PDA

View Full Version : keystone block

jake22si
07-12-2010, 09:51 PM
Has anyone ever worked with the keystone compaq wall block? It's 8hx18wx12d. I want to put some sand down to level it, which the company recommends and the base is on clay. I have already used a jumpin jack and added large stone to the base along with 3/4 and quickrete. Also fabric between sub and base gravel. I am in NH so have alot of movement, will this be OK? I tried setting the block on the gravel base but it is a sob to level. the sand would help out alot. Any expertice would help.

jake22si
07-13-2010, 09:29 PM
it's all good now

Pittsburgh Stone83
07-14-2010, 08:55 PM
Has anyone ever worked with the keystone compaq wall block? It's 8hx18wx12d. I want to put some sand down to level it, which the company recommends and the base is on clay. I have already used a jumpin jack and added large stone to the base along with 3/4 and quickrete. Also fabric between sub and base gravel. I am in NH so have alot of movement, will this be OK? I tried setting the block on the gravel base but it is a sob to level. the sand would help out alot. Any expertice would help.

Stay away from Keystone. I installed them for over 5years, they're junk. It's a commercial grade stone with a lot of in perfections and if you have to do a tight radius break out the Hilti and start drilling holes, because after a couple courses they won't line up for ****! Unilock's pisa 2 or versa lok standard units are a great introductory unit for any application.