PDA

View Full Version : How do Tilt Trailers do with 2 Pieces of Equipment?

4 seasons lawn&land
07-09-2010, 03:32 PM
Just wondering if they will still tilt with another machine on the front. Obviously 2 pieces of equipment would not work at all with a split deck but a full tilt Im not really sure.

Maybe better off just looking for a ramp one.

Gravel Rat
07-09-2010, 03:56 PM
If you want a tilt deck you need to have a spit deck trailer you really shouldn't be hauling two machines on a tilt deck. You would be better off with a trailer with a dovetail and ramps.

Mowingman
07-09-2010, 04:11 PM
Usually will not work unless the trailer is a hydraulic tilt type. If not, then front machine will be heavy enough, that trailer will not tilt on it's own to unload rear machine.

4 seasons lawn&land
07-09-2010, 04:13 PM
thanx. But theres now way you could fit the 1st piece of equip on the split part right? stationary is usually just 4 feet.

Gravel Rat
07-09-2010, 04:23 PM
What are you plan on hauling on the trailer ?

4 seasons lawn&land
07-09-2010, 04:35 PM
Theres a good chance at some point I might light to carry a mini X and skid steer. Obviously not very large machines in either case.

Gravel Rat
07-09-2010, 05:31 PM
Are you looking at a deck over tilt deck or one of those low slung between the wheels tilt deck ?

If you are looking at a inbetween the wheels car trailer type trailer I would just stick with one of those.

4 seasons lawn&land
07-09-2010, 05:58 PM
one of what? Tilts? Im really just looking at equip trlrs. All types.

Im not sure how significant a difference it is for deck over/between with non tilts. With a deck over you get a beaver tail so both have pretty nice load angles. I dont think I want a deck over tilt. They seem odd and I never see them.

If tilt, then a low pro but Im not going to be stuck with only ever loading one thing on it. That would be crazy. Someone here must have one and know the tricks.

4 seasons lawn&land
07-10-2010, 12:08 AM
anyone know what the deal is with channel frame vs angle frame Cam trailers? Same class, same weight, low profile...

ProTouch Groundscapes
07-10-2010, 09:32 AM
what size machines are you looking to haul together?

Mowingman
07-10-2010, 09:49 AM
Have a look at the gooseneck lowboy I have listed for sale here on lawnsite.
You need one like it, as you can easily haul your two machines on a 21' trailer I would think. Also, the loading height is very low, so long or steep ramps are not needed.

deerewashed
07-10-2010, 10:56 AM
http://www.kaufmantrailers.com/heavy-equipment-trailer-store/Tilt-Trailers-c2/

somthing like this i think would be perfect for you!!!!!back the skid on first backwards then put mini on next on the actual tilt part then when you need to unload drive the mini skid off then take the skid's bucket and push the tilt down so it goes level again then drive off and let it come to a tilt.

deerewashed
07-10-2010, 10:58 AM
or you could do something like this if you want a bigger trailer.....

http://www.kaufmantrailers.com/heavy-equipment-trailer-store/Two-Car-Haulers-c14/

put some board sdown on the middle and you will be good to go!

4 seasons lawn&land
07-11-2010, 01:57 PM
Thanks. Wow! Why they are really great prices! I'll have to call for more info on Mon.

deerewashed
07-11-2010, 11:01 PM
no problem....took me like 2 seconds to find it.....and since you got a 2500 with insert i didnt think you would want a gooseneck....any other questions just ask me i am good at searching.....

4 seasons lawn&land
07-12-2010, 12:15 AM
Find out why deck overs in the same weight class are built twice as heavy as the low pro's. I made another thread about it. But no one seems to know.

I mean a 7 ton deck over will consistently be 1500 lbs heavier than their between the wheels model.

So theres a little more deck there. But not that much.

The frames on some of these 6-7 tons are a foot wide!

Largest low style is 6 inches.

They have the same distance on center cross members too.

jimmyjack
07-12-2010, 10:11 PM
was looking for the same thing , big enough to get two machines on it , but with a 3/4 ton truck NOT being a gooseneck trailer its to much weight , ........but again i didnt see were u said what size machines your looking at pulling