PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 6.6L Diesel Problem

SLC, LLC
07-09-2010, 11:59 PM
Chevy 2500HD 6.6L Diesel. I was driving tonight when I heard a slight knocking sound, the check engine light came on, and I lost function of the gas pedal. I immedaitely became concerned of it being low on oil, but could not believe that to be the case. I shut the truck down and checked the dipstick several times... oil was fine. I started the truck back up and it ran fine; however, the check engine light is still on.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what might have caused this to happen? Any thoughts on why the check engine light will not go off?

GravelyNut
07-10-2010, 05:59 PM
Chevy 2500HD 6.6L Diesel. I was driving tonight when I heard a slight knocking sound, the check engine light came on, and I lost function of the gas pedal. I immedaitely became concerned of it being low on oil, but could not believe that to be the case. I shut the truck down and checked the dipstick several times... oil was fine. I started the truck back up and it ran fine; however, the check engine light is still on.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what might have caused this to happen? Any thoughts on why the check engine light will not go off?
Sounds like a water bubble in the fuel system

westcoh
07-11-2010, 03:42 AM
Is it an lly duramax? If so, there's a good chance it's the injector harness for the #2 or #7 cylinder. Chances are it'll do the same thing again if you keep driving it. Have the codes read on the truck and if anything like p0202 or p0207 comes up thats likely what it is. Good news is you can fix it for free yourself, directions here: http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142114

One other common problem is there's a bracket by the alternator that's holding a wire harness and eventually it's common for the sharp edge of the bracket to rub through the wiring harness. Lots more info on all this stuff at dieselplace.

I had the same problem last fall with my 05 and the 'icepick fix' I linked to worked for me, apparently it's a common problem on lly duramaxes.