PDA

View Full Version : $500-$2k jobs

willretire@40
07-13-2010, 05:24 PM
Does anyone specialize in small landscaping job in this price range. how does it work out for you?also do you advertise this price range ?
Posted via Mobile Device

nepatsfan
07-13-2010, 05:28 PM
Most of our residential mulch jobs are in that range. Not much hardscaping in that range unless its a small walkway or something.

willretire@40
07-13-2010, 06:01 PM
Currently I am advertising as a mow and go type of company. Clean UPS and small landscaping is a little more profitable. I don't like full service work but am entertaining the idea of light landscaping. Mostly to help grow the mowing side financially. Really want to know if I shouldput I'm my advertisements that we specialize in small landscapes from $500-$2000. To bring in those customers who are on a budget and just looking to make there yards look a little better.
Posted via Mobile Device

Glenn Lawn Care
07-13-2010, 06:01 PM
For that price its usually just rock and mulch and maybe some shrub,annual and flower and perennial palnting.

slamjamrockinman
07-13-2010, 07:15 PM
Not a bad idea, most landscapes i do are in that range right now. Im sure u could bring in a decent amount of leads, because the average working class customer is only looking to spend that amount in landscaping. Give it a try, I'm sure it could work out for you. Often there is pretty good profit in those jobs because there really quick.

willretire@40
07-14-2010, 12:48 AM
Any more thoughts on this?
Posted via Mobile Device

DA Quality Lawn & YS
07-14-2010, 01:18 AM
Will - this is all I do for landscaping $2,500 and under projects. I am solo and do not have the time nor manpower to do larger stuff, with mowing/apps besides. BUT, I love to do about a half doz. of these types of projects a season to make some income.

Actually, as a solo, I can do a lot more for homeowners than larger landscape ops can for the almighty buck, with all their labor overhead, etc. I just landscaped/river rocked 3/4 of the way around a small house for under $2,500 taking plenty o profit. You may find your small one day jobs might get bigger because of your low overhead.

STL Cuts
07-14-2010, 03:02 AM
Currently I am advertising as a mow and go type of company. Clean UPS and small landscaping is a little more profitable. I don't like full service work but am entertaining the idea of light landscaping. Mostly to help grow the mowing side financially. Really want to know if I shouldput I'm my advertisements that we specialize in small landscapes from $500-$2000. To bring in those customers who are on a budget and just looking to make there yards look a little better.
Posted via Mobile Device

No need to put $500-$2,000. Numbers scare people. Maybe "specializing in small landscape projects" or something along those lines. If you list price, people will assume that they can get their "small landscape job" done for $500-$2,000 when in reality you'll get people trying to get $4,000 jobs out of you for the $2,000. I can just hear the PITA saying it now "Well you're ad says between $500-$2,000".

Just my $.02.

scottrees
07-14-2010, 01:00 PM
I agree with STL Cuts, don't give numbers. Try something like beautiful landscaping on any budget.

shade tree landscaping
07-14-2010, 03:43 PM
I love little jobs like those, schedule them all in the same day or two and you have a decent day or two. The key that you have to be in and out at those prices otherwise your making nothing!

hackitdown
07-14-2010, 03:51 PM
I advertise for mulch and shrub installs. Most jobs are in the $1K to $3K range. Typical would be 10 yards of mulch, 8 or 10 shrubs, and some perennials...that kind of stuff. Two or three of us knock them out in a day.

Mahoney3223
07-15-2010, 01:07 AM
100% of our jobs are in this range and we typically do 2-3 a week on top of our weekly mowing. it works out good actually.

Fireguy97
07-15-2010, 03:51 AM
Really want to know if I shouldput I'm my advertisements that we specialize in small landscapes from $500-$2000. To bring in those customers who are on a budget and just looking to make there yards look a little better.

How is the average client going to know what his job will cost. If you put limits, you will lose jobs. Quote what the client wants. Quote the job. If someone wants $4500.00 worth of work, are you going to turn it down?

I'm an irrigation contractor. I did a $4200.00 installation last year on a new home. The client decieded that he wanted me to take care of installing his sod. I've never installed sod in my life. I didn't have a clue on prep, installation, pricing, or the equipment to do the job. I looked at the client and told him, "I'll get it done for you". One phone call, and two hours later my landscaper pulls up and talks to me, then my client. Twenty-four hours later we had a signed contract for a $6800.00 installation, and a cheque for 50%.

During the prep work for the turf, we added another $2000.00 for a garden area and some big rock work.

Maybe I should have turned him down. He wanted to give me too much money.

This year we put a deck extension is for a client. I didn't hammer a nail. I didn't price it, I re-routed the irrigation system, and I made another phone call. The extension was over $12,000.00

I have never told a client that I can't do it. I tell them that I'll get it done for them. If they don't like the pricing, that's up to them, but I don't set a limit on my clients budget.

Mick

willretire@40
07-15-2010, 12:52 PM
No I wouldn't turn the work down.
Posted via Mobile Device