PDA

View Full Version : What do I do? HELP ME WRIGHT- PLEASE!!!

jsf343
07-09-2010, 02:57 PM
I am trying to find a dealer who will service my Wright Sentar.

I received a certified letter yesterday telling of a product recall, apparently the gas tank leaks on a lot of models and is at risk of fire. Mine DOES leak along with the hydro tank cap. I wanted to get it all fixed after reading about it but the place where I bought the mower in Vancouver no longer carries them, services them or anything. I can not find another dealer ANYWHERE near Portland. There is one dealer that used to sell them and does the service on mine but apparently they are not authorized to do the warranty/recall portion, they are located in Gresham (Moens Machinary).

My question to the Wright rep on here can they be authorized? or can you give a location that is close so I can get it fixed? This is definitely a BIG frustration-no freakin dealers around here!!!! This is a major city too.

HELP!!!!!!:hammerhead:

jsf343
07-10-2010, 03:01 AM
wow... nothing?

I did more research today and there are no dealers within 100 miles minimum. I am trying to understand why. What happened to the west coast dealers?

Toro 44
07-11-2010, 03:09 PM
Sorry to hear about your predicament.

They WILL get back to you. It seems that they only post replies during normal business hours. And from what I've seen, they may take a little time to reply, but when they reply, they usually have a solution.

And they are usually pretty good about handling things even if there is not a dealer near by. I've had excellent customer service even though I don't have a dealer that I work with.

Hope it all works out for you!

jsf343
07-11-2010, 05:37 PM
Sorry to hear about your predicament.

They WILL get back to you. It seems that they only post replies during normal business hours. And from what I've seen, they may take a little time to reply, but when they reply, they usually have a solution.

And they are usually pretty good about handling things even if there is not a dealer near by. I've had excellent customer service even though I don't have a dealer that I work with.

Hope it all works out for you!

Thanks. I think it will (work out) I just want them to hurry because according to the letter I only have a brief window to get it fixed (not sure why that is)

I am sure I will geta reply this next week at some point.

WrightCommercial
07-12-2010, 05:35 PM
jsf343,

We have a solution worked out with the Distributor for your area, please give us a call so we can get you taken care of, 301-360-9810.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg. Service Dept.

jsf343
07-16-2010, 03:18 AM
jsf343,

We have a solution worked out with the Distributor for your area, please give us a call so we can get you taken care of, 301-360-9810.

Best Regards

Hello,

Hello,

I received the word of approval from you guys about taking my mower to Moens, I left a message about getting in touch with them they would like to iron out all the details FIRST before getting started. I have left messages for someone to call them (I left all the contact info) but to date it still has not happened.

Can someone who is dealing with this please call them and iron everything out? I would really appreciate it.

Again... Moens (503)666-9159 ask for Justin or Greg (Justin is the one dealing with all of this)

Thanks.

WrightCommercial
07-16-2010, 10:44 AM
jsf343,

Not a problem this will be taken care of today.

Best Regards

jsf343
07-16-2010, 01:14 PM
thank you!

I called them and let them know you guys will be in touch soon. They can not start any work until they hear from you guys for the authorization.

thanks again,

Jeff

jsf343
07-25-2010, 11:41 PM
hello again,

Can somebody give me an update on the parts being shipped to Moen's? Have they left yet? Seems like this is taking much longer than it should, I figured they would have been there by mid week at the latest.

Not trying to be a pest, I just want to get this done, I need that mower to be in a good and safe working condition.

Thanks,

Jeff

WrightCommercial
07-26-2010, 01:28 PM
jsf343,

The tank shipped on 7/14/10. I just spoke with Greg at Moen (Great guy by the way) and he has the tank. Give them a call and Greg will get you taken care of.

Best regards
WMI Service Dept.

jsf343
07-29-2010, 03:31 PM
Hello,

Yes its me again, I just got off the phone with Justin at Moens,I called to check in and see how things were going and to my surprise he told me they can not start work until they know how they will be paid for their work. He apparently has called Steve from Wright and left numerous messages and is not being called back. What is the deal?!

Once again, can SOMEONE PLEASE CALL THEM and work all this out? It is turning into a VERY frustrating deal and I am sick of being the last to find out from BOTH sides that stuff is not happening. I thought this was taken care of as per your response on 7-16. I am also frustrated that I am having to be the middle man. I just want this recall fixed so I can get my mower back.

I need that mower by Friday and would love to get this all taken care of, can you guys work this out with them?

I am really trying to be calm and level headed about this but come on! This whole ordeal has been going on for over a full month now, I received the certified letter on July 8th, it was sent on June 22nd! It neeeds to be fixed, no more wasting time. Help me be a happy Wright owner again by taking care of this, and taking care of this quickly.

Thank you,

Jeff

WrightCommercial
07-29-2010, 04:20 PM
Hello,

Yes its me again, I just got off the phone with Justin at Moens,I called to check in and see how things were going and to my surprise he told me they can not start work until they know how they will be paid for their work. He apparently has called Steve from Wright and left numerous messages and is not being called back. What is the deal?!

Once again, can SOMEONE PLEASE CALL THEM and work all this out? It is turning into a VERY frustrating deal and I am sick of being the last to find out from BOTH sides that stuff is not happening. I thought this was taken care of as per your response on 7-16. I am also frustrated that I am having to be the middle man. I just want this recall fixed so I can get my mower back.

I need that mower by Friday and would love to get this all taken care of, can you guys work this out with them?

I am really trying to be calm and level headed about this but come on! This whole ordeal has been going on for over a full month now, I received the certified letter on July 8th, it was sent on June 22nd! It neeeds to be fixed, no more wasting time. Help me be a happy Wright owner again by taking care of this, and taking care of this quickly.

Thank you,

Jeff

Jeff,

I can assure you we have been doing everything in our power to help. Steve has spoken directly with Justin from Moen's and provided him with the payment options. Your mower should be getting serviced now, at this very moment. Please feel free to contact Justin to confirm. Should you have any other issues, I ask that you contact us here directly as that is a much more efficient and quicker resolution path. We may not get this posting as quickly as we would a direct phone call.

Again, if there are any further issues, contact us as soon as possible. At this point, we are under the assumption the problem is on it's way to being solved. Please feel free to inform us otherwise should you run into any other problems.

Best Regards,

Wright Manufacturing
301-360-9810

jsf343
07-29-2010, 08:39 PM
I appreciate the fact that things may be happening now, but understand that they were not earlier. I am not directly upset with you guys or them, but rather this whole situation where people are not returning calls, they had parts that came in but it took me calling them to find out about it, and on and on the list goes.

I am just frustrated with the whole thing and me having to be the middle man in it. If I came across the wrong way I am sorry I felt a bit helpless in this whole deal and it seems like the quickest way to get a response is for me to address you guys through this forum because I have had issues with people not calling back as well.

Either way it is getting fixed now according to your post, for that I want to say thank you, and again if I came across wrong I apologize.

One last question...Am I authorized to take the mower to Moens from now on for warranty or recall work? no other dealers for over 100 miles.

Jeff

WrightCommercial
07-30-2010, 09:21 AM
I appreciate the fact that things may be happening now, but understand that they were not earlier. I am not directly upset with you guys or them, but rather this whole situation where people are not returning calls, they had parts that came in but it took me calling them to find out about it, and on and on the list goes.

I am just frustrated with the whole thing and me having to be the middle man in it. If I came across the wrong way I am sorry I felt a bit helpless in this whole deal and it seems like the quickest way to get a response is for me to address you guys through this forum because I have had issues with people not calling back as well.

Either way it is getting fixed now according to your post, for that I want to say thank you, and again if I came across wrong I apologize.

One last question...Am I authorized to take the mower to Moens from now on for warranty or recall work? no other dealers for over 100 miles.

Jeff

Completely understand! Our main concern is to get you taken care of. Let me check on the dealer situation to see if we can get that authorized for good. I'll get back to you as soon as possible!

Best regards,

Wright Manufacturing
301-360-9810

Ric3077
07-30-2010, 09:26 AM
Is the recall for just Sentars or Stranders too?

WrightCommercial
07-30-2010, 09:45 AM
Ric3007,

The recall does not involve the full size Sentars (twin gas tank models), it does cover Sentar Sports. The Standers involved are the fixed deck models (small frame and large frame) and the Stander RH's. If a mower falls within the serial range involved end-users will receive a certified letter.

Best Regards