PDA

View Full Version : Finally got a proffessional logo

DLONGLANDSCAPING
07-10-2010, 11:40 PM
Heres my logo, business card front and back, car vinyl for my personal truck, and my trailer tailgate logo.

Hopefully you guys like it

Puddle of Oil
07-10-2010, 11:50 PM
WOW, didn't realize tree's could have a 90 degree angle in em like that!:laugh:

i would have separated the bottom log from the tree i bit better but a side from that it looks pretty good!

DLONGLANDSCAPING
07-10-2010, 11:53 PM
i was thinking of continuing the tree down and have a cursive "landscaping" that looks like roots of the tree, but i liked how this came out, i think the roots would have been too busy.

bobcat48
07-10-2010, 11:55 PM
Wow thats real nice.

DLONGLANDSCAPING
07-11-2010, 12:03 AM
thanks, i finally bit the bullet and spent around 3 grand to get a logo, lettering and all advertizinf supples, letter heads, full bleed envelopes and quality business cards.

bobcat48
07-11-2010, 12:06 AM
thanks, i finally bit the bullet and spent around 3 grand to get a logo, lettering and all advertizinf supples, letter heads, full bleed envelopes and quality business cards.

Yeah,i can tell they look real nice,yours catches me luike wow,just real nice:usflag:.

DLONGLANDSCAPING
07-11-2010, 12:10 AM
Yeah,i can tell they look real nice,yours catches me luike wow,just real nice:usflag:.

im glad, i needed a catchy logo, i'll put my logo that a college kit did . THANK GOD I DIDNT USE THIS , ITS EMBARRASING

Centralmichiganlawncare
07-11-2010, 12:48 AM
Looks great where did you have it done at

bobcat48
07-11-2010, 09:12 AM
im glad, i needed a catchy logo, i'll put my logo that a college kit did . THANK GOD I DIDNT USE THIS , ITS EMBARRASING

Yeah,its really really nice,hahha yeah.

joey7599
07-11-2010, 10:11 AM
nice logo lets see some on truck pics

JFGauvreau
07-11-2010, 10:17 AM
Sweet logo bud

EagleLandscape
07-11-2010, 11:17 AM
"Proffessional" is actually spelled "Professional".

thanks

PerfectEarth
07-11-2010, 11:47 AM
I actually like your old card better! That "tree" is really awkward.

3 grand????? ummmmm.........yikes.

honeydopm
07-11-2010, 01:06 PM

3 grand????? ummmmm.........yikes.I agree! I think the first logo is very professional!

DLONGLANDSCAPING
07-11-2010, 01:44 PM
3 grand was for the logo design(200) car vinyl(350) Envelopes(5000 envelopres for 560) 1000 Letter Heads for 150, 2500 Business cards for 350 dollars, a 3'x 78" trailer sign for tailgate and both sides for (650) , and 36 t-shirts(300) and 12 long sleeve t-shirts for snow(with my snow plowing logo for 180, and i got 3 carhart jackets for plowing with my logo embordiered on, for 260.

I got 100 contracts for snow plowing done free, and i got 300 dollars off for ordering everything at once. I also got 100 folders for bid's and i got my bid sheet printed and laminated inside of the folder for free.

The only thing i have to do now is letter my f-450 and f-250 i put a deposite on for the snow season. I got a huge 33 commercial property contract with one of my employees uncles. PLowing small parking lots and around 1 million sq/ft warehouses. 3 passes all around the building and the semi loading areas, and then a small parking lot in front. PLowing/Salting is around 1700 for each property +material.

That is the price breakdown, i HATE the first one, its embarrasing and i would never represent myself with a logo made to look like a two year old did it, MY new logo's colors are not giving 100% on a low resi screen, in person the green pops and there is shading in the actual logo of the tree and all the lettering. I watch him do it, his name is Ed Devine, he is one of my customers, his business name is "Sign art by Ed" and he creates custom logos and everything for advertizing and has a great knowledge of business and how to contact people for bids. ANyone can pm for his contact info. He only does local designs because he has to meet with you for about a 2 hour meeting before he starts anything.

DLONGLANDSCAPING
07-11-2010, 01:45 PM

3 grand????? ummmmm.........yikes.

you get what you pay for, and i got everything

DLONGLANDSCAPING
07-11-2010, 01:46 PM
"Proffessional" is actually spelled "Professional".

thanks

im glad thats the only thing you have to offer to this thread, correcting my spelling.

btw, i love your logo and your company outlook. Thanks for giving me a great start to grow from.

DLONGLANDSCAPING
07-11-2010, 01:49 PM
nice logo lets see some on truck pics

heres the photoshopped photo of the car with the logo, the us dot # is going to be lower than the trim on the front door of the car, and the number is going to be bigger, with Birmingham,MI underneight the logo.

greenstar lawn
07-11-2010, 03:13 PM
logo looks good man. So your 17 and you have a Ram an F450 and a F250 and only been in business for 1.5 yrs? I must be doin something wrong. Good job on landing those contracts for the snow though i need to get started on that

clean_cut
07-11-2010, 07:43 PM

I don't think it looks really that bad, simple, but....

I think your new logo looks great though, The tree at a 90 degree angle does look a tad strange though, maybe a separate log on the bottom would look more natural

The printing prices, WOW! That seems really expensive, 350 for 2,500 business cards (and design I'm guessing) I could get 20,000 (twenty thousand) including the design, for under $300. I would have looked at some other places for the printing, and some of the things are simple enough that you could design yourself, like the sign, business cards, shirt, etc. and get them printed a lot cheaper.

Here's where I get my things printed so far www.clubflyers.com They have some good prices and they'll even give 500 free business cards or flyers if you'll let them advertise on the back.

deere615
07-11-2010, 10:18 PM
Thats a real nice looking unique logo

yardworks, inc.
07-12-2010, 09:39 AM
Logo looks great, did u get my email about the T200?

DLONGLANDSCAPING
07-12-2010, 05:41 PM
Logo looks great, did u get my email about the T200?

I did, and im sorry for not getting back to you, i am looking for a somewhat newer one, i have a budget of about 25,000 for the loader, a landscape rake, and pallet forks, and maybe a grapple. The loader is going to be used for loading salt in trucks this winter. and installing sod and loading mulch in the summer, it will most likely be sitting 4-6 months so i dont want to go over board but i will keep you in mind.

DLONGLANDSCAPING
07-12-2010, 05:47 PM
I don't think it looks really that bad, simple, but....

I think your new logo looks great though, The tree at a 90 degree angle does look a tad strange though, maybe a separate log on the bottom would look more natural

The printing prices, WOW! That seems really expensive, 350 for 2,500 business cards (and design I'm guessing) I could get 20,000 (twenty thousand) including the design, for under $300. I would have looked at some other places for the printing, and some of the things are simple enough that you could design yourself, like the sign, business cards, shirt, etc. and get them printed a lot cheaper.

Here's where I get my things printed so far www.clubflyers.com They have some good prices and they'll even give 500 free business cards or flyers if you'll let them advertise on the back.

The printing prices are because he isnt the actual printer, he sends it out, and i could find alot better deals but he is doing everything for me, he's a small business like me and he needs business just like i do, i dont mind spending a little bit more to keep the money in the area. I will most likely print my fliers for fall/plowing and my spring fliers through another printing service because flier printing is a rip off through him, its like almost a dollar a flier, when i can get 1000 for around 75 dollars through vistaprint.com all i need is a high res design.

The business cards are full blead, which means the paper is being saturated in ink so it the card rips, there isnt any white showing and it is fully colored through the whole card.

It is alot but i couldnt resist not getting everything when the whole portfolio was proof'd. I like it alot, the L was actually thought up by me, drawn by him but i like the way it is, its somewhat awkward but it is completely eye catching either way.

Thanks for the posts though, its good to have some advice as always

-Jason

yardworks, inc.
07-12-2010, 06:02 PM
I also have a 72'' Harley power rake, power angle, the teeth our like new. Asking 5000OBO but make me an offer.

DLONGLANDSCAPING
07-12-2010, 10:50 PM
I also have a 72'' Harley power rake, power angle, the teeth our like new. Asking 5000OBO but make me an offer.

how much for everything then, the t200 and the power rake? How many hours again, i cant find the email you sent me.

thanks
Jason

DLONGLANDSCAPING
07-12-2010, 11:01 PM
logo looks good man. So your 17 and you have a Ram an F450 and a F250 and only been in business for 1.5 yrs? I must be doin something wrong. Good job on landing those contracts for the snow though i need to get started on that

yea i guess.I have been in business since i was 12 and have grown slowly since then and haven't really advertized until last year, this year i got legal, pay taxes, have insurance, workers comp, and really am working on growing for the following years.

Im gonna be 18 in august and i will be getting the trucks between late august and early September.

I will have 35 commercial snow properties. 45 residential properties.

Equipment will be:
2010 F-450 Dump with Western 9'6" V-plow
2008 f-250 Superduty with Western Wide Out
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 with a Western 7'6" Mid-weight

Maybe: 2010 F-350 Regular Cab 8ft bed Diesel with a Western 9'6" V-Plow

Bobcat of some kind with loader, power rake, pallet forks, and grapple and a snow pusher(maybe)

I might need another truck when i figure out the routes, what i am looking at is doing all the residential with the 1500 and the smaller plow and then working with both trucks together on the commercials to finish each within 20-30 min and if i have to, sub out some of the plowing to a friend my age who just bought a 2002 f-250 with a 8'6" straight plow, he found it for 12000 dollars and only 26,000 miles

I need to find these deals and save some money.