PDA

View Full Version : Beige or Gray Polymeric Sand?

Nullqwerty
07-10-2010, 12:26 PM
Hey folks,

Using Unilock Brussells Block stone that is 85% Sandstone color and 15% Terra Cotta mixed in.

Buying some Alliance Super Sand Polymeric Sand and trying to choose the better color. At first I thought Beige to match with the SandStone, but I'm wondering now if that looks cheezy (matching the grout with the stone). Would you recommend the Gray instead or is Beige the way to go?

Thanks!

Lugnut
07-10-2010, 04:45 PM
I always try to match the color of the pavers when its applicable. In all reality, its not that huge of a color difference anyway with the sands

shovelracer
07-10-2010, 09:34 PM
agreed not much different, I go with beige almost all the time. The gray is usually too dark to my taste.

DVS Hardscaper
07-11-2010, 06:48 AM
In all reality......the color will not matter 18 months from now.

#1 - The color WILL fade.

#2 - The air is saturated with dirt. Give it a short period of time and airborn dirt will cover the joint sand.

We go back to jobs we've done and most of the time after a few months, or a year or two - you can't disipher what color sand was originally used.

Also, our supplier switched from Techni-seal to Alliance. The alliance is VERY dusty. I hate it and I wish they would return to Techni-Seal.......

Bru75
07-11-2010, 04:17 PM
Also, our supplier switched from Techni-seal to Alliance. The alliance is VERY dusty. I hate it and I wish they would return to Techni-Seal.......

That's funny. My supplier switched from Alliance to Techni-seal. They said they had complaints about Alliance.

WGrnd21
07-11-2010, 08:11 PM
I just put down alliance gator dust on a tennessee flag and used the sahara color, it looks great.

Nullqwerty
07-11-2010, 09:39 PM
Cool! Thanks everyone! So it sounds like the color doesn't matter much overall, but going with Beige won't hurt. Sounds like a plan!

I wouldn't mind going with the Techni-seal but none of the local landscape suppliers carry it. One carries Unilock, which supposedly is Techni-seal, but I've heard the Unilock version is sub-par.

Thanks again!