PDA

View Full Version : Rmv!

Think Green
07-13-2010, 11:55 PM
I am really Pizzled off as I was beginning to start typing this thread and our Electricity went out. That's what you get for living out in the county and the humidity is muggy and hot....
Anyway, at the beginning of the Spring I purchased 8 Jackson & Perkins roses from one of our popular nurseries. All was well............great growth.....long stems.........colorful-full blooms. My wife trimmed off the stems for flower arrangements.......as usual. Pruner's that she cleans in alcohol and bleach solution. Over the last couple of weeks..........browning stems.........short stems......blotchy leaves and necrotic zig-zag lines. We fertilized them with Epsom salts......iron sulfate and super phosphate--13/13/13 was used at the time of planting. The same scenario my wife did at the beginning.
I have been getting calls from other customers as well with these same patterns of ailments and not the usual rose spot as before.

Are any of you having these same problem's with the grafted roses. I am not talking about the Knock-Out's either. I have seen other problems with them.

White Gardens
07-16-2010, 09:21 AM
Zig-Zag Lines? Is it a borer of some sort in the leave tissue?

I'm a big fan of any all in one rose care products. Anything with systemics in it to help control disease and pests.

Think Green
07-16-2010, 04:03 PM
RMV-1
Rose Mosaic Virus!!
Anyone else having issues?