, I did last year but our water bill was outrageous!

Anyone else in North Carolina having flashbacks of beautiful striped turf a few months back? I know I am!
I actually took pictures of my own lawn back when it looked its best.

--Oh well, i guess i'll have to wait for September for aeration/seeding.

1999frontier
07-09-2010, 07:49 AM
Yeah I can't keep up on watering. We haven't had any rain in a while. I've been watering but still doesn't help that much.

frackadelic
07-09-2010, 03:39 PM
I feel your pain. I could have passed my yard off as a golf course 2 months ago. Now it looks like baron wasteland. I'll water if it's going to a few dry days, but 22 days of no rain, watering is just not worth it for me. Come on fall!

Lost Pine
07-09-2010, 03:46 PM
You guys ever hear of a new concept called .......Sprinkler Systems ! ..? I would think that guys who care that much about thier lawn would have one....

jlbf0786
07-09-2010, 04:43 PM
You guys ever hear of a new concept called .......Sprinkler Systems ! ..? I would think that guys who care that much about thier lawn would have one....

Regardless of how much irrigation one may put down.. its still gonna fry most cool season turf. Plus, I made the stupid mistake of mixing high-dollar Perennial-Rye seed into the Kentucky Blue, & Tall fescue seed mix that I used on my lawn; its what got the brunt of the heat stroke!

But, either way.. Irrigating every other day can get expensive.