PDA

View Full Version : Trailer for leaf loading

TLC-AR
07-11-2010, 05:17 PM
Hey guys, need to get ready for leaf season and feel its now time to get a trailer. So far I've just been using my GMC Canyon truck bed to transport my equipment around to my lawn mowing accounts. I'm a small operation (only have 6 residential) and have not felt the need really to buy a trailer. But with fall around the corner, I feel that a trailer will be a much needed investment to help collect and hold the leafs...also getting leaf clean ups will hopefully open the door to more lawn mowing customers come spring.

So, my question is....

* any suggestions / pictures of the type of trailer and set up would work best for leafs and my 4 cyl. Canyon?
* also, am I right about leaf clean up opening the door for mowing accounts in the spring?

Thanks for all your help as always!

StihlBR600
07-11-2010, 06:46 PM
You just need a 5 x 10 open utility trailer. Im thinking about selling mine for a 6 x 12.

mowerbrad
07-11-2010, 07:41 PM
What equipment are you hauling around, I'm assuming just a 21" mower, trimmer and blower? So a small trailer would be just fine for you, something like a 5x10 (like mentioned previously) would work well. If you still hauled your equipment in the bed of your pickup, you may even be able to get away with a 4x8, though small, it too could work well for you. Just get some plywood and build sides on the trailer, that should allow you to haul plenty of leaves.

TLC-AR
07-11-2010, 08:37 PM
Thanks so much!

The thought I had of using leaf pickup as way to acquire more mowing lawns in the spring sound reasonable?

Much appreciated again as always.:)

mowerbrad
07-11-2010, 08:48 PM
Fall clean ups/leaf pickup is always a great way to gain new customers. I have gained many weekly mowing customers over the years because they started with me doing their fall clean up. Clean ups are always great to gain you more business during the fall too...even if all the customer wants is for you to do their clean up and nothing else.